Prevent Chrome from closing without warning.
This extension opens a tab that can't be closed without your permission. This prevents you from accidentally closing a multi-tab browsing session. !!! NEW FEATURE - THEMES !!! Clicking the icon opens the options page to choose theme options. Send your theme ideas via email. Click the red button on the Chrome Close Lock start page to enable protection. Chrome version 54 or higher is required. Popup bug has been fixed in rev 3. Incognitio window bug has been fixed in rev 5. NOTE: Chrome Close Lock protection is no longer automatically activated. Newer versions of Chrome now require you to interact with the page to activate the code that makes Chrome Close Lock work. We added the enable button for this purpose. We are actively working to make it fully automatic again.
- (2021-05-07) Max Lai: Thank you! Now i can't accidentally close all my Tab
- (2021-04-29) Arthur Carlos: My god I instaled it and a page oppened that looks just like a virus pop up.. It might work but this scares me
- (2021-01-30) J Bruce Feynman Niccolo P. Bentulan: does exactly what it says. it doesn't take up space in tabs when i pin it. opens for every window.
- (2020-12-03) Elizabeth Mason: well I don't know what is wrong with this extension, yes it does what it says, but then it also does a lot more like opens numerous more tabs of the extension and then wreaks havoc on the chrome window. I don't know but it opens in every window I open. I have maybe two open and need too. I work on two different google accounts. stop the extension from opening numerous times. please and then maybe we can move the star bar up
- (2020-11-09) Chen Frank: Really useful!
- (2020-08-31) Reita Ray: Good extension
- (2020-08-21) Доширак с Курочкой: Thank you! Now i can't accidentally close my browser!
- (2020-08-04) francesc corral: Is a good extention and it works fine, but now I can not move a tab to my second screen ;-( The "annoying tab icon" shows that you have to click there to really lock your chrome
- (2020-07-11) Rikkert: Simple and only one that works
- (2019-06-01) Paul Tottle: Excellent. Great workaround for the many times I've accidentally pressed Ctrl+Shift+W and exited all Chrome tabs. Thank you!
- (2019-05-16) Filippo Grilli: fantastica, grazie :)
- (2019-05-06) Vũ Thị Thanh Hải: It works quite good but the background is too scary for me :))
- (2019-03-17) Make Name Acceptable Go: Doesn't work with Vivaldi (at least my version. Other Chrome extensions do. Great idea though. No idea why "close confirm" isn't an option on every browser, it's pretty basic.
- (2018-11-27) Sushil Barai: People are fool who are giving bad reviews, I accept that this is not a perfect extension, but you don't have any other choice if you don't want to accidentally close your chrome(especially in incognito mode), I find it very useful!
- (2018-09-13) Robert Strait: Trust the bad reviews - this is not what you think. Immediately uninstalled this intrusive, obstinate plugin.
- (2018-06-18) John Ellis: Annoying. Tab suddenly pops up out of nowhere and i've actually closed chrome accidentally more with this plugin than before haha.
- (2018-06-14) Jose Manuel Da Silva Gomes: Good extension, it should work automatically though. Another thing, please change or allow to change the tab icon, it is simply annoying (i mean the warning triangle that changes color [warnBlk, warnBlu, warnRed, warnWht]) it should be something simpler (no animation imho) like the disabled lock icon (brown).
- (2018-04-04) Nicla Carrettoni: Ogni volta che riapro il computer (di solito lo lascio in stand-by) devo riattivare chrome close lock, mi sono scordata di farlo, ho chiuso per errore una ventina di schede, ho cercato di riaprirle dalla cronologia -> chiuse di recente, ma secondo chrome le schede chiuse di recente erano venti schede chrome close lock. No, capiamoci, è più confusionario e dannoso che utile.
- (2018-03-30) Jack Wang: Need you click to confirm,its not a automated work!!!how can be enabled on startup???
- (2018-03-27) Bin Liu: The image of the tool is so scary. Disgusting.
- (2018-01-16) Kalvin Johnny: suspicious
- (2017-11-28) dot lizard: Not quite what I'd hoped for, but ok. What would really be useful would be to be able to lock specific tabs (like making sure I keep my gmail tab open) rather than having just a generic lock on the whole browser session. I tried putting my gmail url into the locked tab, and now I have another tab next to the lock that seems to open automatically and only has the gmail icon, no text (similar to the locking tab) so ... well, I guess that's OK, even though it's probably not supposed to be used that way. I would love to be able to lock gmail, Trello, and other things that I need to keep up on, and also to be able to temporarily lock sets of tabs when working on a specific project. That seems like it would be a fairly common use case, I wonder why there aren't browser extensions that do that?
- (2017-09-14) Alexandru Tomuz: Thank you
- (2017-09-03) Shark: This used to be enabled as soon as I opened chrome but now I gotta click to enable, now everytime a Ad pops up via another window it disables the extension again and I gotta click to re-enable which defeats the purpose of the extension. Could you possibly make this a setting to be enabled on startup like before?
- (2017-06-09) Alexey Glazov: Works good
- (2017-05-31) Marcelo Gallardo L.: crash after 2 windows open, Can't uninstall help
- (2017-04-04) Aaron Gehri: Simple and straightforward
- (2017-03-31) Kang Li: useful
- (2017-03-12) Kalle Anka: This is great, I often accidentally press ALT+F4 and it does so that that doesn't accidentally close Chrome. But I would like it if you made that tab hidden.
- (2020-07-22, v:Ver. 1 - Jan 20 2018 - Rev. 5) Rob Hull: I love this extension but it's still a bit buggy
It's been a bit buggy when trying to move a tab from one window to another, but as of today I had to disable the extension because it just outright won't let me move tabs between windows anymore - they just pop straight back to where they came. (I've got work to do now, but I can have another play around and submit more details later if necessary.)
- (2020-02-04, v:Ver. 1 - Jan 20 2018 - Rev. 5) William Stewart: This bug is still occurring as of 2/4/2020
"BUG: Opens several tabs of this extension tab when moving a tab to a new window When I move a tab to a new window, this extension opens several tabs of its extension tab in the new window (althoug after a short time these duplicates are automatically closed, it is quite annoying and consumes unnecessarily a little time and also temporarily RAM and CPU). Posted by Rainbow Warrior Princess - Dec 15, 2018"
- (2018-12-15, v:Ver. 1 - Jan 20 2018 - Rev. 5) Rainbow Warrior Princess: BUG: Opens several tabs of this extension tab when moving a tab to a new window
When I move a tab to a new window, this extension opens several tabs of its extension tab in the new window (althoug after a short time these duplicates are automatically closed, it is quite annoying and consumes unnecessarily a little time and also temporarily RAM and CPU).
- (2018-07-31, v:Ver. 1 - Jan 20 2018 - Rev. 5) Red Android: Moving tabs to other windows
Dragging tabs out of current display to a different one will stop you from moving it because of the lock. I see this is already said but last update on this was in jan.
- (2018-02-05, v:Ver. 1 - Jan 20 2018 - Rev. 5) Tamar Weinberg: Can't drag tabs out of the current display
Did you know that this plugin FREAKS OUT when I move a tab from one Chrome display to a separate Chrome instance? I had to force kill the plugin. I'd like to use it, but I have to try something else.
- (2017-11-30, v:Ver. 1 - Aug 8 2017 - Rev. 1) Jimmy Joe: The enable button is a temporary workaround.
Please make the "enable button" go away and automatically enable Lock on browser launch. Its too bad Google "fixed it" on you but their reason is probably to stop spammers from using pop-ups to prevent you from leaving their site. The best fix would be for Google to build it into Chrome like Firefox did.
- (2017-10-29, v:Ver. 1 - Aug 8 2017 - Rev. 1) Shivani Modi: Remove the lock
I want to remove the lock but the tab won't close.