Easy muting/unmuting for when you're in a Google Meet.
Easily mute and unmute your Google Meet tabs! With this extension, you can: - Set global keyboard shortcuts to toggle muting from anywhere - See if you are currently muted from the app's icon - Toggle muting by clicking the app's icon * When the app's icon is tri-colored, there is no active Google Meet session. * When the app's icon is green colored, the microphone is currently unmuted. * When the app's icon is red colored, the microphone is currently muted. To set the keyboard shortcuts, right click the app icon -> Manage Extensions. From there, click the hamburger menu -> Keyboard shortcuts. Here you can set keyboard shortcuts for any extension. You can also specify Chrome (when Chrome is in focus) or Global (when any window is in focus). If you have a feature request or any feedback, tweet me @mattsimonis Meet Mute is open source! Feel free to contribute! https://github.com/mattsimonis/meet-mute
- (2022-01-04) Jairo Salguero: Is this extension working (as of Jan 3 2022)? I'm able to install, set the keyboard shortcuts as described, but then when it is muted, it un-mutes automatically once a sound is detected by the microphone. Chrome version: Version 96.0.4664.110 (Official Build) (64-bit) Locale: chrome://settings/languages is showing English
- (2021-08-17) Dexter De Leon: Just tried a handful of other extensions claiming to do the same thing and this was the only one that worked, well done! 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
- (2021-03-23) Peter Mescalchin: Just wanted to add that this extension works exactly as stated with latest Chrome (at time of writing) [89.0.4389.90]. No un-required bells and whistles - one of those "essential apps" for me.
- (2021-03-03) Shonique Murray: This does not work at all. A complete waste of time and space. The button says its muted but I can still all the tabs at the same time.
- (2021-01-06) Tobias Pryning: Sadly does not work. As others have said the indication of the extension icon is not the same as what is in the meeting. (it does not mute the meeting, but it looks like it does). Really want this to work though, because of the global keyboard shortcut option! Am using google chrome version 87.0.4280.88
- (2021-01-03) Ian Ko: This works pretty well. A nice imporovement would be to show some kind of popup when you're muting or unmuting from a global setting. It's hard to notice the icon if you're in another application.
- (2020-11-05) Danijela: It doesn´t mute.
- (2020-09-30) Jeimy Alejandra Barrera Reyes: no pasa nada lo instalo y no pasa nada
- (2020-09-30) Ted Morin: Works great. Only problem is I have to use the button while the call is focused the first time so that the extension "connects" to the call. Afterwards it works well.
- (2020-09-22) Yeseo Her: it is good
- (2020-09-17) Matt Davis: No longer working as of 17-Sep2020.
- (2020-08-27) Ahmed Mostafa: Not working!
- (2020-08-11) Soporte Tecnico Aulas TICs: o hca nada
- (2020-08-10) Aron Buendia: gaaaaa
- (2020-07-14) Grade 1 Teacher: its not working at all
- (2020-07-03) Luíza de Farias do Amaral: This really works :D but, do you could please, make a extension that can mute one of the persons who are in the meet? I really need this T-T thanks!
- (2020-06-26) Ádám Bukovinszki: When I click the icon it shows muted, but then can somebody tell me why does it automatically unmute me, when I start speaking? Is that a bug or on purpose?
- (2020-04-08) Bartosz Petryński: Works!
- (2020-04-07) Bastian Eller: Just installed it for Chrome on Mac OS and works like a charm! Make sure to restart Chrome though ;) Also shortcut definition is a bit hidden but manageable.
- (2020-04-07) Carles Martí: No funciona, se instala pero no hace nada.
- (2020-03-30) Atom Raiff: It DOES work Ivan
- (2020-03-20) Maximilian Boos: Doesn't work for me either
- (2020-03-20) Ivan Naressi: Does not work
- (2019-07-22) Very useful for both quickly muting and unmuting yourself when multitasking on a call, and the ability to see your mute status at a glance from the extension's icon is very nice.
- (2021-06-04, v:0.0.5) Richard Clapton: Doesn't work any more
The big Google meet update seems to have stopped this extension from working.
- (2021-05-28, v:0.0.4) Gleice Santana: como usar
para que serve esta estensao
- (2021-05-27, v:0.0.4) Craig Pokorny: Broke with latest Meet update
Google Meet's latest major update seems to have broken this extension
- (2020-11-12, v:0.0.4) jaime vidal: Camera
Can you add the same function to the camera? i want to start every meetup with the camera turned off.
- (2020-06-23, v:0.0.3) MITRA BINTI MOHD ADDI FKE: Global and Individual Room Mic
Hi, I would like to inquire how to fix the challenge I am facing with Mute extension. I have installed it. Initially, all mics are switched on in all rooms. When i clicked the green buttons to mute, the button turned red. However, the mic icon in each room does not turn red (still swithced on). And when I click the 3 red buttons again, it does not turn green...it will only turn green when I mute the mic manually in one of the rooms or more than one rooms...but the mic in each room are still red even when the red 3 dots are green. Please advise
- (2020-06-17, v:0.0.3) Andac Kag: No sirve
- (2020-06-11, v:0.0.3) Pol: Doesnt work.
- (2020-06-08, v:0.0.3) Colégio Interativa Geekie One: Meet mute not working
Meet mute not working. any changes coming soon?
- (2020-06-01, v:0.0.3) ever armando vargas adames: No funciona
- (2020-05-29, v:0.0.3) Leo Lo bello: gg
- (2020-05-26, v:0.0.3) miriam: googlemeet
da quanto ho aggiunto l'estensione ha sempre funzionato ed ho sempre visto tutti i partecipanti, oggi però attivando la griglia la visuale dei partecipanti erano tutti in orizzontale ed ho provato a rimuovere varie volte l'estensione ma non ritorna come le altre volte.
- (2020-05-22, v:0.0.3) Tapovardhan Singh: How to mute all participants at the time of presentation , so avoid the unwanted sound from audience.
I have add extension Meet Mute in our chrome browser , but its not working .Our requirement is if presenter present then he can mute to all participants so avoid the unwanted sound from audience.
- (2020-05-11, v:0.0.3) Mike M: No longer works
The extensions does show when the meet is muted/unmuted, but the configuration no longer has an option to set global keys. Google probably broke this when they made a recent update to Meet.
- (2020-04-21, v:0.0.3) Andrew Baker: Great idea, but I can't get it to work
I can't seem to get this to work on Chrome OS. I've disabled all other extensions and tried multiple machines, but my experience is that clicking the extension's icon changes the color without actually muting or unmuting me in Meet. Great idea for an extension, so I would love to get it working!
- (2020-04-20, v:0.0.3) Paolo Bernardi: Richiesta informazioni
A me l'estensione non funziona. Come posso fare per usarla?
- (2020-04-20, v:0.0.3) Valentin Nemcev: Very useful extension!
No way to leave the review right now, so I'll do it here: ★★★★★ Super useful, works as advertised! Need to reopen Meet tab after install, and don't forget to read the description for usage instructions
- (2020-03-26, v:0.0.3) Maximilian Boos: Will there be an update?
Unfortunately the addon does not seem to work anymore. Will there be a fix in the near future? Due to the current situation Meet is used very intensively.
- (2020-03-20, v:0.0.3) Federico Puricelli: non funziona
Buongiorno, l'estensione non funziona, ho provato a riavviare tutto ma premendo sul tasto, non funziona niente
- (2019-12-14, v:0.0.3) Jason Reeves: Should Meet Mute work on Chrome OS?
Stumbled across this extension and it works great on my Mac (OSX), I recommended Meet Mute to my work colleagues as we use Meet continually during the workday. We weren't able to get Meet Mute to work on the Chromebooks (Chrome OS) that many of my team use. Has anyone else reported any issues on Chrome OS?