Fast Scroll is a tiny but very handy extension that allows you to scroll through web pages way faster
This small extension allows you to increase scroll speed on web pages either : - by pressing a key of your choice between Left Alt (the default), Left Ctrl and Left Shift - or without doing anything : scroll speed will always be increased, and you'll have the ability to decrease it temporarily by pressing one of the keys mentioned above You'll also be able to configure the new scroll speed through the extension's Settings page. Quite handy to scroll through long web pages or big documents quickly ! If you have any feedback, feel free to ping me @flawyte on Twitter, send me an email or open an issue on the GitHub repo if you're a developer! ## Release history # v4 (2020-11-04) - The Settings page was removed and you can now change the extension's settings without leaving your current webpage by clicking the extension's icon in the top-right. Don't forget to refresh open tabs after you've saved your new settings for the changes to be taken into account!
- (2021-05-21) Rizal Boon: Works quite well. Synergizes well with fast scroll similar to VSCode.
- (2021-04-26) tas bot: didnt work
- (2021-03-23) VaporeonVortex: I use android apps on my Chromebook and some tasks are just absolutely HOPELESS without this extension. It's exactly what it says and it's amazing and is very helpful, especially for things your usually meant to use a touchscreen for.
- (2020-12-29) Joel Joseph: not working on ubuntu 18 chrome v 86.0.4240.111
- (2020-10-11) Sourav Goswami: Works fine at the cost of disabling smooth scroll in Chromium and Brave from YouTube. Breaks YouTube.
- (2020-10-09) uni lol: this is soo usefullll thank youuu
- (2020-09-04) NotCrxmson: Extremely helpful very easy to use and effective Loving it
- (2020-04-14) Etienne Bideau: Hi, Doesn't work for me (simply nothing happens). Using Chrome v 80.0.3987.163 on Windows 10. Hope I'm not doing anything wrong.
- (2019-10-23) Pi Gun: I don't get it - I chose Left Shift for fast scroll but it speeded up my Up Down Arrow Keys scrolling instead and Left Shift button doesn't scroll whatsoever.
- (2019-08-14) James Pound: It works great, but can you make the speed multiplier stay on the whole time? I'm trying to solve the issue of the horrible touchpad scroll speed on Chrome.. can't be changed by the mouse settings.
- (2018-11-28) Ruby: simple to use and very helpful to scroll faster if the page is too large
- (2018-08-30) 민규김: Shift + Wheel로 빠른 스크롤을 가능하게 해주는 단순하고 편리한 애드온 입니다. 최고!
- (2017-10-08) Mohd Faizan: Awesome !
- (2021-05-28, v:4.0) Gamepad Coder: Love this, thanks!
Would it be possible to reduce the permission scope? Currently when you click "Add to Chrome" a notification says: >>"Add Fast Scroll? It can: Read and change all your data on the websites you visit. [Add Extension] [Cancel]"<< If this is an umbrella permission required to add the scrolling functionality to each page, then it makes sense. But if there's a way to reduce the scope of permissions, it might make Fast Scroll more appealing to more users. Anyway, very nice extension, great work!
- (2020-11-12, v:4.0) Дмитрий М.: Settings
Hi, where is the settings ?
- (2018-10-13, v:2.0) fast scroll without pressing any key
Would it be possible to have an option to make fast scroll default, that is without pressing any key ? Would be great. Thanks
- (2018-06-24, v:1.0.0) ポール: Allow zooming
How about using alt for scrolling or make alt the new zoom key?
- (2017-10-08, v:1.0.0) Mohd Faizan: No Zoom
It blocks zooming functionality.
- (2017-10-08, v:1.0.0) Mohd Faizan: Hot Key
Let user decide which key he wants to use as combination key.