Adds a toolbar button with various web developer tools.
The Web Developer extension adds a toolbar button to the browser with various web developer tools. This is the official port of the Web Developer extension for Firefox. -------------------- The best place for support is not in the reviews section below, but on the Web Developer site in the help: http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/help/ Also available there are a full set of release notes: http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/history/chrome/
- (2020-04-14) Towelie: Edit CSS doesn't work. No other extensions. No ublock. url on localhost.
- (2020-04-11) Sparsha Dhar: Best extension ever!!
- (2020-04-08) Daniel's Channel_Den!: ITS COOL WHILE THE ORANGE OTHER ONE THAT IS BARLLY LIKED ITS LITTTLE THIS IS THE BEST BUT DO KEEP DOING IT AND SHINGS I RATE THIS INFINITE STARS ITS COOL AND BIG WOW I LIKE THIS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK PLEASE AND GOOD LUCK AND OTHER THINGS AND STUFF!. :)
- (2020-03-22) Eveline Frei: I really like this extension but I have 1 complaint that moves me to almost trash it every time it happens. Please, please, make the resize options keep the sizes entered. Every time, this extension changes/Chrome updates, I am up for re-entering all the window sizes I need and I generally only realise that they are lost once again when I most need them....yes, it doesn't take hours to re-enter them but it is really annoying.
- (2020-03-18) xi si: The best!! Thank you!
- (2020-03-10) Janosch Batschi: It forces notifications to be enabled on all websites in your browser without any option to turn notifications off
- (2020-02-19) Pedo: fodaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
- (2020-02-13) Dominic Davies: I've only used it for the responsive layouts and it's helped me out a lot. is always up to date.
- (2020-02-05) Stephane Faure: Pas seulement utile pour faire du développement, mais aussi pour faire des liens et des favoris vers des ancres !
- (2020-01-30) Daniel Shively Jr: THIS IS THE MOST BEST BIG WEB DEVELOPER TOOLBAR THE OTHER ORAGED ICONED UDEV ONE SUCKS THIS IS THE REAL ONE ITS BETTER LIKES RATINGS VIEWS FEEDBACK SUPPORT STUFF LIKE THAT IS GOOD HERE THIS COULD BE BETTER YOU CAN MAKE IT GOODER ITS NICE BUT COULD BE NICER KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND OTHER THINGS AND ALSO GOOD LUCK AND STUFF!. I've been using the Web Developer extension for YEARS. As someone that works in the Digital Marketing industry, particularly focused on SEO, this tool time and time again has helped streamline many important tasks I have to do when evaluating websites. It's flexible, customizable, and just really makes life easier. Thank you to the dev, for years of use. I'm planning to make a small donation to the dev to express my gratitude, but I thought a review was due first. The best thing about this tool, which it seems other people have also expressed, is the fact that i can trust it. With so many extensions out there, and so much privacy intrusion and "hacking", I've become incredibly weary of what extensions or apps I install (extensions can give you viruses too), so when I see some extension or script that focuses on one thing, even if it has good reviews and a decent number of users, I'm hesitant to install anything and I start looking up the dev and his or her reputation, etc. This guy, man, I've been using this for so long, and the trust and reputation is there. This tool is a MUST HAVE for any web developers, search engine optimizers, or anyone that works closely with websites, really. 100% recommended, would give it 9999999999999 stars if I could!. WOW!.
- (2020-01-19) Majk Majkowy: Nie da się dziadostwa usunąć! Ostrzegam, nie instalujcie tego wirusa!
- (2020-01-17) Henrique Araujo: Top, melhor ferramenta para desenvolvedor
- (2020-01-13) Daniel Beddows: It's completely unnecessary to auto-open a new tab every time this extension is updated. Regardless of what this extension does or does not do, it's a step over the line for me. There isn't even an option to disable it. I cannot think of a more intrusive way to notify me.
- (2020-01-13) Vince F: Thank you for the 0.54 update! Fixed some my most used tools Color Picker, Guides, Ruler. Cheers
- (2020-01-13) Jamin: Great up, but spams a changelog tab with every single update
- (2020-01-09) hiep nguyen: Error!!! Cannot display "show element tag names" on Heading tags
- (2019-12-17) Jon Penny: The extension just auto updated and wiped all my custom settings. I now have to add them all again. Not impressed with wiping user settings after updates! Edit: The resize now doesn't work at all. Added custom resize dimensions and they don't do anything.
- (2019-12-17) Evgeny Dombrauskas: Lost all my custom resize dimensions after update.
- (2019-12-15) Blimblam: Been using this plugin on Firefox 3+ in 2007, until now on Chrome. Just brilliant and simple.
- (2019-12-03) Johan Sölve: I used to love this but recently it has started to allow all notifications on all sites, without any option to turn notifications off. It makes me turn it off.
- (2019-11-07) Master: Начал получать push-уведомления с одного новостного сайта, которые не мог отключить через стандартный отказ от уведомлений. В настройках Хрома вижу следующее: "Уведомления: Разрешено расширением". Начал последовательно отключать расширения браузера и выяснил, что неотключаемую опцию уведомлений в браузере активирует это приложение. Спрашивается: вот что это за дела такие?
- (2019-11-01) Andreas Jacobsen: I use this tool to aid in accessibility testing alongside WAVE and Axe, it does exactly what it says it does. It makes my job easier and it is open source! Thank you Chris and all the other open source contributors for making this tool and giving it away for free!
- (2019-10-30) Comercial Web: Show de bola, e ainda dá para adicionar outros links para testes, excelente. veja também outras dicas de programação em: https://www.comercialweb.com.br/blog/
- (2019-10-15) Daniel Seinfony: Me encanta me ha echo la vida mucho mas facil, aun que como todo se puede mejorar, esta entre mis favoritas, gracias chrispederick.com
- (2019-10-01) Dan T: It's really useful, but it crashes pretty much every day.
- (2012-06-28, v:0.4) Олег Воробьев: Hide images
Button "Hide Images" does not work: Uncaught TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'toggleImages'