Collect and analyze CSS.
CSS Dig finds and groups stylesheets and style blocks on most websites, providing an easy way to analyze the code and plan refactors. Properties: Take a look at all your CSS properties, their frequency and variations. Have too many shades of blue? Inconsistencies often means confusion for your developers and irregularities for your end users. Selectors & Specificity: Are your selectors long? Using lots of IDs? Specificity wars are frustrating and piling on new CSS will only make the situation worse. Find potential problem areas and make a plan to fix.
- (2021-08-10) Huge Mebel НедорогаяМебель: Всё что делает, это элементарное объединение повторений в css. Полезно для оптимизации css = оставлять только используемые селекторы и экшены, а плагин делает то, что одной командой фиксица.
- (2019-10-24) Joachim Velzel: When first installing: VM1081 init.js:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined Fixed this error by a hard-refresh. I would be expecting a how-to guide to use it.
- (2019-09-10) Chandu: Popup's too large, and no way to close it except refreshing my app. And, didn't get a chance to use it as the start digging optionis not visible.
- (2019-08-14) Eyuel Mulatu: Doesn't work at all, only adds the extension icon which does nothing
- (2019-05-22) Justin Huffman: Doesn't work. Click and nothing happens.
- (2019-03-04) kaylyn riggs: Does not load consistently. Have to clear cache from chrome settings (clear cache and hard reload from developer tools does not work) for the CSS options to load- otherwise, the screen remains white with the CSSdig logo, and clicking on the extension just layers that experience. Wish it were more reliable- otherwise, works (once loaded) as advertised.
- (2019-02-13) Works as advertised very helpful. If it's not working for you maybe try clearing your cache and reloading the page? Would be really nice to be able to download these stats in some way to further interrogate offline. Will be using this extensively for my current refactor project.
- (2019-01-30) James Filby: Doesn't seem to work. Looks like it's only reading styles from external sources. When I try to run this using the actual css file used for the page, I get 7 lines of CSS back. This is a real shame as it could be massively beneficial if it worked properly.
- (2019-01-15) Doesn't work. Clicking the button does nothing.
- (2018-08-28) Francis Potter: To everyone who says it doesn't work: after installing the extension, reload the page you want to run it on. Then click the button. That worked for me.
- (2018-04-08) hexadec: Doesn't work.
- (2018-03-21) Tara Campos: Don't work!
- (2018-01-23) Sean Neylon: Totally confused by this - the 'd' icon loaded top right, I then click on it - and absolutely nothing happens. So can only conclude it doesn't work, which is a bit of a shame.
- (2017-11-29) Joe Daniels: Doesn't work on most sites. If you open up developer tools and the console, each time you click the extension button an error shows up
- (2017-11-22) Shaun Brown: Done absolutely nothing. Clicked the extension, nothing happened. Right clicked and select CSS Dig thinking it would run. No. It opened up the store page for the extensions. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME! Uninstalling.
- (2017-07-15) Luis Paredes: Nice tool, such a pity that it has a lot of bugs. Hopefully it'll improve in later versions.
- (2017-03-26) Pat Washburn: Opened a "dig" window then froze the browser.
- (2017-02-01) Nick Busman: Consolidating all of my project's CSS, this helped me identify so many redundant properties.
- (2016-12-23) Christopher Jones: Didn't work on my system. Clicked the extension icon in upper right and nothing happens. Disappointing because it's a very cool idea and could be very useful (if it worked). Could be a small bug of configuration issue. Don't let me deter you from trying this.
- (2016-11-18) Stuart Thornton: No discernible function, adds button to toolbar that does nothing, clearly totally bugged out and should be removed from marketplace.
- (2016-10-17) Maud Procyk: Good extension but please install a scrollbar, when you show every dependencies css and you have more css than the screen's heigh it's complicated ;)
- (2016-07-29) LIPodcastNetworkCom: Does not work or open anything like the screenshots. The documentation does not show how to fix this. Tried on 2 computers with no results.
- (2016-02-10) Don Tinsley: assumes $ is defined as jQuery. a simple fix would be using jQuery instead of $ removing
- (2015-10-13) Ken Wilson: Terrible malware with absolutely no function. Installed and got a button on my toolbar that had did nothing. Removed within two minutes of installing. Don't waste your time with this.
- (2015-04-10) Jackie Gleason: It is good for what it does, however, I would like to see more documentation on how to analyze.
- (2015-04-08) Faridul Hassan: very helpful
- (2019-01-26, v:1.2.3) Danilo Santos: css extension undefined result
I want to extract the css from an extension that leaves my page with dark theme This extension: https://nighteye.app Look possibles problems: Chrome Extension Css: http://prntscr.com/mcchmk Result Css: http://prntscr.com/mcchq2 Others Examples: http://prntscr.com/mcchg3
- (2016-08-02, v:1.2.3) S Yugandhar: Sorry, but I couldn't find any Diggable CSS on this page.
Hi, Why my website stylesheet is Not UnDiggable? My website CSS is server from CDN. I used Compass SASS to compile and compress css.
- (2016-01-12, v:1.2.2) James R. (Slick): CSS Dig Screencast
I will set up some time to help you with a screencast for this app. It is very useful and i find it very easy to use. If you want me to do this please feel free to contact me about this subject.
- (2015-11-25, v:1.2.2) Broken
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
- (2015-08-06, v:1.2.1) Angel Kenneth Tolentino: Improper Overflow
I love your extension, but the left panel containing the "Properties" and "Selectors" tab are unscrollable if chrome's windows height is too small (~500px). Hope it helps.
- (2015-06-01, v:1.2.1) Nikolaus Polak: Imported stylesheets not editable?
Hi, any chances that the following code could lead to editable CSS? <style> @import url("/style.css"); </style> Most newer Drupal themes are using this and it would really nice if this gets somehow supported in your extension :)
- (2015-05-27, v:1.0) Cory Mckinnon: Broken
init.js Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
- (2015-05-19, v:1.0) Misha Malakhov: error
Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined
- (2015-04-16, v:1.0) Luke Wong: Context Menu Link
Could you please a link to activate CSS Dig from the context menu? It's for those of us who tend to hide buttons to reduce toolbar clutter.
- (2015-04-06, v:1.0) Armando Flores: Doesn't work
Don't know how to use it. Click link and nothing happens
- (2015-02-20, v:1.0) Jeff Lupinski: DOM element position
I just discovered that while having the plugin enabled it was causing DOM elements to shift several pixels down on the page. Chrome Version 40.0 (64-bit)