A modern, intuitive speed reader that just works.
Readio Speed Reader is a smarter speed reader, built from scratch with a modern and intuiitive design to give you a pleasant reading experience. We value simplicity and speed and we've made it really easy for you to get started. Readio attempts to find the correct content on each page automatically, and places a quick access button in the bottom right corner of every readable page. The quick access buttons allow you to read the automatically detected text or open the editor to paste your own text. Of course, you can always select and right click any text on a page to read it. Everyone has their own preferences, and therefore we've built in multiple options to personalize Readio to your liking. These options include dark/bright themes, word positioning and highlighting, font styles, speed variation, and much more! We're still in the beta phase, so please feel free to leave feedback if you notice anything wonky or have any feature suggestions. You can also help develop Readio by contributing to our open source repository on Github: https://github.com/nicklassandell/Speed-reader
- (2021-07-07) Salaam Kikhwa: The best RSVP extensions I've run across so far. I wish if there was a "ticker" mode, that could've been even better because the eye as it speeds up will try to read more than one word at a time. I'm waiting to see such a feature in this amazing extension.
- (2021-04-19) Bryston Ulrich: Best and simplest application of ORP / speed reading I've seen - and I've been looking a while!
- (2021-04-15) Mato Moscos: Definitely deserves more users, amazing reading experience <3
- (2021-03-24) Marcos Piérola: Beautiful modern design and excellent reading experience. Thank you for making this.
- (2019-05-31) Matthew Scholefield: Really nice and aesthetically pleasing speed reader (plus, it's open source :D). Only criticism is the long delay at the beginning. This becomes particularly annoying when reading multiple short chunks of text.
- (2018-04-02) Jake Orlowitz: Superb implementation of a speed-reading program that naturally embeds into the browser. My only complaint is it maxes out at 800wpm and it'd be nice to see it go up to 1000. I'm not a super-reader, but I've been speedreading long enough to want to push that boundary, and I'm sure others are faster than me.
- (2021-04-24, v:0.2.0) Arthur Bartlett: Window size and screen options
I used to use tools like this, but I've always given up on them because they were inconvenient to use. This extension is much better and I'm using it to improve my workflow, but a few features to improve workflow efficiency would make it even better. It would be great to have the option to automatically open in full-screen. An option to close the window automatically after reading would be great too. This way I can quickly read articles fully and get back to work without worry about sizing, positioning, or closing the reading window. Thanks for your work and I hope you implement my suggestions!
- (2019-08-18, v:0.2.0) Kevin Ljung: Chrome Default PDF Reader Not Reading Text When Doing Right Click -> read selected text with Readio
Hi! I wonder if there is any possibility that this will be fixed. It works absolutely fine with web pages, but when I opened a PDF file in Chrome and marked the text then right clicked. The extension didn't even open, nothing happened. Since I am a student it would be really useful to be able to do that on PDFs. And yes, I can obviously copy paste the text after that I've opened the programme but having to do that every time can get annoying.