View markdown file in Chrome.
MarkView support Github Flavored Markdown, such as table, task list and so on. MarkView also provides table of content for document, fully customizable document and code view styling, and much more. User can use emoji in MarkView! Emoji usage: use alias ":smile:" or shortcut ":D" in Markdown file to represent "smile icon". Please check with MarkView Editor to play with it. The mapping table is here https://markview.bitbucket.io/icons/ MarkView support footnote, superscript, subscript, mark, insert and more. Please play with MarkView Editor to see the actions. Post installation: 1. You need to select "Allow access to file URLs" to access local files. 2. You need to click "options" link to go to option page which is located in chrome-extension://ehnambpmkdhopilaccgfmojilolcglhn/options.html PS: this extension is the same as the other one (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/markview/iaddkimmopgchbbnmfmdcophmlnghkim) keyword: markdown
- (2020-04-08) Tomasz Wójcik: Would be a five-star-app but it doesn't work with local files. It worked previously but now it throws a CORS-related exception.
- (2019-10-04) Shivam Sharma: It is the best among all the available ones and it's nearest to github theme too. It could be better if <hr> were plain and Injected CSS gets injected itself.
- (2019-02-05) Scott Hawker: I tried many different markdown viewers, and this is the best, hands down. The wysiwyg editor is also very nice.
- (2018-12-01) Karl N. Redman: I love the extension. IMHO this is the best markdown viewer out there. My only request is that the file extension could be customized: i.e. I view markdown files in a variety of file extensions like .vimwiki)
- (2018-08-17) Maurits de Jong: Deze Markdown-viewer doet wat ie moet doen: documenten met Markdown-opmaak correct weergeven. Geen additionele instellingen zijn noodzakelijk.
- (2018-04-13) William Cattey: After trying several different markdown viewers, this is the best so far. The other three I tried did not render tables. This one does. I gave four stars instead of five because the table rendering includes the vertical bars that defined the table in markdown, when I think it really should highlight the region in a different background, and not display the vertical bars.
- (2017-12-03) Rahul Shah: perfect - does what it says.
- (2017-05-08) Sungjune Lee: Best in this class
- (2016-12-02) 徐莉: Works Well and support Chinese!
- (2016-11-30) Jason Darrell: Does nothing - even the 'test sample' URL is broken. Woeful.
- (2016-09-20) Egidio Caleiro Santoro: awesome first impression
- (2016-08-08) Isabel Martinez: Doesn’t work with local files = unusable.
- (2016-07-13) Budianto Ip: Love it. Before start using, remember to allow access to local file urls in chrome://extensions/ list
- (2016-06-01) Joe Jansen: Doesn't seem to do anything. Links for samples and settings are broken (404)
- (2016-05-31) Joao Fernandes: Great it applys Latin chars just right.
- (2016-02-28) Fayang Pan: Works better than other extensions.
- (2016-02-19) John Lusk: Works better than Markdown Previewer Plus on markdown generated by emacs org-mode. Don't forget to allow access to local file urls in chrome://extensions/ list.
- (2016-01-12) Daniel Bhugon: What?! How does it work? Tried to open .md files a couple of different ways and nothing.
- (2015-11-01) Tobias Grasl: Doesn't seem to do anything, no obvious way to activate it. Then in the comments on this site is says its deprecated and use Markview. Why not remove it? Markview also questiobable, by the wau
- (2015-07-13) Sazzad Hossain Khan: Serving my purpose
- (2015-07-10) Charles Le: Doesn't support Tables.
- (2015-05-24) Gwendoline MEYER: Works fine, thanks!
- (2015-05-06) José Carlos Monteiro: Very good Markdown Preview, specially because of the TOC sidebar on the right.
- (2015-04-20) Phil 4000n: Unfortunately, does not support tables syntax
- (2014-02-03) Jan Prochazka: Not working
- (2013-06-27) Roman Petrovski: Would have been much more useful if it supported tables github style.
- (2020-02-23, v:2.6.5) Mike Lippert: local markdown files no longer render
All of a sudden (probably a chrome update) Local markdown files are not rendering when MarkView has been rendering them fine for ages. The console reports lots errors looking like: Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'file:///some/path/to/docs/gpg.md?rnd=1582479961961' from origin 'null' has been blocked by CORS policy: Cross origin requests are only supported for protocol schemes: http, data, chrome, chrome-extension, https. I'm running: Version 80.0.3987.87 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on LinuxMint 18.3 (64-bit)
- (2018-08-17, v:2.6.5) Maurits de Jong: Remove this extension in favour of the new one
You are commenting that one should remove this extension and download the extension located at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/markview/iaddkimmopgchbbnmfmdcophmlnghkim instead. Could you remove this extension in favour of the one linked to by you?
- (2016-12-05, v:2.5.48) Jon Cage: Add support for opening local files
If I open a file from the local file system on Windows I just see the raw markdown file not the reformatted version. It would be great if you handled local files like 'file:///C:/Users/user/Desktop/SomeMarkdownDoc.md'
- (2016-11-01, v:1.0.13) Irina Svetlowa: Extension buyout
Hi, I am interested in acquiring your extension "Markdown Viewer". Please contact me at: [email protected]
- (2016-08-23, v:1.0.13) Awer Muller: How do I use it?
I just installed the exception and then opened the file with Crhome, but it's not fotmatting it (same as opening it with notepad). I'm on Windows 10. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
- (2015-04-20, v:1.0.13) Phil 4000n: default font is small
Could you please increase by 5 to 10% the default font. Thanks
- (2015-04-20, v:1.0.13) Phil 4000n: No table support
No table support, eventhough they say they support it,maybe some regression bug? REf: http://shaneweng.com/blog/view-markdown-file-with-markview/ | Tables | Are | Cool | | ------------- |:-------------:| -----:| | col 3 is | right-aligned | $1600 | | col 2 is | centered | $12 | | zebra stripes | are neat | $1 |
- (2015-04-20, v:1.0.13) Phil 4000n: Blocquotes and code sample
Bloquotes should be more distinguishable from code sample blocks
- (2014-05-28, v:1.0.12) Ed Ruder: GFM line breaks aren't rendered properly
GFM inserts a <br> within a <p> element whenever there's a single line break in the source. Markdown Viewer apparently ignores single line breaks within a paragraph.
- (2013-10-12, v:1.0.8) 田舍汉: Render issue on list and numbered list.
Say document like this: ''' + xxx 1. xxx 2. xxx - xxx ''' The last line would be render as "3. xxx". But it should be a "new list".
- (2013-10-11, v:1.0.8) Andrew Yurisich: ~~Strikethrough~~ support.
Please allow users to render the ~~strikethrough~~ double-tilde style markdown (which renders in Github-style markdown parsers).