Make calls and open Google Voice with a click.
Extension Features: - Lets you initiate calls by just typing any number or contact name. - Makes phone numbers on websites callable via Google Voice by just clicking on them. - If a phone number doesn't turn into a link on any website (ex: Google Calendar), you can select the text with your mouse and the click to call popup will automatically display (note: might not work with all numbers). Info: - If you don't like the extension turning numbers into click to call links then you can turn it off in the extension options. Known issues: - Incompatible with the Skype extension. If the Skype extension is installed then the Voice extension will not turn numbers into call links. - Sometimes your forwarding phone list will be empty. If this happens make sure you are logged in to http://voice.google.com and then wait ~30 minutes. The problem should fix itself automatically within 30 minutes and work from then on. Warning explained: When installing the extension it says "This extension will have access to all browsing history and private data on all websites" This is the default warning for any extension that needs content script access to all websites. This access is needed for detecting phone
- (2020-07-31) Basil Shou: Used to be OK. Now pointless.
- (2020-07-30) Coot Master: is something not working, UPDATE WORKING AGAIN the click url to call fixed
- (2020-07-29) Lee Grupsmith-Pedersen: It's bee good for me--I use Google Voice as my main means of making and receiving calls. HOWEVER, for the longest time the extension has been greyed out and does not indicate when a call or message has come in. In addition, the "ding" sound that used to indicate a message no longer occurs. I have tried to address this by resetting the extension or uninstalling/reinstalling but nothing seems to change. Please advise.
- (2020-07-28) M B: Worthless without the tel:URL protocol. Everything with Google is 80% complete.
- (2020-07-28) Atticus Killough: I used to love this extension, but the Clickable Numbers option "Turn phone numbers on websites into click to call links".no longer lets me select my primary phone in a popup and initiate a call. This used to work up until about 9 or 10 days ago. Now I have to copy the number and paste it in to the Voice page in the area that says "Enter a name or number" next to the telephone icon towards the top right of the screen. Can you guys please get the one-click function working again? Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, have the latest version of Chrome etc
- (2020-07-26) Jeremy Barnes: It used to be a decent app, but they up and removed a bunch of functionality. It doesn't handle text messages anymore so it's kind of pointless now.
- (2020-07-24) Jim Packer: Using the extension, when inputting a phone number to call, then clicking "connect", all it does is open the voice.google.com web page and you have to input the number all over again. DUMB
- (2020-07-21) Bruce Barker: Doesn't work any more. Google has continued to remove features from this extension and now it doesn't work at all. When you choose to dial a number it just opens the Google Voice web page, but doesn't show the number or dial it. I wish somebody at Google cared even a little bit.
- (2020-07-21) William Wegener: I am on a Google Chrome Acer tablet, with google voice on my cell, but Google does NOT make an outright APP to download to their own tablets or other tablets, and it does NOT fully function if it is not on a cell with active phone service. Seriously ridiculous... And, it can useful for text, so why have hangouts????? I have Never used hangouts except to be solicited to it from social apps for sex and money by females.
- (2020-07-21) Fernando Gonzalez: Really liked it and worked well. Liked the fact that I could receive texts, read them and reply from the extension but now you CAN'T! You can only put in a number to make a call. USELESS!
- (2020-07-17) Philip Matthew: If you have a GSuite account: this extension does not work fully if you use Google Admin to force install the extension. Please update! :)
- (2020-07-16) Boris Joffe: The latest updates have effectively made it useless
- (2020-07-13) Leon McKisic: Was great and very useful but not it seems to be almost completely useless since almost all good features have been removed. Google, Will this extension be updated and usability restored or should irt be considered trash since it only forwards you to the website...i can make a shortcut myself.? and if so, do you have any idea when?
- (2020-07-13) Derek Tomsa: I used to LOVE this extension. Then its usefulness slowly began eroding to uselessness. I use this extension 100% for texting. How convenient it was to be able to send and receive without touching my phone. The changes began when I noticed I could receive a text, but in order to reply, I would need to use the webpage. For some reason, the option to reply via the extension went away. Now, there is no option to receive texts. Why?
- (2020-07-11) Brad Harris: the extension button used to indicate when a new message came in, and not it just shows a '?' which looks like an error. All the most useful features cease to work. It has all the signs of a google abandonment, but I have heard they're starting to give it more attention. We will see. It's a free service so can't complain too much.
- (2020-07-05) Jim Underscore: I once loved this Extension, and it was once very convenient, (click on the icon and see and reply to SMS for example) - Now it only has the option to type in a phone number and click call (changeable to be just a link to the GV URL, and can auto-detect phone #'s on pages making them clickable to call from GV). - Some things are still easier (and some less popular features can only be found) on the GV URL instead of hangouts, while newer features like video calls are hangouts+newer only, your best replacement for what this app once did is the Google Hangouts Extension. P.S. I forget the name but both "Google Voice" and "Hangouts" are technically depreciated/replaced, and are part of a new Google system with a new name..
- (2020-07-04) S Tan: No longer works well
- (2020-06-27) Eddy: I love me some Google Voice, and I use it for a few different reasons, personally and professionally.
- (2020-06-24) Mike G: It's completely useless now. It doesn't even say the number of new messages, which is the only reason I kept it around. Please update it!
- (2020-06-24) Mr.michael_ Luis: horrible since they removed all the functionality this app once possessed which made it so handy and useful, shame on google for removing a feature so many protested to keep!
- (2020-06-23) Ihor Bodnarchuk: It doesnt detect numbers on pages, even on google maps page when you click the phone number of the place it doesnt pick it up. Also, the Default Behavior settings goes straight to Google Voice website even though I had set to Open call popup
- (2020-04-15) anna stanton: I love this extension!! Can you please add a notification release button? I can't get the notifications off and its starting to annoy me...
- (2020-04-11) Salil Phadnis: Does the job, still getting updates. I like being able to click a phone number on a website and just call it from my laptop. 1 star off just because the extension looks like it's from the early 2000s.
- (2020-04-10) Julian Rojas: You cannot send messages from the extension. The website is laggy so this extension would be helpful if it worked like before
- (2020-04-09) Thom Douglas: Not great. Added to Chrome because I didn't want to keep the GV page open constantly to accept phone calls on my desktop. Turns out that isn't one of its functions, so I just removed it and will keep the tab open in Chrome. Already gobbles enough RAM up, can't wait to have to leave yet another tab open.... GV? Awesome, very helpful during these current work-from-home COVID-19 times. The GV extension, however, appears basically pointless... Won't be leaving it installed on Chrome.