Adds the power of markdown and syntax highlighting in 23 languages to Asana's task description editor.
Asana Markdown and Syntax Highlighting adds the power of markdown and syntax highlighting in 23 languages to Asana's task description editor. The extension will detect when you use signature markdown syntax for headers, bold, italics, and lists in the task description editor field, and will transform the description into rich Github-Flavored-Markdown (GFM). The extension support most GFM features, including tables and inline images. Likewise, for syntax highlighting, code language is detected automatically thanks to the highlightJS project. While this extension is very powerful and will add measurable value to their Asana use cases, there are a few limitations. It will only work in Google chrome, and will only render markdown for users who have installed the extension. The extension will also leave plain-markdown on Asana's mobile devices. Luckily, a key strength of markdown is its readability even when not rendered!
- (2020-08-06) Eric N: Does not work as of today unfortunately
- (2019-03-05) How do you even turn it on after installing? Makes it seem like you install it then bam it just starts rendering markdown, but it is not that simple it seems...Absolutely no idea how to use this extension.
- (2018-03-27) John Schutz: Extremely helpful when using Asana. No way to consistently get formatting when pasting documents and snippets into Asana, while this allows you to edit your files with Markdown and then just paste into Asana. Works great wherever I've tried it, only downside is other collaborators need the extension to view the Markdown as you intended.
- (2019-10-17, v:1.0.2) Sara Montecino: Code Formatting Language Support
Would love to see gherkin support. Or if this plugin could be built to support external code, then user's could add their own language support.
- (2019-08-01, v:1.0.2) Aron Duby: Comments Too Please
Love this plugin, instantly had my entire team installing in. Just wish it did comments as well. We end up with a lot of back and forth about code in the comments, more so than the description really, so having it there would be super helpful.
- (2019-02-21, v:1.0.2) Read Your Browsing History
Hello, Why does this extension need to access my browsing history? I would love to use this but that permission weirds me out as a person who values my privacy. Thanks for your time.
- (2018-11-07, v:1.0.2) not working
it's not working for me using chrome Version 70.0.3538.77 (64bit)
- (2018-10-18, v:1.0.2) Backticks do not trigger showing markdown
If you have a description like this: Something something `hello world` it doesn't show it as markdown
- (2018-04-01, v:1.0.1) Parent task markdown is displayed on subtask
Hi, This is a great tool, thx! I have noticed one issue when opening a subtask if the parent task description has markdown and the subtask has an empty description then the parent task description markdown is displayed for the subtask description. Clicking in the description stops the display of the parent description markdown. This is quite confusing when moving around between subtasks. regards