A Beautiful, Highly Configurable Speed Reading Extension
Speedr is a beautifully designed speed reading extension that lets you read the web at amazing speeds! Speedr includes a wide array of options that change the way it looks and behaves so you can tailor Speedr to maximize your own productivity. BASIC USE - Select text - Activate Speedr (default: Alt + V) FEATURES - Clean and easy to use interface - Set a slight pause on punctuation, long words, ends of sentences, or ends of paragraphs - Display multiple words at a time - Estimated reading time and words remaining display - Day and night reading modes - Configurable key bindings - Serif and sans-serif font options - Minimap that gives you a quick overview of where you are in the text - Contextualizer that displays the sentence of the current word - Nearly all features are customizable and can be triggered on or off
- (2020-03-29) Helium Dale: everything worked except for the fact that I can't select text for some reason
- (2019-12-15) cyphertm: i would rate it five stars because it seems amazing, but for some reason, i can't get it to work even though it's compatible with my device. maybe i'm doing something wrong?
- (2019-01-12) Matthew Dooly: Very stylish and functional. Minimap is unique and very helpful to keep track of paragraphs. Only thing missing for me is the ability to read whole page (article) without the need to highlight it.
- (2018-06-07) Gildo Silva: Eu gostei, a extensão possui várias funções. Foi uma das melhores que encontrei.
- (2015-07-15) zachary mcvagh: i love it
- (2015-02-03) Michael Marotta: I've tried quite a few reading extensions and this one really gets it right. In particular it lets you view more than one word at a time AND it intelligently chunks the words so they are within a sentence, not the last and first words of a sentence which is often gibberish. Also, you can specify pauses after commas and periods and paragraphs etc which help a lot with reading comprehension. Most other similar extensions just blow straight through words without this dynamic adjustment making comprehension suck but this one is a lot better.
- (2014-05-25) Alejandro Retamal: cool app. Need to see more words before and next. Could be great can configurate to see more than 1 word at a time
- (2019-01-17, v:0.4.2) Matthew Dooly: ALT+V
On wikipedia that key combination opens editor, so reading wiki using Speedr might become challenging.
- (2019-01-12, v:0.4.2) Matthew Dooly: Transparency level.
Would be great if there was a possibility to blur out (make more opaque) background to be able to focus better on Speedr.
- (2018-09-06, v:0.4.2) Hugo Woodiwiss: Edge
Do you have any plans to port this to MS Edge?
- (2015-02-03, v:0.4.2) Michael Marotta: Dynamically slow down chunk for longer words
Hi, can you make it so that longer words/phrases are displayed for a longer time than short words/phrases? Your extension is amazing with the customizeable pauses but this dynamic adjustment would make it perfect. You can see at http://www.spreeder.com/app.php there is a setting under advanced settings for Speed Variability that slows down a bit for long words and speeds up for short and it works really well. Perhaps you can have a slider in settings to adjust how drastic a difference there is between long and short words. Thanks!