Sync your Verse calendar events to a Google calendar
The extension runs in the background and syncs your meetings to a Google Calendar. Califlower works for all IBM users who have access to IBM Verse. For security reasons only the date and duration of Verse events will be visible in your Google Calendar. The next 7 days' events are synced once an hour if Google Chrome is running and you're signed into Verse.
- (2019-04-04) Juanra Núñez: This extension was made in a hackaton in 2018 by Márk and Zoltán. They did a good job syncing IBM Verse Calendar with Google Calendar. As a result there are many opportunities for improvement: 1. It is a one way sync from Verse to Google. Changes made to Verse are not reflected in Google Calendar. For example, if you reschedule a meeting, the extension does not delete the previous version, but creates a new one... therefore, you end up with 2 meetings in your Google calendar. 2. For "privacy" reasons, the extension does not synchronize the title of the meetings, but transcribes them as "Work". Your calendar ends with "Work" meetings without knowing what each one is about. If the code is deployed as Open Source, the user community of Verse, with the same need, could support in strengthening it and adding other integrations. Regards.
- (2020-10-07, v:0.7) Jose Torres: Califlower: This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In.
I am unable to login to my google calendar through the Califlower extension. Google return the following message: "Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In." I am using macOS Catalina with Chrome Version 85.0.4183.121. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jose
- (2020-03-24, v:0.7) Alan O'Neill: Doesn't work with Microsoft Edge
The extension doesn't seen to work with the new Chromium based version of Microsoft Edge. The Google sign-in doesn't work. No errors show up on the console either.
- (2018-10-26, v:0.6) K.W. Landry: Google Calendar updated w/ "Work(IBM)" entries, not Verse Calendar Title or meeting info.
Hi Folks, As noted in the subject, the extension simply adds a series of "Work" entries to my Google Calendar. I was expecting to see the same titles in the Verse calendar copied to my Google calendar, that is, as meeting entries with the same title as the original Verse calendar entry. Also expected meeting details in the entries themselves but there are none. But, I'm getting just a bunch of "Work" entries, and the entries do not have any meeting details, which is not only not useful but simply cluttering up my Google calendar. Hopefully there is a fix or update, Thanks, KWL
- (2018-09-07, v:0.6) Damien Jeandel: Sync from Google to IBM
Hi, This is a great software! Would it be feasible to use it in order to sync the other way round (from Google Calendar to IBM Verse)? Regards.