Clear your cache and browsing data with a single click of a button.
Quickly clear your cache with this extension without any confirmation dialogs, pop-ups or other annoyances. You can customize what and how much of your data you want to clear on the options page, including: App Cache, Cache, Cookies, Downloads, File Systems, Form Data, History, Indexed DB, Local Storage, Plugin Data, Passwords and WebSQL. Cookies can either be removed globally, only for certain domains or for everything except for certain domains. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ In order to clear all of this data, this extension will require extended permissions. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the feedback section. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Change Log: Version 1.1.4 - July 11, 2021 - Simplified options to replace tabs permission with activeTab Version 1.1.3 - April 11, 2020 - Added cacheStorage and serviceWorkers options - Updated icon for better dark mode and high dpi support - Updated keyboard shortcut link in Options page Version 1.1.1 - September 21, 2014 - Fixed issue with descriptions not appearing Version 1.1 - September 21, 2014 - Added descriptions for data types to remove
- (2023-07-17) Вадим Валерьевич: Не работает очистка истории загрузки
- (2023-06-14) 王禎緯: web開發好用
- (2023-05-19) Валентина Жданова: Класс ,но надо бы функцию- очистка по времени
- (2023-04-04) Magnus: This is my first and only review on Webshop, but this is simply too excellent to bypass. What an amazing tool, that allows me to clear my page cache. It is easy to use for developing websites, and works when literally clearing my chrome cache did not even work. Thank you! I never have to go incognito again to see my correct website.
- (2023-03-29) Sam Byrne: Love it, this helped me lots, thanks a lot
- (2023-03-27) Briefseverus: nice
- (2023-03-02) windaar Gusto: 功能很细致齐全的缓存清理器，治好了我的ctrl+shift-del综合征，前端调试神器 The cache cleaner with very detailed and complete functions has cured my ctrl+shift-del syndrome, and the front-end debugging artifact！
- (2023-02-25) 储玲玲: 好用！自己在设置里勾选想删的项，然后每次直接点击插件图标就行，清理的迅速干净！
- (2022-12-21) Farhad Moradi: Love it.
- (2022-12-01) Juan Carlos Lavado: Atención: esta app, intenta abrir mi cámara web cada vez que la uso(al igual que varias páginas bancarias), para mí no hay problema porque tengo un antivirus que me ayuda, pero abre la cámara web si no tienes un bloqueador de intentos de apertura, en lo demás, sí limpia pero no profundamente.
- (2022-11-29) Alex Vasilev: Ive been dreaming of this app for centuries. Huge thank you to the developer!
- (2022-11-10) Daniel Weise: It's really simple knowing all I have to do is press one button and my the website I'm on will instantly run better!!! By the way Youtube runs flawlessely sfter you run this extension.
- (2022-09-02) Samuel: So good
- (2022-08-07) Darryl Reubens: Previously this worked flawlessly. However in the last few month it seems to do nothing at all. I even removed the extension and reinstalled it. I will of course put this back to 5 star if this could be acknowledged/addressed. Really appreciated this extension previously. EDIT: My bad, i simply needed to go through the extention options and select exactly what i wanted cleared, with this done, and also setting a keyboard shortcut, well, i wish i could give it 6 stars!
- (2022-07-28) Даниил Воронов: после удаления самостоятельно устанавливается и при запуске браузера открывает вкладки как какой-то вирус. не рекомендую устанавливать
- (2022-07-10) ElMayor 809: Where's is the option to only clean current tab???????? I used to use it to only clear cache from my current tab which is my website not all my data....
- (2022-06-24) Fazil Nasrat: یک دنیا سپاس از این اکستنشن زیبای شما، خیلی به کارم مرا کمک کرد خصوصاً در بخش شاپیفای. Thank you so much.
- (2022-06-20) Simon Lafont: Un must have si vous êtes sur Salesforce. Choisir uniquement : Automatically reload active tab after clearing data = TRUE Data to Remove = Indexed DB Time Period = Everything Votre page lightning sera correctement rafraichie.
- (2022-06-14) A3: installed this extension for its capebilitys of clearing cash of only certain domains but funtion does not exist / is not easy to be found in less than 10/15 minutes
- (2022-05-26) Adam Divix: Works well with JS based websites.
- (2022-05-10) Meo Manh: Non-stop pop-up windows, advertising windows of this software, really annoying, decisive uninstallation
- (2022-05-08) PAM: Niet 100% te vertrouwen. Wist niet alle cookies :-(
- (2022-04-24) Andrea Baldeschi-Oddi: Love it!
- (2022-04-04) Naga: This extension is amazing. Also I would like to sync the settings.
- (2022-03-08) D.C. Billman: garbage
- (2022-01-25) Fantosh Ruloff: Ctrl+Shift+Del. Не благодарите
- (2022-01-06) Morgan McKnight: Just what I wanted. Great works no hassel.
- (2021-12-19) David S Kirk: As a web developer this extension is invaluable, it saves me so much time. I work in Salesforce and it used to be a hassle to update something in the environment and then having to clear my cache manually to see the changes, with this extension I just click a button and an otherwise laborious process took seconds. I highly recommend it!
- (2021-12-02) Nils Thingvall: Works so well and is easy to configure.
- (2021-11-22) Nate Skirvin: didn't clear still and wiped my google account
- (2021-09-16) Sergio Vazquez II: This would be PERFECT if it had the option to clear everything from the CURRENT DOMAIN ONLY. But for just a simple cache cleaner, there are MANY BETTER options.
- (2021-09-04) Ruri Aziz: sejati
- (2021-07-28) Alan Hanley: The simplest and best cache cleaner there is.
- (2021-07-02) Timi Ko: 몇년째 쓰고있음 좋아요.
- (2021-06-11) Sumedh Kulkarni: Awesome app, i've been using this for more than 2 years, it does what it says.As a enhancement it will be great if they include option to schedule cleanup (Daily,weekly and monthly)
- (2021-06-01) Olim Pather: OH WOW!! THE BROWSER IS FASTER SINCE I INNITIALLY INSTALLED IT!
- (2021-05-06) qiangqiang wang: 希望有一个网站白名单的功能，在清除所有的缓存数据时，保留白名单网站的数据 It is desirable to have a whitelist feature that preserves the whitelist site's data while clearing all cached data
- (2021-05-05) Marlon Bueno Bochi: Uso a um bom tempo e ela é muito boa! Recomendo para desenvolvedores front-end e testers também.
- (2021-04-05) Bahadir Mat: Really nice addon, however, it should synchronize the settings with the google account.
- (2021-03-17) Hans-Peter Störr: Benutze ich beim Web-Entwickeln täglich 100 mal. Einfach und wirklungsvoll. Spitze!
- (2021-03-09) tim woldt: Good extension, for the most part never disappoints me on chrome. Sometimes I have to open dev tools and hard refresh, but for the most part I like it.
- (2021-03-03) LowBoyTeam: 希望可以添加设置 点击只清除当前tab网站的数据而不是全部
- (2021-01-13) Newman Bblythe: This is a very useful program, I use a lot in my usual development, I hope developers can continue to update.
- (2021-01-04) antecsystems antecsystems: Funciona perfecta!
- (2021-01-02) Anthony Markakis: This should be an integrated option in most browsers, awesome and very useful.
- (2020-12-16) Mario Müller: Funktioniert leider nicht. Das Icon wird nach der Installation kurz in der Toolbar angezeigt und verschwindet dann sofort auf nimmer Wiedersehen. Die Erweiterung ist aktiv aber nicht sichtbar und damit auch nicht nutzbar. Auch ein Neustart von Chrome hilft nicht.
- (2020-11-11) Fernando Contreras: El mejor plugin para limpiar cache de verdad que si gracias...
- (2020-11-08) Zeus Bot: The extension does what it's suppose to do, it removes the history, cookies, passwords, etc. It is 100% free, and works perfectly! I don't have to dig around in Google for the delete history or cookies button, while I can do it in one click. Thanks for making this!
- (2020-11-06) Spravodlivý Kritik: Thank you it solved my problem with css files not loading up as they should thank you very much
- (2020-10-08) Kittiphong Wiseddee: Easy to use
- (2023-06-16, v:1.1.4) sheikh ul arbi: CLEAR CACHE
WHY R U ADDING N9T
- (2023-05-07, v:1.1.4) Ben Njenga: How can i clear cookies without logging out session
Clear cookies without logging off session
- (2023-03-26, v:1.1.4) Briefseverus: Combine with selenium
How can i combine it with selenium(java) . Because the button of extension not in the web page so i can not get it to click with retrieve the xpath button . I doesnt want to simulator a click. Is there anyway ?
- (2023-03-15, v:1.1.4) Glenn Eades: How to NOT CLEAR site specific passwords...?
I only have the top three boxes checked, which indicate clear various caches, but every time I run the program I lose all of my credentials for every website. There is no way to tell which one or two of these to uncheck to clear the cache but not have it affect all of my saved passwords... because of this I rarely use clear cache, because it clears too much, and messes my computer up. Please provide information regarding how to clear the cache without losing saved credentials...
- (2023-02-17, v:1.1.4) Push Clear-Cache options to all users
Hi, I want to auto-install this extension to all our users but with predefined options (I just want to check Cache Storage and Service Worker). The autoinstallation is easy with a GPO but how can I put the same options for all? When an option is selected, who is this information stored? in a file? Thanks for your feeback
- (2023-02-07, v:1.1.4) Alejandro Bovino: Extension behavior
Does this chrome extension have the same behavior as clearing the cache with the "empty cache and hard reload" option?
- (2023-01-17, v:1.1.4) Laurie Pearson: How do I get the little "recycle" icon to show on the top bar?
It shows that I added "Clear Cache", but the little "recycle" icon is not showing on the top bar. What am I doing wrong?
- (2022-12-09, v:1.1.4) Lecko Mio: Not deleting cookies in incognito mode
Great extension. As web designer an essential tool. Unfortunately for some reason it does not clear cookies when you use the incognito mode. Any solution to this? Also a feature would be nice, if one could have an option to allow the clear only on the active tab.
- (2022-10-09, v:1.1.4) Tony: Export/import
Great app, any way to add an option to export and/or import the website list under options/ cookies/ options so you can move lists from one computer to another so you don't have to retype the whole list?
- (2022-09-09, v:1.1.4) Joe Murtha: Options page
My options page keeps opening every time I load Chrome how do I stop this?
- (2022-07-19, v:1.1.4) Ed Grensky: Needed information for users.
Checking specific boxes in clear cash is no problem for savvy users, but some of the older generations don't understand what each checked box will clear. It would be helpful if you would add a sub under each check box explaining what happens if a box is checked.
- (2022-03-13, v:1.1.4) Jeanne Chrystle Mariano: not working
Found one that works https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/clean-cache-cookies-histo/jcjbmjhjgflfbcilklndgmhgampgdmnk
- (2022-01-25, v:1.1.4) Javier Augusto Piñeros Pareja: Clean cache configuration for each domain
Is it possible to define a separate clean cache configuration for each domain?
- (2021-12-21, v:1.1.4) Joe Lakey: Extend cookie filters to other data types?
Hello Benjamin - I love the Clear Cache extension. One question/feature request: is it possible to extend the domain filters for cookies to other data types - for example: cache, indexed DB, local storage, file systems, etc. The extension is incredibly useful now. I use it every day. It would be even more incredible if filters were available on other data types. Thank you!
- (2021-12-13, v:1.1.4) Kovacs Takeshi: Support Service Worker Cache Clean
Can you support clearing the cache of the current tab Service Worker? I tried this script and it solved the problem perfectly. Can the Clear Cache plug-in inherit this function? https://gist.github.com/deanhume/4b7e1f136cbee288cff9f0fc46318fbb
- (2021-11-16, v:1.1.4) Marcos Candido: does it delete passwords or log out of all my accounts?
I wanted to use it for web development but I don't want to re-login on all my apps again. Does it clear all logins?
- (2021-07-18, v:1.1.4) Diane Erwin: NOT WORKING
- (2021-07-14, v:1.1.4) Luca Ruggieri: NOT WORKING
Hi, the app seems not to be working on this url: *agenziaentrate.gov.it/ Hope you can fix it asap. Thank you, Luca
- (2021-07-06, v:1.1.2) Ryan Ford: Setting default extension options
Hi there, I was wondering if it is possible to set the options in this extension for Workspaces deployment.
- (2021-05-13, v:1.1.2) Rui M Leal: Is it possible to reduce the foot print of the extension?
I'm reading 113mb of memory consumption and 3.2 CPU can you try and reduce these? It's the extension that uses more Chrome resources from all the extensions I have installed and if it only cleans cache from time to time and when button is pressed why does it need to be so resourceful? What are these high values coming from, is it from constantly running on background? Thanks
- (2021-04-17, v:1.1.2) ridha skhiri: Icon not visible on dark themes
Using a colored icon or adding a choice in the options panel should resolve this minor issue.
- (2021-04-14, v:1.1.2) Mick Seymour: Multiple machines
Like many users, I use multiple machines with the same Google account. I have an office PC, a home PC and a laptop for site visits etc. I get a few web sites where the cookies are not saved despite being whitelisted. Over time, I have realised that this is probably due to variations between multiple pc's and browser settings having different whitelists. I have used the import/export routines. However, is there a simpler way to keep the whitelists synced? Possibly a backup to google drive which could be imported? This would allow one machine to act as a master.
- (2021-03-18, v:1.1.2) Steve Edwards: Saving options
Hi Benjamin, thank you for this very useful extension. It's simple and friendly. Sometimes when I open Chrome, it opens a tab with Clear Cache Options. I'm a little confused, because I don't expect my choices to change. My preference is to clear everything every time, but all options except one are cleared. I notice there's no "Save Changes" button. Do I need to choose the options every time? Thanks.
- (2021-02-22, v:1.1.2) Ron DeJesus: Remove Cookies Globally
Hi - love your extension but can't figure out how to clear cookies globally? I selected "Don't clear the following (slow)" and didn't add any domains but all of my cookies are still there. Thanks!
- (2021-02-08, v:1.1.2) Roy Abitbol: Can you add the ability to clear the favicon cache? read this...
- (2020-12-22, v:1.1.2) David Quiram: Property Names and Values for Windows Registry
I'm looking to be able to force install and configure this extension via Registry. Would it be possible to get the property names for items like the extensionID, reload current tab, data to remove: cache, and time frame for everything. Thank you in advance.
- (2020-11-06, v:1.1.2) Arian Hojat: Way to clear cache just for the current website?
When you press the Clear Cache extension/button, does it clear it for everything or does it look at just the current website? I would prefer a way to do the latter (so I can keep my login cookies for Gmail etc but wipe out some random websites I may visit/test at work [I'm a web developer]). If not, then would be cool if had a way to clear cache for ONLY the current website you are on (maybe an option that sets a 'strict' or 'non-strict' option when you click this so it does the exact domain you are on if choose 'strict' option or any subdomain under the current domain if choose 'non-strict' option). For example, I am on members.exacttarget.com and want to clear the cache for *.exacttarget.com. I want to be able to press and button and do this (vs some option where I have to manually type the domain each time like the Cookie option you currently have). Thanks!, Ari
- (2020-11-05, v:1.1.2) Randy Henry: Clear entire browser cache, or just page?
Does this extension clear the entire browser cache, or just the current page? My Google search was specifically for 'clear current page cache chrome extension', and yours came up. But, your Overview doesn't indicate anything based on my query. I am only interested in clearing the current page cache as indicated in my search request.
- (2020-10-16, v:1.1.2) Edmundo Amaral: clear cache chrome
está instalado, mas não aparece o icone para acessar
- (2020-08-20, v:1.1.2) Noah Montone: Inquiry
Hello, Would you have any interest in potentially chatting about me acquiring this extension? If not, please keep me in mind if you decided you want to sell in the future. Thank you, Noah
- (2020-07-24, v:1.1.2) Rodrigo: Keeping cookies
Please, provide a "current cookies visualizer" in which we can select what cookies to keep and what to delete, so we can clean everything we don't need, but keep easy access to sites that constantly ask for a password, like Facebook and email. That's all I need right now from this app. Thanks!
- (2020-06-27, v:1.1.2) Văn Đặng Đình: poke origin
ko vao dc
- (2020-06-23, v:1.1.2) Josh Gilson: Please add the option to clear cache and cookies on the current tab
I would love to see an option to only clear the cache and cookies from the tab/domain I'm on when I click the clear cache button!
- (2020-06-07, v:1.1.2) Alexandre Muller: export or sync settings
Hi, is there a way to export or sync settings?
- (2020-05-02, v:1.1.2) Erum Malik: On click Feature
when I select "On Click" Option & I click on extension Icon is is going ko clear cache of my my current URL or is it going to remove from all the sites?
- (2020-05-02, v:1.1.2) Erum Malik: On Click Feature
when I select "On Click" Option & I click on extension Icon is is going ko clear cache of my my current URL or is it going to remove from all the sites?
- (2020-04-25, v:1.1.2) Ton Haarmans: Icon in dark mode
Very minor problem of your outstanding extension: the icon is hardly visible in dark mode themes... Is there something I can do anout that?
- (2020-03-27, v:1.1.2) Thomas Bono: favicon cache addition
I just was pulling my hair out why my favicon was not updating. After a search I found a way to clear your favicon cache by pressing "control + F5" I'm not sure if this is included in the options... but it would be a nice addition. Thanks. Love this plug-in
- (2020-02-09, v:1.1.2) Philip Thomas: can clear cache be automatically run when chrome closes?
I was pointed to Clear Cache by someone on a forum somewhere who said Clear Cache was able to clear whatever settings you want automatically at the end of each Chrome session. If it can't do this, this would be a GREAT addition! If it can do it, I couldn't figure out where to tell it to clear settings when Chrome session ends. Could you help let me know if this is possible, and if so, how to set CC to do this? Thanks! Aloha, philiptdotcom
- (2020-01-24, v:1.1.2) Thomas Belknap: Suddenly not working?
I've been using your super-helpful extension for years, now. But out of nowhere in the last week, it stopped working? I click the button, it changes color briefly, and then stops without ever having reloaded the page? Thanks.
- (2020-01-20, v:1.1.2) Mihai Neamțu: cache Cleaner Chrome
Hello and thanks for this very good extension. I would like to see please an option to autorun at specific intervals of time. It is difficult to add this option? Thanks!
- (2020-01-10, v:1.1.2) itguy65: Certificate refresh
Trying to determine if this extension can refresh the pop-up prompt option for website certificates. Do you know if that is something that can be configured with your Clear Cache Chrome extension?
- (2020-01-10, v:1.1.2) Harat's Pub: Works great but I need one exception
I use it for a system that I have called beermenus.com so the screens keep on showing "slides" of our menu, however I had a shortcut on my desktop that everyday updates and prints the Sports events on our Direct TV of the day..(Its one of my top saving time tools) however since I installed your extension It gives me an error when trying to print the schedule, is there a way I can "prevent" the extension do changes to that web page, shortcut? It will really save mylife of tons of everyday work.
- (2019-12-19, v:1.1.2) aseras: Firstly your app is great. My problem is it only works properly immediately after installing recently.
Immediately after install, On the setup page all options are there and work properly. Whitelist is present and works. After this the cookies option box is gone. The app no longer clears cookies or has any option at all. The whitelist no longer works. I nuked chrome, deleted the profile folder, reinstalled the plugin and its exactly the same. I haven't forced a downgrade yet but I suspect google went and broke something without telling anyone. As usual.
- (2019-10-08, v:1.1.2) andrew dao: I want to buy "Clear Cache"
Hi Benjamin, I'm interested in buying "Clear Cache", are you willing to sell? If so what would your price be? all the best, - Andy
- (2019-08-28, v:1.1.2) Diretório Acadêmico Caraguatatuba: Clear Cache for a specific DNS
- (2019-08-10, v:1.1.2) Alan Jennings: Spammy behavior
I was using your app in an out of date browser, and it worked fine. I installed it in a new version of Chrome, and now it continuously launches an unwanted tab with settings every time I use the browser. I have checked the boxes in the settings page over and over and it does not remember them. Your Support site link and the "problem" link on this chrome web store page also does not work. The the tab that it keeps launching is : chrome-extension://cppjkneekbjaeellbfkmgnhonkkjfpdn/options.html#
- (2019-05-30, v:1.1.2) Gary Green: Google analytics, jQuery
- (2019-05-06, v:1.1.2) Jakub Wang: It's not clearing .js / .css
I'm a web dev and this plugin quite often leaves .js and .css files in cache. Quite bothersome when I expect a fresh version to be loaded frequently.
- (2019-05-06, v:1.1.2) Chelo Torrejon: dudas sobre su uso
Una vez instalado en el ordenador cómo lo hago funcionar?