Google event widget for Awesome New Tab Page [ANTP]
This widget displays a list of upcoming Google Calendar Events. Features: - It utilizes a 1x2 Grid for optimized list viewing. - The ability to set the number of days to load via settings. - Loads from cache for instant viewing - Clean style and theme For Update information, open the "Updates" tab within the widgets options page This is a widget for the Chrome extension "Awesome New Tab Page" (ANTP). Check out my website: www.greg.shaykos.com Without ANTP, this extension does nothing. If you'd like to use this widget, you must also install it, which you can find here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mgmiemnjjchgkmgbeljfocdjjnpjnmcg
- (2016-04-19) Sherry Fidgeon: does not work
- (2016-01-20) Jeannie Newbury: Nice Concept... if you could get it to work
- (2015-09-27) Erwin Hun: Doesn't work, needs update.
- (2015-01-31) Bruce Cox: This would be so cool ... if it worked. Hasn't been an update since 2013, but many complaints that it no longer fetches events from Google calendar. Has the author give up? I'll just delete it until I hear otherwise.
- (2013-10-15) Chris Rust: Very useful to have a scrolling agenda on my home page and there's just enough control of the formatting. I particularly like the transparent background option.
- (2013-09-17) Telmo Almeida: Don't work, empty box, only the icon to config and sync. :(
- (2013-07-31) Philip Kappen: I love this app. It gives me exactly what I need, a fully-customized list on my homepage of the events on my calendar.
- (2013-06-14) blank boxes.. its broken
- (2013-04-17) Robert Buchanan: Back to being the most useful widget I have on ANTP now that it's updated. Thanks very much Gregor! PS In case anyone else had the problem of not being able to find "Google Events (ANTP)" in their "Widgets" on the left hand sidebar. Search for "Google Events" in "chrome web store" in "extensions" and uninstall it, then reinstall to get the new version. UPDATE! Shows the border but nothing else. I had updated chrome and am on Bodhi Linux
- (2013-04-13) Mike Alvela: I'd love to take it for a test spin but after allowing the permissions on original install I haven't gotten anything on the widget but blank space. I'm sure there's a workaround- Please answer dev... mister Gregor =] Thanks in advance... 2 stars for now.
- (2013-03-07) It shows up blank when I add the widget to ANTP.
- (2013-02-13) Ron Coit: Would be great if it worked, but it seems to do nothing
- (2013-02-09) hanis zain: awesome!!!!
- (2013-01-20) Lizzie Kirschberg: It won't show up.. :/ Really disappointed
- (2012-12-05) Patrick Pulfer: It does not work for me.
- (2012-10-18) Erik Lopez: I couldn't make it work :S
- (2012-10-15) dor marcus: doesn't work!
- (2012-10-09) Filip Downar: Doesnt load the calendar even though it got permissions
- (2012-09-03) Arno Galliker: Downloaded but not listed in the widgets screen.
- (2012-08-09) Amruta Mohapatra: It was ok for a few days, but from the last couple of days the widget is not showing up anything - comes up with a blank black content. I'm using Chrome Version 21.0.1180.57 on Ubuntu 12.04. Any fix/resolution? I liked this widget when it was working.
- (2012-07-07) Jacob Kemme: One of the best ANTP widgets.
- (2012-07-05) Thomas Faltermeier: 24 hour time format would be really nice!
- (2012-06-22) I'd give it 6 stars if it had the option to change the colours. Any chance of that in the future, please? Thanks so much, and great great widget.
- (2016-01-20, v:2.4.0) Jeannie Newbury: No Events
There are no events. I know I have made events???
- (2015-09-28, v:2.4.0) Ilia Roisman: Doesn't work
No events, only dates are shown
- (2015-02-07, v:2.4.0) Samantha Hollo: Would be nice if it still worked
I've seen several people complain about the same issues. The update arrows just keep cycling and nothing shows up, just dates, no events. Are you going to fix the widget or have you given up on it?
- (2015-01-31, v:2.4.0) Bruce Cox: Still supported?
Have you given up on Google Events for ANTP? Several folks have reported problems that you haven't responded to. If you intend to fix it, I'll hang on to it. If not, please let us know so we can get something else that does work. Thanks! All the best!
- (2015-01-07, v:2.4.0) chrismari coertzen: events not showing
hi there my google events widget on the Amazing new tab extension - is only showing dates - but no events? Please can you help.
- (2014-12-03, v:2.4.0) Daniel Graves: Little green recycle arrow just spinning
I can't get this to update. It appears with my most recent update to chrome it has stopped syncing calendar data. The little green refresh arrow just spins, spins, and spins some more.
- (2012-12-05, v:2.0.1) Patrick Pulfer: Does not work
It stays on "Fetching Events..." and does not update.
- (2012-10-07, v:2.0.1) Alex Markwick: does not work.
"Can't retrieve calendar info. Please Sign in to Google Calendar and try again." pressing the link does not work, as i am already signed into my google account. removing and readding also does not work.
- (2012-09-29, v:2.0.1) Ben Plumley: Stuck on "Fetching Events"
None of my events appear, the yellow "Fetching Events" bar stays at the top of my calendar. I have tried deleting and re-adding to ANTP, disabling and re-enabling on my extensions page, and uninstalling and reinstalling from chrome. I can see the header of the app, the Fetching Events bar, and the scroll bar. The rest of the app shows through to my ANTP background.
- (2012-09-18, v:2.0.1) Sheri Stritof: Not appearing
I've made sure it is enabled in extensions but I still get this message This webpage is not available The webpage at chrome-extension://invalid/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. Error 2 (net::ERR_FAILED): Unknown error.