Delete Slack messages in bulk - channels, private channels and direct messages supported
⚠️ DEVELOPER NOTE ⚠️ Slack is gradually upgrading its backend to a new version therefore some users might see "Please go to some Slack Channel or direct messages". There's a new updated version 2.0 with support for the new Slack app: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jmnhlemigpnjfifikojieigkbgemgbbm 🚀 Easily avoid the "10k limit reached" notifications ⭐️ Your team has more than 10,000 messages in its archive ⭐️ Your team has sent over X messages past the 10k limit ⭐️ Upgrade to access your first X messages ⭐️ To see and search this channel’s full history, upgrade to one of our paid plans 🚀 Notice ⭐️ Direct messages from the other person can't be deleted, nor in the original Slack interface ⭐️ Threaded messages aren't supported 🚀 Did you know that...? ⭐️ Team Owners and Admins can export message and file history from Slack? ⭐️ And with Compliance Exports enabled the exports include messages and files even from private channels and direct messages?! 🚀 Security and privacy ⭐️ No data are transmitted to anywhere, ever. Message deleter for Slack is client-side only. 🚀 Warranty/uncertainty of functionality ⭐️ Message deleter for Slack depends on functionalities of 3rd parties therefore there's no guarantee all features will work the same forever. Some features may be removed, some new ones added. At worst it's also possible all features will stop working. Completely free and with no ads Made with ♥ by Peta Sittek
- (2020-06-24) Indra Baraily: this is really help full
- (2020-03-26) Jimmy Pinnock: I installed ver 2.0 basic and for admin. I reset my profile with no other extensions and refreshed the slack application and it is still not working. Both versions flashes red saying messages are being deleted, but they're not. Please advise on a solution.
- (2020-02-12) Elizabeth Y.: I installed the 2.0 version and it is not working at all. Previous version worked, but this one is doing nothing. Flashes red saying messages are being deleted, but they're not :(
- (2019-12-09) E B: Thank your for the latest update! Appreciate your updating to the latest Slack version for your extension to work! It's so much faster now! Much appreciated!
- (2019-11-15) Angus Mol: No longer works, don't install this plugin. Even if it would work, unpaid version only deletes own messages....
- (2019-11-14) Jay Y: This extension is broken because slack changed URL, don't bother installing.
- (2019-11-01) Letícia Rehwagen | LAR: O slack mudou o formato do link. Agora a extensão não reconhece a página mais como página do slack :(
- (2019-10-21) Eduardo Costa: Unfortunatelly that extension did not work. I figured out on delete all the message using the AutoHotkey software and the script provided here: https://pastebin.com/3ynDxgbX https://pastebin.com/y74Pm1Ns
- (2019-10-01) Gilly Berlin: Update please :(
- (2019-09-26) Benoît Lacelle: Not working as of septembre 2019
- (2019-09-12) Wílsòn Pèná: no longer works on https://app.slack.com/client/ URL's :-( Thanks it used to work like a charm
- (2019-09-04) It used to work great and now it doesn't work anymore! Please help me fix this. I click on "delete my messages" while having a direct slack chat open and it doesn't work!
- (2019-08-30) Sam Suez: Didn't work for me at all. It reported "This Slack page isn't channel page neither direct message page". I'm pretty sure that I know my own direct message page.
- (2019-08-28) Elvis Brito: Não funciona mais! O slack mudou o formato da URL que antes era seudominio.slack.com para app.slack.com/client/.... e a extensão não acompanhou a mudança.
- (2019-07-31) Mediag Dev: Stopped working. Keeps saying not in direct message or channel when I clearly am
- (2019-07-30) Joanna Clark: Unfortunately, this and other Slack message deleter extensions no longer work. It appears that Slack has changed the format of their URLs, so the extensions can no longer recognize when the page you are on is a channel or direct message. This will require some redevelopment before it works again.
- (2019-07-29) Tiffani P: No longer works as slack has changed their urls from "messages" to "client". The add on doesn't recognize direct messages anymore.
- (2019-07-29) David Reay: Good app, but currently broken. It can't seem to detect the channel name and ID.
- (2019-07-25) Georges Leekify: ne marche plus (bouton inactif), ne reconné plus la page comme une conversation slack
- (2019-07-23) Josephine Bergmann: Was great, but stopped working completely. Now it keeps saying "Please go to some Slack Channel or direct messages" even while there. I think it's thanks to an update but my coworkers and me really need this and I hope it will be fixed!
- (2019-07-22) Mohammed Kaouadji: Does not work anymore.
- (2019-07-18) Hermann Lotter: It does not work any longer. Keep on saying " This page isn't channel page neither direct message page"
- (2019-02-21) Steve: This is proper rubbish, don't bother. It's barely functional, it definitely won't do what you want; you have to pay through the nose for that - thanks Slack for omitting basic functionality, others can profiteer on. Awesome.
- (2019-02-12) Z H: Doesn't work. Deletes a few messages and reloads the page. Then the messages come back. Tried refreshing. Clearing cash. Restarting browser. Nothing worked.
- (2019-02-01) Sara B: So incredibly thankful for this extension! Peta, you have saved me countless hours that I would have had to spend doing manual delete. Thank you for the time and effort you put into creating this.
- (2020-03-19, v:2.3.0) David McLean: How long does it take?
Hi, I installed v2.1.6 and selected the option to delete all of my messages from a private conversation (there must be a few thousand messages). I am seeing a flashing red message saying "Deleting messages.... please wait or click again to stop". It's said that for about 10 minutes now. Is it not working? Thanks, David.
- (2019-11-24, v:2.3.0) Peta Sittek: DEVELOPER NOTE
Thank you all for your patience. A new updated version is now available: Message deleter for Slack 2.0 https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jmnhlemigpnjfifikojieigkbgemgbbm
- (2019-11-14, v:2.2.0) Stephanie Steenbuck: Slack page isn't a channel or DM issue
Hi wondering when this issue will be resolved!
- (2019-11-14, v:2.2.0) Alex Chis: your app does not work
read the latest comments
- (2019-10-07, v:2.2.0) Jordan Mallery: Slack Message Deleter
I'm trying to bulk delete slack messages from a direct channel and I'm seeing "this slack page isn't channel page either direct message page" and the tool will not remove any message. I'm looking to clean up a few direct channels and I haven't been successful. Also, is this tool able to delete all historical messages incoming and outgoing?
- (2019-09-25, v:2.2.0) SJ DS: does not work
anymore, see other recent comments
- (2019-09-20, v:2.2.0) Fred Afrifa: extension cant recognize page
I think in the past slack had yourteam.slack.com and now it redirect to app.slack.com/client/ in the web app. so we need an update that will help extention to recognize the new redirect update
- (2019-09-20, v:2.2.0) Shar Che: DOESNT RECOGNIZE A DIRECT MESSAGE
If this app won't recognize you are actually on a direct message it is worthless!
- (2019-09-04, v:2.2.0) Same as everyone else
It won't delete my messages!
- (2019-09-03, v:2.2.0) Alexa Voytek: problem deleting messages
Also experiencing "This Slack page is not a channel page or neither direct message page" issue. Please fix this.
- (2019-09-03, v:2.2.0) Aniruddha Sarkar: Will there be a fix to the current issue?
Please update if we can expect to see a fix in the near future.
- (2019-08-29, v:2.2.0) Amy Hastings: Not working
Getting a This Slack page is neither a Channel page or a direct message page.