Clear your cache and browsing data with a single click of a button.
Quickly clear your cache with this extension without any confirmation dialogs, pop-ups or other annoyances. You can customize what and how much of your data you want to clear on the options page, including: App Cache, Cache, Cookies, Downloads, File Systems, Form Data, History, Indexed DB, Local Storage, Plugin Data, Passwords and WebSQL. Cookies can either be removed globally, only for certain domains or for everything except for certain domains. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ In order to clear all of this data, this extension will require extended permissions. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the feedback section. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Change Log: Version 1.1.1 - September 21, 2014 - Fixed issue with descriptions not appearing Version 1.1 - September 21, 2014 - Added descriptions for data types to remove
- (2020-02-25) Nico Hirsch: Eine tolle Erweiterung und sehr nützlich! Es würde mich sehr freuen, wenn es auch ein helles Icon für den Chrome Dark Mode gäbe :)
- (2020-02-12) Виктор Мищенко: Отлично!
- (2020-01-20) Mihai N.: Hello. I would like to see please an option to autorun at specific intervals of time. It is difficult to add this option? Thanks!
- (2020-01-10) itguy65: I really like this tool and I use it every day in my job. I really like how you can map it to a keyboard shortcut (I've used Ctrl+R) which allows you to run it just by pressing your mapped shortcut.
- (2019-12-18) Tom Ge: 插件有奇怪的URL缓存，短期更新不了配置，用这个搞定了
- (2019-11-28) Necip Fazıl Kocaoğlu: instagram'da Oops, an error occurred. hatası için süper bir çözüm oldu, tıklıyorum uygulamaya sonra sayfayı yeniliyorum, açılıyor site.
- (2019-11-21) naffat adivasi: This is an extremely important add on which saves so much of time
- (2019-10-29) Андрей Вербицкий: Думал кэш обновится на конкретном сайте, а слетело на всех. Предупреждать нужно!
- (2019-10-23) Joseph Livengood: I do web development and I'm still seeing the old changes. I adjusted the setting to remove everything even cookies but still Unable to clear the catch. I am forced to use incognito just to see my changes! completely useless.
- (2019-10-09) Simone Giannecchini: Simply perfect.
- (2019-10-02) Alexey Lee: Просто, удобно, без лишних функций, то что надо!
- (2019-09-19) Timo Sorakivi: Great extension and works without a glitch. Just one bug (or is it a feature): sometimes it resets back to default options. I have not found reason for this behaviour but it's a bit annoying.
- (2019-08-08) Ken Rose: Love it. I work on the dev team and some days I click the "Clear Cache" extension 20-times a day! It's perfect. I wish more browsers would make the task of clearing the cache more accessible.
- (2019-07-31) Marvin Heilemann: Regex for "only clear the folowing" would be great (`*.lcl` does not work), what the extension has been cleared and that only things getting cleared on the active tab.
- (2019-07-24) Zain Farooq: Lovely extension
- (2019-07-09) Tessa Watkins: This is my favourite Chrome browser extension! I'm a web developer, and I don't even use the default reload button (or its "hard reload" or "empty cache and hard reload" options) anymore! The button that this extension provides easily replaced it for me. It's so easy to set up too! This is seriously the best.
- (2019-06-27) Daan Luijten: Does exactly what it says it does, and does it very well. Highly recommended for everyone working with website development, whether actual developer, publisher or stakeholder, QA etc.
- (2019-05-10) Dan Boling: For years, I used this extension dozens of times a day but since the last Chrome update, it's been broken. I hope it gets fixed soon.
- (2019-04-29) Andrei Istomin: Stopped working with the new Chrome update Version 74.0.3729.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2019-04-17) Maria Helena Preiman: It's a nice addon, making life easier. The only thing I'm missing is limiting it to certain sites only as I need to relog to every previously logged site afterwards. Unfortunately Chrome's own extensions' site access doesn't allow localhost and sites without 'www'.
- (2019-04-10) Aslam Sikder Rahad: good
- (2019-04-08) Rimvydas PRIALGAUSKAS: Does not work. Gmail gets stuck while adding attachments, does not load on refresh page. I run this app, try to reload the page, nothing changes. I clear the cache via chrome settings the usual way - everything is ok.
- (2019-03-14) Nathan Simmons: A go-to extension and a must have for me within Web Development. Allows me to clear my cache without having to do a hard-refresh for every site. A big benefit is the auto-reload.
- (2019-02-25) Luke Gabello: Very configurable. Nice keyboard shortcut options.
- (2019-02-13) geek h: 请问如何操作才能只清除特定站点的缓存？
- (2020-02-09, v:1.1.2) Philip Thomas: can clear cache be automatically run when chrome closes?
I was pointed to Clear Cache by someone on a forum somewhere who said Clear Cache was able to clear whatever settings you want automatically at the end of each Chrome session. If it can't do this, this would be a GREAT addition! If it can do it, I couldn't figure out where to tell it to clear settings when Chrome session ends. Could you help let me know if this is possible, and if so, how to set CC to do this? Thanks! Aloha, philiptdotcom
- (2020-01-24, v:1.1.2) Thomas Belknap: Suddenly not working?
I've been using your super-helpful extension for years, now. But out of nowhere in the last week, it stopped working? I click the button, it changes color briefly, and then stops without ever having reloaded the page? Thanks.
- (2020-01-20, v:1.1.2) Mihai N.: cache Cleaner Chrome
Hello and thanks for this very good extension. I would like to see please an option to autorun at specific intervals of time. It is difficult to add this option? Thanks!
- (2020-01-10, v:1.1.2) itguy65: Certificate refresh
Trying to determine if this extension can refresh the pop-up prompt option for website certificates. Do you know if that is something that can be configured with your Clear Cache Chrome extension?
- (2020-01-10, v:1.1.2) Harat's Pub: Works great but I need one exception
I use it for a system that I have called beermenus.com so the screens keep on showing "slides" of our menu, however I had a shortcut on my desktop that everyday updates and prints the Sports events on our Direct TV of the day..(Its one of my top saving time tools) however since I installed your extension It gives me an error when trying to print the schedule, is there a way I can "prevent" the extension do changes to that web page, shortcut? It will really save mylife of tons of everyday work.
- (2019-12-19, v:1.1.2) aseras: Firstly your app is great. My problem is it only works properly immediately after installing recently.
Immediately after install, On the setup page all options are there and work properly. Whitelist is present and works. After this the cookies option box is gone. The app no longer clears cookies or has any option at all. The whitelist no longer works. I nuked chrome, deleted the profile folder, reinstalled the plugin and its exactly the same. I haven't forced a downgrade yet but I suspect google went and broke something without telling anyone. As usual.
- (2019-10-08, v:1.1.2) andrew dao: I want to buy "Clear Cache"
Hi Benjamin, I'm interested in buying "Clear Cache", are you willing to sell? If so what would your price be? all the best, - Andy
- (2019-08-28, v:1.1.2) Diretório Acadêmico Caraguatatuba: Clear Cache for a specific DNS
- (2019-08-10, v:1.1.2) Alan Jennings: Spammy behavior
I was using your app in an out of date browser, and it worked fine. I installed it in a new version of Chrome, and now it continuously launches an unwanted tab with settings every time I use the browser. I have checked the boxes in the settings page over and over and it does not remember them. Your Support site link and the "problem" link on this chrome web store page also does not work. The the tab that it keeps launching is : chrome-extension://cppjkneekbjaeellbfkmgnhonkkjfpdn/options.html#
- (2019-05-30, v:1.1.2) Gary Green: Google analytics, jQuery
- (2019-05-06, v:1.1.2) Jakub Wang: It's not clearing .js / .css
I'm a web dev and this plugin quite often leaves .js and .css files in cache. Quite bothersome when I expect a fresh version to be loaded frequently.
- (2019-05-06, v:1.1.2) Chelo Torrejon: dudas sobre su uso
Una vez instalado en el ordenador cómo lo hago funcionar?
- (2019-05-06, v:1.1.2) Chelo Torrejon: preguntas uso
una vez instalado en mi ordenador cómo lo hago funcionar?
- (2019-04-20, v:1.1.2) Lily Chu: How do I activate this program to "clear" the cache?
I just downloaded this extension to my Chrome browser and while there are options to "reload", "select which data to delete", and the "time period" of deletion, I do not see ANY button or option to activate clearing the cache. This should be really simple but I'm not seeing how to activate the program. I tried seeing if clicking the symbol or "Clear Cache" under it would do anything but nothing is shown.
- (2019-03-27, v:1.1.2) Filipe Dâmaso Saraiva: Light icon for dark theme
Chrome has adopted the MacOS dark theme. On the new dark UI, the Clear Cache icon is hardly visible. Could you add a light icon and ability to switch light/dark icon, either manually, or programmatically depending on the OS theme? Cheers!
- (2019-03-21, v:1.1.2) W N: Очистка истории
Не очищает историю текущей вкладки.