Removes annoying accidental slide scrolling behavior in Google Drive Presentations
This extension stops the annoying accidental slide scrolling behavior in Google Drive Presentations. Fixes a terribly irritating problem where Google Drive Presentations automatically jump to the next slide unexpectedly, usually as a result of using the non-scroll-indexed devices like Apple Magic Mouse. Source code and license https://github.com/sneakaway-studio/stop-slide-scrolling
- (2021-06-25) Philippe Cailloux: Thank you so very much. This works perfectly for me. I'm on Windows 10 using Google Presentation a lot. The issue was from using my Logitech mous MX Anywhere 2S (very high resolution with a very sensitive wheel option. It was almost impossible for me to use Google Presentation without deactivating the mouse wheel. Thanks again.
- (2021-06-25) Kyle Penn: saved a visit to my therapist, thank you
- (2021-06-25) Antonio Guijarro Flores: Thank you! :) So annoying...
- (2021-06-14) Eduardo Pontes: Wonderful, simple solution to an erratic, flabbergasting behaviour from Google Slides. This extension is a blessing!
- (2021-06-04) Eduardo Gutierrez: It does what it claims to do BUT... if you have the scroll reversed, as I do, it doesn't have an option for it. Please fix this!! It should (hopefully) be very simple to add this as an option. It's odd to change the scrolling behaviour for one single app. Other than that, good job!
- (2021-05-16) Donald Timpson: Works exactly as expected. Thank you.
- (2021-04-18) Andy Tilling: Perfect! Just perfect!
- (2021-02-11) James Oehring: Amazing! Thank you... This was driving me insane
- (2021-02-01) Tiffany Duening: Thank you so much for creating this. I'm so happy I could cry.
- (2021-01-18) Yana Safonova: A great solution for this annoying behavior.
- (2020-12-04) Michael Deluca: ummmmm.... that moment when you google search a sentence about what's annoying you today about your magic mouse and google slides and then THIS COMES UP... Seriously I can't even believe it took me this long to think about searching for a fix. I'm so glad I did, this was so fast and easy and it worked instantly. THANK YOU!! You beautiful human being.
- (2020-11-10) Austin Chen: Yo poggg finally something stops this stupid google slides feature
- (2020-10-25) Matt Zimmermann: Absolutely brilliant - I searched high and low in apple and google settings to figure this out and it took me too long to try searching the chrome store. Thank you!
- (2020-10-23) Jaime Andres Gutierrez Herrera: Thank you so much. Hero! This was very annoying for me!! Now, Im happy.
- (2020-10-16) Dave Stewart: OMG, I want to give you a hug! This is literally the biggest PITA problem when editing presentations. Why Google haven't sorted this themselves is completely beyond me... but thanks muchly!
- (2020-10-08) Peter Galadik: Thanks for this! Finally working with magic mouse in GD Slides is not painful!
- (2020-09-21) Rafael Franco: Thank you so much! Was driving me crazy!
- (2020-09-16) It simply doesn't work. My google slides is still jumping all over the place with my magic mouse
- (2020-04-08) Glan Thomas: It's pretty bad that this extension needs to exist at all, but I'm super glad it does.
- (2020-03-25) Bertrand Fan: Thank you so much for this extension! This has bothered me for years.
- (2020-03-18) C McTidyup: You have saved me from going mad!! Could not be happier. You solved a real user need :))))))))
- (2020-03-11) Berkay Çınar: Thank you bro. You r a hero!
- (2020-03-09) Victoria Pirulli: This is an actual miracle. I've had this mouse for a year and I can't believe I just thought to google this problem. Thank you 🙏🏻
- (2020-02-12) Brian Bessire: I have no idea how Google Slides hasn't caught onto this MAJOR issue thus far, but this extension makes my Google Slides life SO much more enjoyable... this is atop the frustrating reversal of scroll direction that Google Slides does. Great job and THANK YOU A MILLION, Sneakaway Studio!!!
- (2020-02-06) Christian Hohn: Just works for me as it's meant to be. I'm so happy that there is a solution to this annoying problem. Thank you!
- (2020-01-29) Женя Волков: Google doesn't give a ship about usability. Thank god you do. Good job!
- (2020-01-21) Tommie Nordholm: Works flawless. Saves a lot of irritation. Thanks mate!
- (2020-01-20) Maurizio Atzori: Thank you so much for this! Using it now on macOS 10.15.2 and Chrome 79: game-changing.
- (2020-01-15) Simon Bureau: Wow! So many frustration disappeared using this!
- (2019-12-05) Katie Burtwell: This is going to save me so many tears. Thank you so much. I can't express how happy this makes me.
- (2019-11-28) Oscar Lema: Thanks, this is magic!
- (2019-11-21) Ido Berkovitch: solves the problem :)
- (2019-10-29) Stacey Xenidis: Thank you, I wanted to cry - (it's the little things) don't forget to REFRESH!
- (2019-10-23) Winston Hartle: this is a phenomenal addition that prevents a lot of frustration but it no longer seems to work (at least not with the trackpad on my 15" 2017 macbook pro running mojave) :(
- (2019-10-03) Anais Gouault: Thanks for fixing this annoying problem!!!!!
- (2019-09-24) Will Moxley: Thank you for fixing this!
- (2019-09-11) Aaron Nolen: This little widget has saved me so much frustration and time lost. Thank you for creating it.
- (2019-09-05) Shayne Holmes: Does just what it should. I can use Slides with my magic mouse (yup) now.
- (2019-08-29) Gal Angel: 10 stars, those idiots at google should title you google expert!
- (2019-08-23) Brian Eiler: Absolutely amazing. Thank you SOOOO much! Until now I had been leaving my control panel window open to the mouse scroll configuration page and keeping the checkmark in the corner. A total PITA. I never thought a Chrome extension could actually improve my life (and sanity). Kudos to you and thank you again!!
- (2019-08-20) Jeremy Castro: Sometimes the little things really suck, and then sometimes the little things to solve the sucky little things that suck are amazing. Like this extension.
- (2019-08-17) Darci Larsen: A thousand blessings on your head for creating this extension.
- (2019-08-16) Craig Barrett: The magic mouse is a horrible device I am forced to use at work. This extension is a life-saver if you ever have to work in Slides.
- (2019-08-09) Roger Tan: This is freaking fantastic. The jumping slides problem with my mac and magic mouse was so unbelievable frustrating, and now it's solved! I happily take a moment to jot this down to thank the dev for this. One step closer to not having to rely on the office suite of Microsoft!
- (2019-07-31) Grant Hull: This is good and it did indeed solve my accidental slide scroll. Though it does remove any slide scroll. It would be great if it just increased the threshold before scroll occurs. Then it would be perfect.
- (2019-07-17) Werks!
- (2019-07-04) Craig Branham: This is a godsend, thank you so much! Working in Slides every day, I can't tell you how much disabling slide scrolling improves my life when I have to use a Magic Mouse or Trackpad on the Mac.
- (2019-07-01) Ashley Aitken: Thank you so much for fixing this annoying BUG. I don't know what the Google developers are thinking to allow such stupid behaviour as that. Many thanks!
- (2019-06-26) Mobile Monsters: Doesnt work. Most up2date iOS ... did everything ... not working. let down :/
- (2019-06-04) Karl Sadler: Big Up! Not up, up, down, down, down, up. :0)
- (2021-06-14, v:0.1.2) Jens Schriver: Extension works as promised, but also causes "freezes"
I'm a big fan of this extension, it's saved me from hours of frustration. However... On recent Google Slides, the extension is working fine, but it creates another problem. Namely, when I now swith to next slide, the entire page freezes for some 5-10 seconds. It feels like that "wake-up" effect some laptops have, where they just need a moment to get ready... and then things start flowing again. I've disable the extension and that solved the "freeze" problem... but now I'm back to slides skipping all of a sudden. Help!
- (2021-02-14, v:0.1.2) António Alegria: Safari Support
Hi, I'm a super happy user of this extension, however I'm mostly a Safari user. Could you publish this extension in the Safari Extensions in Mac App Store? With the latest Safari release, with support for Web Extensions, this should be possible and would be really helpful. I would even pay for it! Let me know if I can help in any way.
- (2021-02-07, v:0.1.2) Ivan Mok: Google Slides scrolls when editing
Google Slides scrolls when I'm editing, mostly when I'm using CMD+C to copy, CMD+V to paste, and mouse to hold and move the pasted object. I started noticing this issue yesterday. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with updating to 88.0.4324.150. My system: Google Chrome 88.0.4324.150 (Official Build) (x86_64), macOS 10.15.7
- (2020-12-08, v:0.1.2) Chris Duncan: Turn on and off?
The extension works great for GSlides but I find that it prevents me from scrolling on some intranet sites that we use at work. Could a simple toggle be added to switch the extension on or off instead of having to remove and re-add it?
- (2020-08-31, v:0.1.2) Lydia Saxton: accidental scrolling of google slide presentations
I downloaded the Google Chrome extension and now have no issues with accidental scrolling on my Google Slide presentation on my device. However, if I share my presentation with others and they view it on other devices with browsers other than Google Chrome, will they also be prevented from accidental scrolling or would they have to add the extension to their device (or browser) as well? Thanks!
- (2020-08-21, v:0.1.2) George Kozlov: What type of application is that?
Hello, we manage browser extensions via MDM (https://cloud.google.com/docs/chrome-enterprise/policies/?policy=ExtensionAllowedTypes) and we allow the following extension types: • extension • theme • hosted_app • platform_app Even whitelisting the application via the IT doesn't allow browser to install the extension, and I assume the extension is legacy_packaged_app type that will be deprecated soon by Google. Is there any plan to migrate the app to the new platform?
- (2020-08-18, v:0.1.2) Steve K: Works great in Chrome, but how to add to Wavebox?
Wavebox appears to have access to some Chrome extensions, but your "Stop Slide Scrolling in Google Presentation" doesn't show up as an extension I can enable in Wavebox. Any ideas? Thank you!
- (2020-07-06, v:0.1.2) Aliza Warwick: Doesn't seem to work?
Thanks for this incredible extension! I've refreshed the Google Slides pages I'm working on after installing the extension but still the scrolling continues. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, as well as using dev mode in chrome to upload the unpacked version myself. Still no luck. Any tips or tricks?
- (2020-06-04, v:0.1.2) Nina Cutrone: does this work when sending the google slide activity to others?
does this stop the scroll slide change for my students when i send them a link to an activity? or does this just work on my own computer when added on? HELP!
- (2020-05-14, v:0.1.2) Kiley Newbold: Why does the extension request access to Google Analytics?
Hello! I found your extension and was about to add it, but I saw that it wants to read data from Google Analytics. Can you please explain to me the purpose behind this and what is done with the data?
- (2020-04-15, v:0.1.2) Susan Burgess: Thank you!
I suffered for 2 days before breaking down and Googling to see if anyone else had this issue with Slides. This totally worked! Thank you!
- (2020-04-03, v:0.1.2) BJ Golding: Thank You
This helps me so much. Bless you, kind human.
- (2020-01-24, v:0.1.2) Meredith Romano: PLEASE MAKE THIS FOR GOOGLE SHEETS
This is awesome, but I desperately need this for google sheets too. It'd be life changing if I could use it for that as well!!
- (2019-11-04, v:0.1) Nathaniel Grills: Doesn't work
Is there something specific, other than installing the extension, that I need to do in order for this to function? I see that it is installed, yet when click it it merely takes me to your studio page with no further instruction.
- (2019-09-10, v:0.1) Tom: Extension stopped working
Hi, I had this working when I first installed in around 3 months ago, but since then it has stopped – on two different computers. I've tried restarting chrome, slide and my computer. I'm using the latest version of Chrome - Version 76.0.3809.132 On macOS Mojave Version 10.14.3 Other people I work with are experiencing the same issue.
- (2019-05-03, v:0.1) Fred Tinsel: Issue ?!
Hello :) and first: THANKS I was using your plugin but since my new laptop, it seems do not work anymore. Is there a recent incompatibility with Google slide? osX 10.14.4 chrome 74.0.3729.131
- (2018-01-29, v:0.1) Daniel Molinillo: Activate scroll again with hotkey
Thanks for this extension. Could it be possible to activate the scroll again pressing the command key (or any other) in case you actually want to scroll slides with your mouse?