Help nonresident alien fill in the 1099-B stock transactions by importing transactions from local CSV file
* Automatically validate and fill in 1099 transaction details with imported transaction details (csv) * CSV should follow the headers 'name,acquired,sold,proceeds,cost' * If you get Consolidated Form 1099 PDF from Robinhood, you may export it to CSV using https://jiahaoshan.github.io/Robinhood-1099-B-Transactions-Export-Tool * Tips: ** You may use Excel or Numbers to edit and then select to export as CSV format ** You may use online OCR software to help you convert non-selectable 1099 PDF to Excel (http://www.onlineocr.net/) ** Format for acquired date or sold date: MM/DD/YYYY * CSV format example (see screenshot) ** NEW: Improved the extension performance under different platforms * Disclaimer: This is NOT an official app from Glacier Tax
- (2020-02-24) Vasily Rusanov: Worked for me in February 2020 (filing taxes for 2019). Just make sure to format your csv properly and it will work.
- (2020-02-13) subash sunku: Outdated
- (2019-04-16) Dhruv Khurana: This extension is a real lifesaver. I actually wouldn't mind paying $5 for it. Also, it still works in 2019, just make sure as the other review said, no extra commas anywhere, and no trailing or leading spaces.
- (2018-04-15) Saining Xie: Life saving.
- (2018-04-11) Qin Yuwei: This extension is indeed wonderful! It helps me save a huge amount of time! I just want to let future users informed of some minor details when preparing the .csv file: 1. make sure there is no comma after the thousand digit, i.e., 1000 instead of 1,000; 2. make sure there is no space after the company name, i.e., "GOOGLE INC" instead of "GOOGLE INC ". Thank you for developing this!
- (2017-03-23) Uttara Ananthakrishnan: If you have 1099-B form and if you are a F1 student who has to fill 1040 NR, you know how horrible it is to fill each column of Glacier Tax Prep about the details of the shares you bought. This awesome extension saved me SO much time and it quickly populated the rows for me on Glacier. Tip: It is better to copy paste the example that comes in the glacier page after you install the extension and just replace the green part with your own data. If you save it as csv and open it in excel, I suppose the headers get messed up in the number of columns field and the extension will not work. The developer is *super* responsive and you can find him https://github.com/JiahaoShan/Glacier-tax-1099-B-Stock-Transactions-Helper I raised an issue and he immediately resolved it.
- (2020-03-25, v:0.2.3) Keith Cheah: Does not work if I have more than one 1099-B form to fill in
An amazing extension that makes it so easy to fill in my 1099-B form on GTP! I've faced an issue though; I'm unable to use the extension for my 2nd and 3rd 1099-B forms. The extension seems to only read the 1st 1099-B form, and populates the transactions for the 1st form. Is there any way to correct this? Thanks!
- (2019-03-19, v:0.2.3) Dongwon Kim: The extension does not pop up at Glacier
Hi, I really appreciate your effort and sharing this extension. Unfortunately, I found that the extension does not pop up and work at the glacier tax prep website, unlike the images shown at the chrome web store. I am wondering what would be the reason for this.
- (2019-01-25, v:0.2.3) function
click the add to chrome button..,.,......then add extension to continue. poor navigation
- (2018-04-07, v:0.2.3) Tao Jia: Starter question
Hi, I have installed this extension but do not know how to start. How can I get the interface where I can upload my CSV? Sincerely, Tao