Sets a user-specified URL to load in new tabs.
NewTab Redirect Plus! Sets a custom URL to load in new tabs. Choose from: * Chrome's about pages * NewTab * Extensions * Downloads * History * Popular URLs * Your own URL Your custom tab can also be a local file, allowing you to create your own new tab page. Saving blank text will cause your new tab to be about:blank. Files can begin with: `file:\\`, `file://`, and `file:///` Important: This is not meant to replace your homepage, only new tabs. If your browser is set to load the New Tab page as your homepage, there may be odd consequences.
- (2019-11-01) AD G: Well, it works just fine, is you know what you are doing. file:///c:/ folder location , works fine file:///c:/users/me/bookmarks/ works fine. file:///c:/users/me/documents/bookmark.html works fine chrome://bookmarks works fine for me https://start.duckduckgo.com works fine works like the regular tab redirect on here, and I have both of them.
- (2019-03-16) ★★★★★
- (2018-12-28) Justin Barbosa: al finla solo hay que colocar www.google.com y dar save y queda me encanto
- (2018-07-14) Alex Bass: Would like to use this over the New Tab Redirect plugin, but it is not selecting address bar content. Would update to 5 stars if it did and ditch using New Tab Redirect. Whatever New Tab Redirect does for: "Always update tab, not redirect. (Enable for cursor in the address bar)" - I wish this app did the same. Can someone please reply to this comment if this is ever updated? Because I likely won't check back anytime soon :/ Cheers!
- (2018-06-10) Olivier Refalo: main differences with non plus version. 1. address bar content is selected by default. This is great and allows to quickly write a new url without the need to select all existing content. 2. UI is the standard chrome page, not sore why the original looks so crapy.
- (2017-10-30) maneiro
- (2016-11-15) Yash Hiremath: I used "chrome://apps/" as the URL. It works. But when I go to the new tab that entire URL would be selected (looks blue). Is there any way I can change that
- (2016-11-14) Peter Cordero: Does what I need it to do. Very simple for what I use it for. Redirect to Yahoo page. Thank you to developer.
- (2016-11-09) Sneek Sheets: Doesn't work. I put in my folder locaton and the BOOKMARK location for chrome, and it didn't not work, but New Tab Redirect works.
- (2016-09-29) Danny Gonzalez: Instalen esta, viene sin publicidad y funciona exactamente como quieres
- (2018-11-14, v:22.214.171.124) Ignacio Cobos: Keep the focus on the address bar
It would be very interesting to have the focus on the address bar, so if you need to type an address or enter a search you don't need to click on the address bar to start typing. That's the natural behavior of the original new tab, and that's what I would expect, no matter what page is the default one.
- (2017-10-06, v:126.96.36.199) Jorge Luque: The new tab URL is not highlighted anymore after the latest Chrome Update
My new tab URL is chrome://apps/ Before the Chrome update, when I created a new tab, that URL would be highlighted. This means that I could type anything into the search bar and it would delete the URL. That was a good thing. Now, the URL is not highlighted anymore so when I go to the new tab and type a search in the URL bar it just adds it to the front of the URL bar's contents. For example, if create a new tab, then type the word "iPad" and hit enter, the search ends up being "iPadchrome://apps"