Hide & show the admin bar with one easy click!
If you work with Wordpress on a frequent basis you may have a love/hate relationship with the admin bar. The admin bar is exceptionally handy when jumping between the front and backend of a site or when writing content but it can also get in the way when doing design or trying to build the aesthetics of a site. Changelog: 1.1.1 (2/9/15) - Toggling admin bar display now toggles the `admin-bar` class on the body element as well. 1.1.0 (9/16/14) - Now using the Chrome Storage API instead of localStorage- this comes with the added benefit of syncing across devices via your Google Account! 1.0.3 (9/5/14) - Replaced browser action icon for high density displays :) This plugin isn't for those who want to get rid of the admin bar completely, you don't need an extension for that. Wordpress Admin Bar Control is designed for those who want easy concealment of the admin bar on a per-domain basis. This means that all you need to do is click the plugin's action button once and the admin bar will vanish immediately-- between page loads and sessions alike. Want the bar back? No problem. Just click the button again and the admin bar will be restored instantly! This project is as open sourced as it gets! https://github.com/Swingline0/wpAdminBarHide
- (2020-03-19) Kevin Pillay: I am white.
- (2019-05-17) Shaun Roselt: I love this plugin. It makes my life very easy. Now I don't need to go into private browsing mode every time I wish to take full page screenshots of my websites.
- (2019-04-24) Kyle Charlton: A must have for any WordPress user, works as expected.
- (2018-10-04) Sushi OSHIO Food: OSHIO hân hạnh đánh giá 5* Google+ . webside https://www.oshio.vn/
- (2018-03-11) Americo Batho: so alegria obrigado wordpress
- (2017-10-23) Xpeed Studio: Helpful
- (2017-09-20) Solen Win2: good
- (2017-08-20) Carlos Ivan Padilla Silva: Genial para cuando estas elaborando tu sitio
- (2017-07-14) Doug Montgomery: This thing will really screw with your website while you're trying to work on it. Script errors galore when trying to load pages and unless you know about it...you'll spend days trying to figure out what's wrong with your site when in fact it's this extension.
- (2017-03-08) Eric Greenspan: I love this. Thanks so much!!
- (2017-01-26) Pierre Bernardeau: Useful when it works. Sometimes it just breaks and make a lot of js break too... Annoying when you are in dev mode...
- (2017-01-18) Jean-Francois Rouault: Works fine with all my themes. (DIVI OPTIMIZEPRESS THRIEVE & so on...) Good Job Thankx
- (2016-09-15) Vita van der Lijke: Ok, but not working as expected. An empty space was visible on scrolling down.
- (2016-09-10) Simon Barnett: Simple and useful
- (2016-08-06) Firoz Mahamud: vary nice
- (2016-07-24) Raymmar Tirado: This is great. Saves me from having to jump browsers or go incognito just to get a peek without the admin bar! Much love.
- (2016-04-18) Carl Meehan: Simple & effective... thank you!
- (2016-03-26) Franck Frémont: Works very well with some themes. :-) But doesn't work until now with Divi (Elegantthemes). :-( The admin bar stays empty and shows the background color. Could you have a look on it since Divi is used by hundreds thousands of people? Would be happy to give 5 stars as soon as it is done! :-)
- (2015-12-18) r2r Right to repair: Amazing
- (2015-11-16) Kaine Shutler: Works well! Would love for an option to still display it on wp-admin.
- (2015-10-20) Leonardo Silvestre Mardini: Maravilhoso!
- (2015-10-04) Nestor Julio Borgoni: Buena, facil y comoda!!
- (2015-09-09) Faraz Moin: Although it was able to hide the admin bar, it didn't work as expected. the empty space for admin bar was preserved and it was visible upon scroll.
- (2015-08-30) James Hendricks: i love it jame
- (2015-02-25) José Gregório: MUITO BOM .
- (2014-08-22) Ron Richardson: Works as advertised. Thanks!
- (2014-06-20) Thor Sarup: perfect - just what I was searching for :)
- (2017-11-04, v:1.1.1) KC Yang: A white bar on the webpage top
Hi there, I recently discovered a white bar occur on the webpage top when using this plugin, the white bar disappeared when this plugin disabled. Please advise.
- (2017-09-07, v:1.1.1) Kenneth Feldman: Front-end only, and Hot Keys
+1 and another +1 for Front-end only, and Hot Keys features! Either way, I love this extension!
- (2017-09-01, v:1.1.1) Dizz Martin: Wordpress Admin Bar Control
Will be super convenient if you add the ability to assign hotkeys to enable and disable the Wordpress admin panel.
- (2017-03-10, v:1.1.1) Simon Barnett: Log in if not
Great Extension - thanks! Suggestion: if not logged-in, clicking the button adds /wp-admin/ to the root URL and reloads the page. Maybe even redirect to the originating page after that. I think WordPress can handle some of the redirection.
- (2016-05-30, v:1.1.1) Maestro: Hot Key
Hello, Thank you for making this really useful extension. I love it. I would love it even more if I could control it via a hot-key. If you can put that on your roadmap that would be great.
- (2016-04-07, v:1.1.1) Laurie Heer: Add/remove "admin-bar" body class
I'm running version 1.1.1 and am seeing a problem with the extra margin for the sticky header generated by my theme. The extra margin appears when the viewport has been resized and the page is refreshed. The extra margin remains until the page is scrolled. Love the plugin -Thanks for the help!
- (2016-01-19, v:1.1.1) Jacob Perl: Front-end only option
Hi there...thank you for this great, useful extension! Please add my vote for a front-end-only option. Thanks!
- (2016-01-19, v:1.1.1) Lidia López: App permissions?
Hi Eran! First of all, thank you for your app, it really seems useful and easy-to-use. However, when I try to install the app in my browser, it seems that it have permissions to see and edit all the data from the websites I visit. I was wondering if that is really necessary, as I'm very careful about this kind of permissions. Hope there's an answer for that, I really want to use the app!
- (2015-12-24, v:1.1.1) Michael Pierce: It isn't working
I have installed this twice and it isn't pulling up when i click on button. Maybe i am not doing it right but would like to set up a blog. What am i doing wrong?
- (2015-07-10, v:1.1.1) Ann Moss Betts: book
I'm ready to publish an e-book. Now! Please help me get started, thanks, Ann Betts