Adds smooth scrolling for the middle button auto-scroll and improves the UI.
No setup necessary, it simply adds Firefox like autoscrolling to Chrome. The ability to tweak the sensitivity might come in a future version if it is requested. For the Safari 5 version of this extension visit: http://gnuu.org/2010/06/26/announcing-middlebuttonscroll-for-safari-5/ Note: This plugin requires Chrome 5.x (beta or dev branch). There is a bug in the stable branch (4.x) that disables this plugin from working: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=29826 - to upgrade, go to http://www.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel Note: This plugin will tell you it needs to access "Your data on all websites". The plugin does not actually touch any of your data (the source is freely available below for those interested), but it does need to run on all of your pages. Unfortunately, there is no way to change the scroller on your pages otherwise. This URL explains the issue in more detail: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=30636989775092ba&hl=en Note: this plugin along with all others are disabled on https://chrome.google.com (including this page) for security reasons. You'll have to test it somewhere else :) ChangeLog: 1.1.0: December 20 2010 - Fix triggering of events when mouse button is let go 1.0.7/1.0.8: April 9 2010 - End autoscroll with left or right click - 1.0.8 is a re-release of 1.0.7 with a minor bugfix (removes a JS error from being logged) 1.0.6: April 7 2010 - Fix issue where scroll did not activate on certain parts of a page 1.0.5: April 6 2010 - Fix freezing issue - Fix icon position issue with relative body positioning 1.0.4: April 5 2010 - Fix scroll icon position for pages with body margins 1.0.3: April 5 2010 - Fixed scrolling activation on certain websites - Enforce minimum Chrome version of 5.x to use this plugin 1.0.2: April 5 2010 - Tweaked sensitivity to allow for slower scrolling. - No longer scrolls upwards when inside the panscroll icon. 1.0.1: April 5 2010 - Fixed middle click for image elements - Better scroll handling for certain pages 1.0.0: April 4
- (2018-02-13) Alexei Rybnikov: Not everywhere working, but still very usefull
- (2017-05-17) Hauck Araujo: dont work
- (2016-06-12) Sergey Nosov: Not working
- (2016-03-17) Ciprian Amarandei: Not working
- (2016-01-14) Doesn't work still. Middle mouse does nothing. I know my middle mouse button works because I use it to close tabs.
- (2013-10-08) Peter Sumner: Middle click doesn't do anything. No image, no scrolling.
- (2013-05-27) Matija Erceg: Stock autoscroll framerate is 20fps. With this one, I get the full 60fps :)
- (2013-03-14) Jayden Lawson: Good but once you click with the middle mouse button to scroll - the scroll stamp *should* stay on screen so you can move the mouse up and down to scroll without it disappearing. Currently you have to continue to hold the middle mouse button down while you move the mouse up and down for scrolling.
- (2013-02-17) Hadi Skeini: Found no other way of smooth scrooling with middle button.
- (2012-07-20) E: Great extension! This was the only thing I missed when I moved to Chrome from Firefox.
- (2012-07-18) miro k: hey - could you just add an option to reverse the scroll direction, so the scroll behavior just conforms with the native OSX Lion scroll behavior? meaning: if you want to go further down you have to middle-click and drag the page upwards.. that'd be awesome!!
- (2012-04-27) Paweł Mazurkiewicz: Extension is great, it's a true life saver in Chrome - but it doesn't work in the latest GMAIL. Can you do something about it? Cheers
- (2011-11-17) Alexey Veselov: Usefull app! But it would be great if there were added the ability to customize not only hold down the button, but clicking on it, like it's done in the Opera browser. Thenks!
- (2017-10-14, v:1.1.1) Niaz Saifutdinov: Doesn't work anymore
It is doesn't work anymore. Please fix it!
- (2017-09-11, v:1.1.1) Pete Leo: Stopped working properly
After upgrading to the newest version of Chrome, it doesn't works anymore on every side. It's like 2 of 10 sited which work now. Please fix this.
- (2016-05-31, v:1.1.1) Alluring Girl: doesn't work
no scroll graphic nor functionality.
- (2016-04-10, v:1.1.1) Terrell K: Error trying to load graphic
I don't get the scroll grpahic. The console gives the following error: "panscroll.js:93 Denying load of chrome-extension://ibehnpdcgpabccnlefccelhblhphbbpl/autoscroll_v.png. Resources must be listed in the web_accessible_resources manifest key in order to be loaded by pages outside the extension." So maybe try doing that. I know you shouldn't have to, but it might fix the problem.
- (2015-04-09, v:1.1.1) Tyler Beatty: affected by framerate
on websites that don't display at a full 60fps, it scrolls a lot slower. As someone with a terrible CPU, this is a huge issue, especially on sites like tumblr.
- (2014-01-05, v:1.1.1) Christian Selmer: scroll on local files
hello, thanks for your addon. it is highly appreciated. But it doesn't seem to work on local files. I use chromium with debian unstable. i would like to use the scroll-via- mouse-feature on local files like javadoc for example. Can you make this work? thxs, christian