Custom Colour for Weekends in Google Calendar
This extension lets you choose two custom colours and two custom days, and those days will be coloured with those background colours, finally highlighting your weekend in the Day, Week, Month and Custom views of the NEW version of Google Calendar web pages (2018 and further)! At first install you will be automatically redirected to options page, where you will have to choose your Google Calendar's page language, the two weekend days and the two colours. NOTE: sometimes while working it could stop highlighting the weekend columns; in that case, try to click on an empty space on the calendar or press F5 (refresh page) and the weekend columns will be correctly light up again! Changelog at: https://theblackbird.altervista.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/GCWH_Changelog.txt
- (2021-04-26) Dottie Bowles: I've only started using this extension and I just love it! It works seamlessly and is very useful! I would love to be able to choose a color for any of the days, or each day, like if you could have each day of the week have a color selector. For my case specifically; I would want the weekends and Wednesday to all have the ability to change color. Although I'm sure others would also love to be able to set any color to any day. -- Such a useful extension! :)
- (2020-11-03) Lucia Di Noi: Perfetta! Proprio quello che cercavo!
- (2020-10-14) Aleksey Sereda: Thanks a lot. It's cool
- (2019-10-18) Stefania Nucifora: Perfect! Thank you for this extension!
- (2019-09-06) Guy Marais: This is pretty convenient, but it could be very much improved by being able to see Sat/Sun in a customised view. I use the calendar showing the next 7 days, and I'd find it extremely useful if the weekends could also show. In this case, I'd definitely give it a 5-star rating. Think about it for the next update. Thanks! Edit: It works now: 5-star! Excellent job!
- (2019-09-05) Yaab: Used to work fine. Starting from new update (Sep 2019) week and month views are handled ok, while customized view (2 weeks in my case) don't show weekend colors.
- (2019-07-23) Robert Andrews: This is great, very useful. Has even got me thinking about a few enhancements... - Colour-picker. - How about colour-coding other days? In fact, how about colour-blocking particular time windows *within* days? - eg. 9am-5pm is a work zone and, therefore, red.
- (2019-01-14) Stephanie H.: Really need the extension to allow us to identify weekend days. My week starts on Sunday out of preference, which makes the "weekend" colors appear on Friday and Saturday in error. While this might be applicable to users in Israel, for example, where Friday is not a workday, having the ability to indicate which dates are our personal weekend would be very useful. Would also be applicable to people who work non-traditional schedules and have their days off mid-week.
- (2019-01-03) Gabriel Bessa: I have my week starting with Sunday. The extension colors Friday and Saturday instead of Sat/Sun.
- (2018-12-11) 살랑살랑: 윈10 크롬에서 먹통 ㅠ
- (2018-11-09) Rob Ranney: I like the hidden daily hours feature and coloring the weekends in Week and Month views. Bug Report: When switching from Month View to Week View, the weekend color doesn't populate until you click on the calendar somewhere. (the extension needs an interaction input to activate the weekend color in this instance)
- (2018-11-02) Filip Fauconnier: not working
- (2018-04-25) Glenn F: Bug report: I have my week starting with Sunday. The extension colors Friday and Saturday instead of Sat/Sun.
- (2018-03-08) Luke Tickner: Works with the new calendar. Thanks! (how is this still not a feature of standart gc??)
- (2021-10-28, v:1.7.2) Diego Mariano Galli: Is this extension still working?
It's not working for me. I see all days in the same color.
- (2019-10-09, v:1.7.2) Guy Marais: Suggestion for the Google Calendar Weekend Highlighter
Hello there, Nice extension indeed, thanks a lot! However, would it be possible to add a feature that allows us to colour the days individually? On my paper planner, I have colour-coded holidays in my country and holidays in other countries (I work internationally). Is it at all possible to add it to your extension?