Read markdown file in Chrome.
MarkdownReader: ======================== markdownReader is a extention for chrome, used for reading markdown file. Features: ======================== 1. Reading markdown file 2. Auto reload local file when file is changed 3. Highlight the code area 4. Show outline beside the content 5. Support extension: Tasklist, table, LaTeX 6. Toggle raw mode and markdown mode by double Click Install ============== 1. Install plugin: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/markdown-reader/gpoigdifkoadgajcincpilkjmejcaanc 2. Open plugin center: chrome://extensions/, check "Allow access to file URLs" 3. Drag md file to chrome Source code: ======================== https://github.com/yaniswang/markdownReader License: ======================== markdownReader is released under the MIT license: The MIT License Copyright (c) 2014 - 2017 < [email protected] > Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
- (2020-01-10) Craig Williams: I configured the extension to allow file:// URL's but it does not render markdown for local files. Is there more than one place that local files need to be allowed?
- (2020-01-05) Musa Haidari: It was OK for simple MD syntax, but cannot compile the more complex one easily. The design can be improved too.
- (2019-12-09) miracle god: 有些.md文件还是打不开啊，一点击就变成了下载
- (2019-09-10) Haibin Qiao: There is something wrong when writing below: | Character | Name | | --- | --- | | \| | pipe |
- (2019-06-19) k g: 好评，中文UTF8都不会乱码。
- (2019-04-09) Vikram Jadhav: Doesn't work if I open local .md file from my windows 10 pc to chrome
- (2019-02-25) Andy Davidson: Works on Mac with local files. see "Dusty Frederick" comment to configure extension to work with local files. you need to turn "Allow access to file URLs" on only complaint is my markdown file is displayed with a huge margin on the left. this wastes a lot of screen space. I really like the table of contents on the right
- (2019-01-30) 王若非: 非常喜欢，中文也没有出现乱码现象，赞一下开发者～
- (2019-01-07) Jaime CBM: Es de lo mejor que he visto para ver archivos de markdown en el navegador Chrome (yo uso windows 7). Solo una mejora posible: ¿se `podría editar el CSS? Saludos!!
- (2019-01-02) Cenny Wenner: As others mention, even with the url-access option on, it does not seem to render local .md files.
- (2018-12-06) Matthew Bell: Very good Markdown Reader. I've been able to even open local file by entering file:///c:/ in the URL and navigating to the folder where the *.md file sits. I would recommend to anyone needing to open Markdown files.
- (2018-07-28) José Antonio Pinto: Very good! Run perfectly at Chromium too.
- (2018-07-20) Jerry Tingley: Nice support for extra Markdown stuff like checkboxes. Default source code rendering looks great. The extension also places a list on the right of the main content with links to all of your headers, very convenient for navigation and for quickly glancing over a file.
- (2018-05-29) beyondtheboundaries: You need to enable the access to the file urls. After that it works like a charm. Love it!
- (2018-05-24) Mat Sal: Cumple su función perfectamente. Muy buena extensión y muy útil
- (2018-04-27) Contas Tiago França: Muito bom. Show de bola!!!!!
- (2018-04-25) Marko Vujanic: One of the better out there, colapsing works as well. I love it.
- (2018-01-10) Shane Connon: Worked fine until today. Now, css loads intermittently
- (2017-12-22) Jeremy Law: Seems to have problems with lists and sub-lists. Works well otherwise.
- (2017-11-24) Ulysses Wong: This is the best markdown plugin I have used. Accrod to the markdown file, it will create a menu, and it's easy to fix the positon where you want to view.
- (2017-11-04) Joseph Ellsworth: Just what I wanted. Much better accuracy than some others I tried.
- (2017-10-28) Reinier Rodríguez González: Great tool, simplifies work, makes it easier.
- (2017-09-07) 江南渔夫: 我看本地md文件会一直自动刷新，挺难受的
- (2017-08-07) Kyle Keating: Does not work for local .md files on a mac, seems like a huge use case to me