Delete Slack messages in bulk - channels, private channels and direct messages supported
🚀 NEW UPDATED VERSION - MARCH 2020 🚀 ⭐️ Version 2.0 works with the new Slack interface. 🚀 Easily avoid the "10k limit reached" notifications ⭐️ Your team has more than 10,000 messages in its archive ⭐️ Your team has sent over X messages past the 10k limit ⭐️ Upgrade to access your first X messages ⭐️ To see and search this channel’s full history, upgrade to one of our paid plans 🚀 Notice ⭐️ Direct messages from the other person can't be deleted, nor in the original Slack interface ⭐️ Threaded messages aren't supported 🚀 Did you know that...? ⭐️ Team Owners and Admins can export message and file history from Slack? ⭐️ And with Compliance Exports enabled the exports include messages and files even from private channels and direct messages?! 🚀 Security and privacy ⭐️ No data are transmitted to anywhere, ever. Message deleter for Slack is client-side only. 🚀 Warranty/uncertainty of functionality ⭐️ Message deleter for Slack depends on functionalities of 3rd parties therefore there's no guarantee all features will work the same forever. Some features may be removed, some new ones added. At worst it's also possible all features will stop working. Completely free and with no ads Made with ♥ by Peta Sittek
- (2020-03-31) Carlos Ernesto Perez Capote: It worked great for me until the latest Slack update... it would be great to see it fixed... maybe I can help... thanks, great job!
- (2020-03-10) Malkesh Icecreamwala: Good but not batter than Old version
- (2020-03-05) Alex: Works as it should again with version 2.6.1! I do wish it was a little faster but hey, beggars can't be choosers :^) Keep up the awesome work Peta, thank you!
- (2020-03-02) Any update on when this will be working again?
- (2020-02-26) Karina H: It does not work. Very frustrating. Not sure why this is even advertised as an extension. It does nothing and the developer copies and pastes the same response to every review to "please be patient"
- (2020-02-10) I used it for a long time and it doesn't work anymore. We wait for an update
- (2020-02-10) Pawel: It indeed doesn't seem to work anymore. Hoping for an update soon as I need it a lot right now :)
- (2020-01-23) Sara Lucía Pérez García: Current version doesn't work, even when yesterday it worked perfectly.
- (2020-01-23) Andreas Lenski: Current version doesn't work any longer.
- (2020-01-22) Steven Hernandez: Liked it while it worked. Stopped working now. Just says it's running but messages stay. Using the new 2.0 version.
- (2020-01-19) Ferid Ali: Not working for me, ext running but messages are still there
- (2020-01-16) Mehdi Benzadi: Was working well but doesn't work anymore since a few days. But was very helpful !
- (2020-01-15) B M: Poor than older version. Never work.
- (2020-01-03) Andrew Katz: No clue if its working, it says it running, but messages are still there
- (2019-12-26) 이현웅: It doesn't work at all and older version as well.
- (2019-12-11) Jesse Owsley: This is extremely helpful - the earlier version was good - the current verison is even better. Thanks Peta!
- (2019-12-11) Alec Brownstein: After an initial hiccup, works as advertised!
- (2019-12-08) Brett Macdonald: This doesn't seem to work anymore.
- (2019-12-03) Storm Hughes: Worked really well for me.
- (2019-11-27) Umut Ali Alaraş: I can only delete my own message. He wants money for all of them. not worth it. !
- (2020-03-30, v:2.6.1) Peta Sittek: DEVELOPER NOTE
As of March 18, 2020 Slack is rolling out a new user interface (https://slackhq.com/simpler-more-organized-slack). I've just submitted version 2.7.4 with support for the new UI. It may take a few days before it's published in Chrome Web Store, stay tuned!
- (2020-03-25, v:2.6.1) Jimmy Pinnock: Admin Version Not Functioning
The admin version indicates it's deleting messages, but nothing is actually being deleted. I have reset my profile and deleted other extension and refreshed the slack login. Please advise.
- (2020-03-09, v:2.6.1) John Frian: Not deleting direct messages?
I followed the instructions by opening a direct message view, then clicking the Delete MY messages button. It blinks but no messages seem to be deleted. What do?
- (2020-03-05, v:2.6.1) Peta Sittek: DEVELOPER NOTE
Please update to the newest version 2.6.1 which is working with the latest Slack web app.
- (2020-03-02, v:2.4.1) Not working
Any update on when this will be working again?
- (2020-02-17, v:2.4.1) David Alexis Rivera: Not working
Will you update the app?
- (2020-01-23, v:2.4.1) Peta Sittek: DEVELOPER NOTE
Slack is gradually upgrading to a new version therefore some users might be unable to delete messages. I'm working on a fix (estimated time of the extension update is 2020-01-31), please be patient.
- (2020-01-23, v:2.4.1) Matthew Kellom: Not deleting
Doesn't seem to work. Just says "Deleting messages..." but then doesn't actually do any deleting. Old 1.0 version doesn't work either.
- (2020-01-03, v:2.4.0) Andrew Katz: it doesnt work
it doesnt work, just runs
- (2019-12-23, v:2.4.0) Charles Lefort: How To Question
Hi There, Before running the extension I wanted to know if when I click on "delete my messages" It will only remove the messages on the channel/direct message I'm on or across all the channels/direct messages I ever wrote on?
- (2019-12-02, v:2.4.0) Hans Wolfgang Schulze: Speed
I have 4.1.2 client and corporate Chrome. It takes about 1 second per line to delete each message. Is that because of the back end? Or is there any way to go slightly faster? Thanks for the software!