Add event to google calendar
Create Google Calendar event from the selected text (based on Smart Calendar Event Maker). This extension will intelligently extract the date, time and location information from the selected text and create a Google Calendar event for you. Features: - Recognize the US/Canadian/UK address. - Recognize the date and time (such as Oct 2, noon, tomorrow or 8:30pm). - Offer common venues (such as Husky Stadium, Seattle Art Museum) as location choices. - Convert common holidays (such as the Mother's Day, Black Friday, et al) to the actual date. - Extract email subjects as the event title (supporting Gmail, Yahoo Mail and Outlook). - Support time-zone. - Use Option to choose treating 06/04 as June 4 (default) or 6th April.
- (2021-01-27) Steve Rand: The only extension I could find that did the job! I tried the top 20 of its kind and they all skipped the date or time or couldn't deal with AEDST or non-american DD/MM/YY date formats. This extension added an ebay listing from title to end time perfectly into my calendar!
- (2020-03-16) Qiuchan Wang: Amazing, fast, and easy to use. After highlighting you can edit the event in the pop up (Thank you!)
- (2019-11-15) Kiara Grouwstra: does the job, pretty happy! would you mind listing the repo as the extension website? I found it at: https://github.com/taozeng/smart-calendar-event-maker
- (2019-10-08) Nik Ton Bookie: Sad it can't recognize french format date and time. please update it if possible, i will give five stars
- (2019-08-19) Mao Da: Finally an extension that actually works!
- (2018-12-20) Rita Girardi: Been looking for something like this for awhile. Does a very decent job of extracting text from a webpage and creating a Google calendar event from it.The best I've seen so far after trying a dozen other extensions that pretty much failed at that task. Still need to manually tweak things a bit, but very doable. Some more robust customization options would be nice, like being able to select a different default calendar, but otherwise a very handy tool! Thank you!
- (2018-11-04) Mark Scott: Life saving extension! Love the fact that it can add location to the event. Really convenient if you need to drive to the meeting place.
- (2021-01-27, v:1.2.4) Lance Holland: pinned tabs duplicated
hi, great extension. very useful but it seems to duplicate pinned tabs when used. E.g. if i highlight text and create event then any pinned tabs i have get duplicated and this happens every time i create an event.