Focuses cursor in first text input if none is focused.
Automatically focuses text input on websites allowing you to immediately write without using mouse. E.g. on Amazon.com cursor is focused on search text input.
- (2019-11-14) Chris Vydas: Works but what mobile users on hd screens need is the exact oppostie. For the screen to not wildly zoom way to much when selecting an input field or at the very least, return the page to the original zoom level when clicking off the field. This behavior has annoyed so many for the better part of 10 years. Ridiculous.
- (2018-12-09) Justin Atwell: Works really well. I would only suggest one addition, however. It'd be nice if we could whitelist sites that it needs to be active on, and not EVERY site. Some sites I visit actually change the layout of the page, or pop up a dropdown "suggestion list" that covers the contents of the page when you enter the text field. I only wanted it on two sites, and it's damaging my experience on every other site. Still worth it for the two sites, so I'll keep it on.
- (2018-04-14) Анна Михельсон: Don't work
- (2018-04-06) Loenne555: Such a tiny and at the same time extremely useful extension. This really should be a Chrome standard! I am a long time computer user, started in 1984 on a C64, and worked my way up to C128, Amiga 500, MS DOS and Windows. Since decades, I am used to handling my OS and my programs really quickly by using various keyboard shortcuts... because "back then" you had to, and nowadays, in varoius occasions it is still way faster than pointing and clicking. This extension spares you the otherwise obligatory click into the search field on various websites, so you can instantaneously start typing your search topic after opening a new tab. Extension Grade A+++
- (2018-02-05) Công dân toàn cầu: Would it have a manually activate key options?
- (2018-01-26) Useful for me.
- (2017-11-11) Marcin Mazur: przydałaby się opcja wyłączania rozszerzenia na konkretnych stronach
- (2017-11-05) Clayton Kingdon: This would be better if it moved the cursor to the end of the first field, rather than the beginning. This way, if the first field is empty you just start typing. If the field is populated -- i.e. if you are using the search field on google.com -- then you can just add to what you've already entered.
- (2017-08-08) Bill N: Love the extension. Is there an extension to remap when the tab key land on an input field? I want to change the tab order on input fields from 1, 2, 3 to 1, 3,2, etc.
- (2017-06-07) Wasabi J: Does exactly what it says and what I need it to do.
- (2016-02-13) Anh Le Hoang: Thanks you, really helpful.
- (2015-09-04) Leo: Works perfectly fine.
- (2014-07-12) It works. Thank you. But isn't 18.71KB heavy for this?
- (2014-06-02) james stickles: It doesn't seem to work.
- (2014-01-12) Nicholas Muller: This is going to be so very helpful to me, thank you so much.
- (2013-11-24) Doesn't work :/
- (2012-09-02) Bef Sztyg: Works great!
- (2020-01-16, v:0.1.2) Matt Read: Whitelist/Blacklist of websites
Hi there, I've used this plugin for a couple of years, but the one things it's always missed is the ability to disable it on certain web sites. I'm sad to uninstall this because it has been really useful, but I'm finding more and more websites these days bring up a new prompt/box when the input is focused on a box such as "Search". Thanks, Matt
- (2019-12-04, v:0.1.2) jocelyn morand: reset
hot to reset compagny
- (2019-11-19, v:0.1.2) Joshua Bay: Question about dynamic forms
I'm trying to focus the cursor on a form which only displays after you click a button. It displays on the same html page, the form dynamically appears. Will this focus the first field that pops up after I press the button? Or does the extension only run when you first load the page?
- (2018-11-04, v:0.1.2) Justin Atwell: Whitelist/Blacklist
I only need Input Focus on a handful of websites. Often, when it's activated on certain websites, it degrades the user experience. When certain input boxes have a cursor in them, it triggers a drop-down menu, or shifts the CSS on an entire page. I think a feature of whitelisting sites that I need it on, and every other site behaves normally, would be a great upgrade.
- (2018-11-01, v:0.1.2) No Options
Hello! I'm wondering if you can help me determine why i'm unable to select what field the cursor inputs into. I see no way to update the options, as the options button is greyed out. Any help would be great. Thank you!
- (2018-08-17, v:0.1.2) Lai Sandy: Does not work
Added "Input Cursor Focus" to my PC but it doesn't work, any advice? Thanks, Sandy
- (2016-04-09, v:0.1.2) Hihonya Hihonykin: не грузится
застывает в стадии проверки
- (2016-01-30, v:0.1.2) 雲雲: does not work
hi, thank you very much for making a such wonderful and useful extension. i have used this extension for quite a period of time. however, it seems that it does not work any more, no matter how many times i enable or unable or open chrome or close chrome. could you kindly let me know what i can do to make it right again?