Opens new tabs at the end, and snaps back to view the opener tab under certain conditions
Changes tab ordering in a manner similar to pre-2010 Firefox. The video explains it best, but by default, this extension does the following: - When a new tab is opened, it is sent to the end on the far-right - If that tab was opened with a left-click, such that it is automatically switched to, closing it will switch back to the tab from which is was opened (as long as no other tab had been switched to in the meantime) What that means in practical terms is this: 1. if I have an RSS reader open, left-clicking to read a story immediately will show me an open a tab on the end of the list. Closing that story it will take me back to my RSS reader. 2. If I queue up a bunch of stories to read by middle-clicking several links, they will all open on the end of the tab list. When I go to read them by clicking on the first tab I opened, closing it will show me the next story. I recognize how incredibly small the audience is for this exact setup, but there you have it. Attributions I used to just locally comment out some code in Brad Dwyer's Modified Tab Ordering extension from https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/lhlppppejjiiinhklmlpfkafimagbcbe - but Chrome now considers changes to be security issues. Since Brad's extension uses a deprecated version of the Chrome extension API, I based my version off of itworks' New Tabs At End from https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/new-tabs-at-end/bgogjfbkjgjhonhikkkflpkgpcpfljoa Double Arrow glyph made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com licensed under CC BY 3.0
- (2021-05-19) Mojtaba Vahdati: Works fine and simply good, however I suggest adding an optional settings as well, so that when a link is clicked inside a tab to another web page, again the tab is moved to the far right side of all tabs. This helps the person keep the chronological order of the opened pages. But notice some delicate issues if you want to implement it, such as single page applications and also URI fragments that do not have to change the tab's order. Thank you very much for this extension.
- (2020-03-23) Scott Godin: Does exactly what it says. I have no idea why this isn't the default behaviour let alone why there's no built-in way to choose this. I wish I had known this existed ages ago.
- (2019-12-09) Allyn Hill: Finally I am no longer a barbarian opening tabs in the middle of the list! Thank you!
- (2019-12-02) Aminadav Glickshtein: Exactly what I looked for
- (2019-01-29) Or Schiro: Still working great, cheers!
- (2018-10-03) Huey McEvoy: Does exactly what it says on the tin, etc. What would make it 5 stars for me would be the option to _override_ the opening at the end, e.g. there are occasions when I need tabs to open next to the current tab rather than at the end - a shortcut (e.g. Alt-Click) that overrides send it to the end would make me a 5-star happy bunny.
- (2018-06-15) D. Ryan Mullenix: Does exactly what it says. Works in 2018. Had issues finding other extensions without frequent issues or weird permission requirements, but this had none of the latter and so far none of the former. Love it. I agree with the last review regarding a unique scenario of opening a tab in between other tabs. But that said, it's not a giant hassle without the feature in the slightest. Just open the new tab at far right, then move it to the desired position. Another problem I noticed is that when restoring the last closed tab, it will be restored to the far right position. Would it be onerous to add an option to ignore moving the tab to the right if the new tab is made under either of these circumstances? Either way, still <3s all around. Thanks so much for this.
- (2018-06-09) gene sound: Does exactly what it should and exactly what I was looking for, THANKS!
- (2018-05-25) Patkós Csaba: I was looking for this since I switched to Chrome a couple of weeks ago. Many other browser still behave like this by default, or they have an option to set them to behave this way (ie. Opera). I really love the extension so far.
- (2018-04-18) Ruben Grootveld: It didn't work at all = Uninstalling :/
- (2018-01-19) red9350: One thing is missing: if the tab has been opened by *Reopen previous tab* (Ctrl-shift-T) it should open where it was before, as of now it opens in the far right like a new tab
- (2017-03-20) Meg: It's good, simple, and doesn't seem to be loaded with adware. It's possibly too simple, there should definitely be an exception for click and dragging urls to a specific place on the tab bar. If I drag something to a specific place, I want it to open there. The only reason I want tabs to open at the end of the bar is from middle clicking links.
- (2017-01-14) Lasdernas: I wish i knew this existed long time ago. This works pretty much the same as the old opera (9-12) tab handling, which i missed in the newer browsers. Reading the description didn't exactly make me understand the whole point of it, but apparently this is _exactly_ what i wanted.
- (2015-12-02) Phil Brosgol: Wow. Perfect little extension. Unlike "New Tabs at End" it doesn't require a bunch of shady permissions. Good work!
- (2015-11-10) Esana Anderson: didn't request access to my info! I love it! And IT WORKS!
- (2015-10-02) Shu Nie: this order abc --> a123bc is great order than "Tab Position Options"
- (2015-06-01) Toby Ceselski: Does exactly what it states and requires no permission requirements like found on a similar extension.
- (2015-03-25) Brett Mckee: Works just as described and just like I wanted it to! Unusual this day and age.
- (2019-12-27, v:1.0.13) Timothy VanderWall: Sometimes do it the normal way
It would be nice to have a key combination that would open the tab in the normal place. That way one could choose whether to shift the tab to the end or not.
- (2019-01-11, v:1.0.13) recently closed tabs
Works perfectly except one niggling problem: it affects restoring recently closed tabs with ctrl-shift-T. Without the extension tabs are restored at their original positions, with the extension they are restored at the end. Is it possible to make this extension work only for new tabs?
- (2018-06-27, v:1.0.13) URL Order Grouping
the ability to have all the tabs front the same root URL ordered together in the lineup of open tabs would be a much appreciated feature.
- (2018-03-28, v:1.0.13) Daniel Sánchez Vargas: Jumping to the right when closing a tab
Hello, at the moment when I close a tab it only goes to the one on the right if they are from the same domain/website. It would be great if there was an option to make it always go right when closing a tab. Thanks
- (2017-02-06, v:1.0.13) eqagunn: Reopening recently closed tab
Using this extension, reopening recently closed tab (Ctrl+Shift+T) will now also result in it being opened at the end. I would like it to open at the place it used to be when it was closed, which is the default behavior. If you could add a switch for this in extension options, that would be awesome. Cheers!