Easily see Profitability of any project in Harvest. Track project performance in Harvest against custom Profitability Goals.
We love and use Harvest ourselves for time tracking. However, Harvest Time Tracker is missing one very important financial KPI when showing project performance - Profitability of projects. This extension adds Profit margin and Profitability metrics to your Harvest projects. This way you can ensure you get the full insight into your projects’ financial performance and make informed decisions in a timely manner. No additional sign-ups or sign-ins required - just download the extension and enjoy richer financial analytics for your Harvest projects! This extension needs you to be a Harvest user with Admin rights. GET 360-DEGREE VIEW OF YOUR PROJECT’S FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE If you are a project-based, professional services business, having visibility of profitability of your projects is essential. Harvest already does a good job, showing you where you stand in terms of Budget and Internal Costs to date. What it’s missing to build a full picture of how successful your project is from financial standpoint is Profitability. This extension does exactly that - elegantly adding the missing metrics to your Harvest project detail screen. USE CUSTOM PROFITABILITY GOALS Every business is different. Your profitability goals may be different as well. With this extension, you can choose your desired Profitability goal. This allows us to highlight if certain projects are under performing. Clear colour-coding of Profitability metric allows you to quickly identify projects that need more attention. ——————————————— WHO’S BEHIND THIS? This extension is developed by Price&Cost, a separate company with no affiliation to Harvest. This extension is just a preview of our capabilities. To give even more super-powers to your Harvest data, add Price&Cost to your Harvest process. Then you can compare planned resources versus actuals, create accurate estimates and forecast projects with a profit-first mindset. Check it out at https://harvest.priceandcost.com WHAT IS PRICE&COST AND HOW DOES IT WORK? Price&Cost creates accurate estimates and syncs with your Harvest timesheets and expenses to show how profitable your projects can be — without spreadsheets. Import projects, resources, and settings from Harvest and build your estimates with Price&Cost to see your financial breakdown. ||||| Build estimates that start and stay profitable ||||| All your resources and rates live in Price&Cost. Create accurate estimates in minutes and sync them back to Harvest for time tracking. ||||| See which projects make or lose money ||||| Automatically sync timesheets and expenses from Harvest to track your projects' financials. Using Forecast? Import your resource plans to Price&Cost and optimize your estimates for higher profits. ||||| Test “what-if” scenarios vs profit goals ||||| Projects can deviate from original estimates. Price&Cost embraces this by letting you test different forecasts for the remainder of your projects and understand how each change impacts your financials before you make a decision. ||||| Report profitability at every level ||||| Break down your performance by project, client, team and even specific resources. Analyze your results with 35+ out-of-the-box reports. Book a Demo today at https://harvest.priceandcost.com WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU If you have any questions about Price&Cost, or just want to tell us what's on your mind, here's how you can contact us: Email us at [email protected] Blog blog.priceandcost.com Twitter @priceandcost
- (2022-11-04) Keven Gaudreau: It's not useful information, because it takes cost to date but the whole budget for the revenue. It should take billable amount to compare to actual costs.
- (2020-11-27) Nikhil M: Received an annoying audio ad on the browser every single time the extension loaded. Nope!
- (2019-03-27) Jacques Letesson: Excellent extension to add 'profitability' metrics to Harvest. Thank you Price and Cost.
- (2018-11-07) Adrian Oggenfuss: very useful, thanks!
- (2018-11-05) Jefim B: Very useful extension.
- (2018-11-05) Karl Koost: So Simple but So Powerful insight. Completely changes how I am able to manage my Projects. Before I was mainly tracking my Hours/ total Budget but this also allows me to use my Profitability as a guiding KPI. Definitely something Harvest should have done years ago!
- (2018-11-05) Andrei Bernovski: Finally! Someone got to adding Profitability to Harvest. Long overdue. Seamless extension, works perfectly.
- (2021-11-14, v:1.0) Lola Philippart: Is the extension still working?
For a few months, I can't see the profitability rate in Harvest. Does the extension still working?
- (2021-09-06, v:1.0) Bruno Muszynski: N/A extension not working
Hi there, the extension is no longer working for few months now. Are you guys planning on fixing it? Thanks for our help
- (2021-06-08, v:1.0) Jodi Gaylard: N/A Please check you have Admin rights in Harvest
Hi, we are using the extension for Harvest and can no longer see our profitability. We see N/A Please check you have Admin rights in Harvest We both have admin rights Can you advise how we fix? Thanks Jodi
- (2020-05-12, v:1.0) Jon Geldert: Does the Harvest Profitability Extension Support Projects with an Hours-Based Budget?
It seems like this only works for Fees-based budgets (Fees Per Task or Total Project Fees), not Hours-based budgets (Total Project Hours, Hours Per Task, or Hours Per Person). Is this analysis correct?
- (2019-02-21, v:1.0) Jon Brown: Seems to be the cause of a harvest promo video playing in the background on project pages
This is as weird as it sounds. With this extension active and only this extension active, when I go to a project page like https://name.harvestapp.com/projects/197##### I get the audio from a Harvest promo video from youtube playing in the background. https://cloudup.com/crfcU-djUrW If I disable this extension, it goes away, re-enable it comes back. Again, this is the only extension active. Console error goes away when it's deactivated too.