A beautiful speed reading extension
Want to improve your reading speed? 1- Select some text on the webpage 2- Click on the "R" icon And here you go, ready to rock =) --------------------------------- WHAT'S NEW Version 0.9.5 -Minor changes Version 0.9.4 - Added a new shortcut, Backspace, to go back to start. - Added some tips on the options page that may improve your reading experience. - Fixed an issue caused by the spacebar key. Version 0.9.3 - A link to the options page has been added - A loading animation has been added - Fixed a couple of bugs caused by the spacebar key Version 0.9.2 - Read fast should now work properly on every website (note that it doesn't work on pdf files) Version 0.9.1 - Possibility to set the delay before the reading starts (on the options page) - Performance improvement
- (2018-11-07) May Hideaki: Muito bom. Auxilia muito a leitura. Como melhoria, eu colocaria para ler tb pdf, pois o site quando tem frame de pdf, ou quando abre pdf no navegador, ele não reconhece nada.
- (2016-03-15) Santy Berrones: Belleza.. ayuda un montón, si se pudiera cambiar el color del panel donde se lee, ya que para mi el fondo oscuro hace que me canse rápido la vista.. pero genial
- (2015-12-15) Carlos Eugênio: Bom App. Poderia mover a caxia de leitura.
- (2015-05-27) Guohui Chen: 有趣，但不实用 It's interesting , but not so useful
- (2015-04-04) Ivan Ruiz: Mejor que todas la mas parecida a Spritzlet pero con alginas mejoras
- (2015-03-24) Botrax: Stupid an useless Extension...
- (2014-12-22) Jose Luis Apaza Condori: me gusto mucho
- (2014-07-22) Leandro Cavalcante: Outstanding
- (2014-07-17) Leandro Cavalcante: Muitíssimo interessante! Mudando o hábito de leitura.
- (2014-07-11) Adam J: I like this quite a bit. I've read some stuff in the past that implies that these programs aren't necessarily the effect at making you retain the information. In my experience using this (like twice mine you) I've started off reading each word really choppy, and i think that's what will cause the lack of retention, but that's just a guess. Once I got used to reading it with flow I fell in love with it. It also kind of forces you to read sections to entirety, which is great cause I have like no attention span. All in all, I think this is an awesome extension, assuming of course my brain is effectively retain all the info. This is a long comment so you should have probably speed read it.
- (2014-03-14) xau Tak: If it would have had a special control button for when i want to blink, then it would be The Perfect App :)
- (2014-03-09) I really love Diamond mode, however it would help a lot if the reader paused on punctuation (or at least there was a mode for it.) Without that it can be hard to comprehend informal text (like that found on web forums.)
- (2014-03-09) Claudius Kuo: This is awesome. However, I do hope that there will be shortcuts to control the wpm while reading. It will also be fantastic if i can drag the progress bar or click arrow keys to read words I've missed. Highlighting the middle of a word with a different color will help focusing. Something like Readline.
- (2014-03-06) Karl Makepeace: Pretty good. But please make it so the window is movable. I don't always like to look at the top-right side of the window - especially when using this on a large monitor. Thank you. Cheers.
- (2014-02-26) kristoffer nolgren: best speedreader i've found. A solid five if I could get a slightly off-white text-color and more importantly: no text-shadow
- (2013-10-31) steblg: Excellent extension. I use it as an exercise in my self taught speed reading course. From this point of view, in addition to already mentioned improvements, progress assessment and other things related to it can be added, producing in the end almost complete speed reading software. But in any case, two thumbs up - great extension.
- (2013-10-04) Dillon Sylvestre: This extension has been really useful when studying. Best speed reading extension I've used so far. I just wish there was a way to use it with text outside of the web browser
- (2013-08-26) Keziah Katz: Couldn't change font size. It took a while to load longer blocks of text
- (2013-08-24) Matt Dawson: Nicest of the speed reading extensions I've tried. The options to change the display speed and style are good. Will mostly be using this with Pocket to speed read uncluttered web pages. I'd also like to see a much simpler and more efficient way to speed read a page. Selecting text and clicking a toolbar icon is too slow and clunky. Would be great to see some native integration with Pocket and Feedly for more efficient initiation of speed reading. Note: I originally thought the plugin was broken. Restarted the browser and then it worked.
- (2013-08-01) Bruno Gonzalez: One of the most polished speed reading extensions. It could be improved by dedicating time to words proportionally to their size. E.g. "in the" should be shown on screen faster than "extremely interesting". And optionally it could pause for a bit in sentence breaks (.,; newlines etc)
- (2013-07-08) Talon: Excellent extension. The UI is pure eye candy, well done, Jordi. The ability to go up to 1000 wpm, is a complete bonus, and having up to 4 words per line is gravy. I only gave it 4 stars because it doesn't work on many news sites, or pdf files opened in the browser. Wouldn't work on CNN or NBC. Seemed to get hung up on something, stating there was only one word available, and would give a subject line with facebook in it. Sites that give a print preview can be read by Read fast, but that isn't a reliable solution. If this extension could figure out how to read the news, and pdf files I drop in chrome, it would be a five star extension!
- (2013-05-06) David Metcalfe: A very solid extension compared to others with similar functionality. The UI is much clearer and usable. There could be better explanations on the modes, rather than forcing the user to experiment. Window position is also unpleasant in the top right. It would function better to situate in the middle of the screen. Lastly, if autostart were to remain, adding a slight pause would be recommended. As it exists now, the start time and window appearance are too closely timed, resulting in missed words as one adjusts. Lastly, instructions on using the extension. Read Fast did not function properly on existing tabs/windows. I had to open a new window to verify it worked, and re-load Chrome to get it working on all existing tabs.
- (2016-09-10, v:0.9.5) Zigmal Hollerith: PDF BOOKS
Eu gostaria de sugerir que fosse acrescentado ao programa a possibilidade de ler arquivos PDF e guardar o ponto em que paramos de ler. Se possível que isso seja para vários livros. Obrigado.
- (2016-05-10, v:0.9.5) Andreas Schmid: Adjustable Framesize
Hi great ext. A great feature would be to scale the frame by preference. If i select some text, i want to focus on your frame completely... so i decrease my distance to the screen.. which is not healthy for my eyes :) So why not scale the frame a bit up or down like the user prefers?
- (2015-05-30, v:0.9.5) Tigran Sargsyan: Seconds vs Milliseconds
I think for most users seeing seconds in the options page instead of milliseconds would be more suitable. Many people even have no idea what a millisecond is.
- (2015-05-30, v:0.9.5) Tigran Sargsyan: Varied word display duration
Keep longer words on screen for longer periods of time than the shorter ones.
- (2014-11-12, v:0.9.5) Sachin Uppal: Does it work with Kindle Cloud Reader
I want to read my Kindle Books faster. I have Kindle Cloud Reader installed in Chrome browser. I am just wondering if your app works with that or you plan to introduce this feature soon?
- (2014-03-10, v:0.9.5) Peter Mamrukov: Outlook Web App - reading issues
Hi, I really liked your app. Can you make it read from OWA (Outlook web access) interface over https? Right now, when I want to use your app to read email, I simply get black window with no contents inside. Thank you. Peter.
- (2013-12-05, v:0.9.5) Ed Cam: Some sites wont work
I don't know why, some sites don't work. Yesterday I tried to read a post on tumblr and it didn't recognize the text. Today it does. PDF's on browser wont work either. It would be awesome to be able to read it. And one more thing... It also would be great to be able to move the windows wherever you want. i.e. at the center of the screen so I can read in a comfortable way instead of having my head half turned. Thank you.
- (2013-08-12, v:0.9.3) Stephen Salaka: Kindle Reader
I use the kindle reader web app and was wondering if this plugin could be made to work with the text within the kindle application. Would love to be able to speed display the text.
- (2013-08-12, v:0.9.3) Stephen Salaka: Stopped Working on Dev Chrome
Hello Maylin, This is a beautiful plugin, and I have been using it for several weeks now. It seems that with the latest version of the developers branch of chrome (30.0.1588.0 dev-m), the plugin is not properly reading the text anymore. It appears to go to the loading spinning circle and stays there instead of going into the actual reading mode.
- (2013-06-21, v:0.9.1) Auran B: Not displaying text selected
Hi, I understand I might be doing something wrong, but I can't seen to figure it out. I would highlight a paragraph of an article (tried on different websites too) and click the R button on the right top corner of chrome, but it would play text that is completely irrelevant to the article and never plays the text selected. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong. Thank you.