Export your Chrome History as an Excel-readable CSV file or as a JSON file.
To use this extension, click the puzzle piece in the top right, then click on Export Chrome History. This extension is limited by Chrome's 3 month limit - this is separate from your google account's history. If you have a Google account and need browser history from more than 3 months ago, please search online for help with Google Takeout instead. Version 18.104.22.168 * Indicate that the "Forever" option is limited by Chrome's 3 month (90 day) browsing history memory. * Pad the .csv minute and second times. For example, the time goes from 5:3:7 to 5:03:07 when viewed in plain text.
- (2023-10-13) Giovanni Smith: Simple and does what it says. Amazing!
- (2023-09-25) Frans Schrijver: Great extension to export the history. Just one suggestion: can you give the option to change the date format to for example dd-MM-yyyy? My version of Excel will then understand that it's a date. I saw in the source code that it can easily be done. Thanks!
- (2023-09-01) William Seneshen (Infideluxe): So SO Good. Really.
- (2023-08-29) ahmida bendjoudi: عمل جيد
- (2023-08-14) Katherine Leiter: I regularly have to document what I was working on/tasks. I generally record the project, but I will not always remember to write down the details. At the end of the month, having this csv available is a huge lifesaver!
- (2023-03-30) Ghida Kafrouny: Doesn't work only for a week... Month button doesn't work
- (2023-03-24) mark a: WOW this is great! If you need 90 days or less history in a spreadsheet that is detailed & cant get your history elsewhere this works well. I have a chrome profile I use with no google syncing & is private and this is a great way to save or view my past especially if my browser crashed before.
- (2023-02-17) Aine Keogh-Bell: Just wanted to say a HUGE thank you for this, you have no idea how much heartache and stress this extension saved me on my vintage-but-still-functional computer! :)
- (2023-01-20) Evan: Very good, work as expected !
- (2022-05-04) Johannah Rodgers: Thank you!
- (2022-04-07) Lissa Meade: Works great! Helps me to figure out how to log my time.
- (2022-04-04) Samuel Egger: Only exports some of the history. Probably just the local one. If I go to chrome://history there is much more.
- (2022-02-02) Ess En: I like it a lot, but it will only pull the most recent 90 days of history, even though I can see earlier than that in the browser.
- (2021-11-25) Manuel Sánchez Delgado: útil
- (2021-11-18) dom hr: Some of the history exported by this extension is incorrect. (some titles and URL are incorrect) The following is right: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/export-historybookmarks-t/dcoegfodcnjofhjfbhegcgjgapeichlf
- (2021-11-15) J Bruce Feynman Niccolo P. “Nic” Bentulan: been taking this for granted for months. great stuff. does what it says.
- (2021-10-28) Allison Galuska: This only downloads history for the current device. I wanted to download Google History that included mobile history. That is not possible with this extension.
- (2021-09-26) Tony Sodari: Does exactly what it claims. Very useful when I need to recovery history in a way that allows me to easily re-open multiple URIS
- (2021-04-21) A S: no bugs
- (2021-03-16) Md. Mehedi Hasan: This doesn't export all history
- (2021-02-21) Matt Hunt: Google allows you to download in JSON via their own service, but it was nicer getting it into CSV. Very quick to install, did the job, and required only the relevant permissions.
- (2021-02-03) John freezer: Works like a charm! Just wished I had found out Chrome limits history storage to 3 months :(
- (2021-01-25) Eric Hammes: No flair, works very well. Been using it for over a year. now without any complaints
- (2020-11-01) synchronizing synchronize: great
- (2020-04-11) foxvrl: Works fine and helped me a lot.
- (2020-03-08) SJ C: I've been trying multiple of this kind, and this extension has successfully captured all history.
- (2020-02-07) Fatih Kaya: This is the best history exporting extension. Thank you.
- (2023-07-12, v:22.214.171.124) Kennedy Bright: Order & ID significance
Hi there, I need to export the chrome history from a user profile I use across 8 different machines. I see that it exported all the history from all 8 machines, but I don't understand how to differentiate the traffic movement. Assuming that's what the order and ID columns are for, what do these columns mean?
- (2022-08-19, v:126.96.36.199) Norman Azimov: Export history from old history files.
I have been dumping chrome history from the chrome db as csv using a sqlite command. But recently Chrome has changed how it stores duplicate pages and they only appear once which is why I installed this extension (thanks!) . But I still need to export some of my older history db files which I have backed up. Is there a way to export from those backed up history db files?
- (2022-08-10, v:188.8.131.52) Hardy Eraso Moreno: What do do with either JSON or CSV files?
I exported Chrome history in two formats: JSON and CSV. I installed Chrome in another PC and I need to import browsing history from old PC. When I click on the CSV, Excel opens it. When I click on the json file nothing happens. I don't know how to restore browsing history from json or csv file. Please, can you provide a clear explanation?
- (2022-05-22, v:184.108.40.206) Roger Beck: downloading only the current day
downloading only the current day no matter what I specify. Chrome is up to date Version 101.0.4951.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2022-03-12, v:220.127.116.11) Heather Stansbury: nothing happens when I hit the download button
Where is the file stored?
- (2022-03-07, v:18.104.22.168) Bianca Tan: How to Import?
I already downloaded the csv and json files, but now I want to import it to another Google account? How do I do that?
- (2021-11-22, v:22.214.171.124) Nikhil Torsekar: 404 Error
I get a 404 error whenever I try to use the extension in Chrome. I'm using See screenshot here: https://www.screencast.com/t/169j5pKAP I'm using Version 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2021-08-31, v:126.96.36.199) Erik Revard: VisitCount and TypedCount
Does the VisitCount column cap at 1084? And what does the TypedCount column signify?
- (2021-07-20, v:188.8.131.52) Import Chrome history
Hi, Once you download your browser history, how you can import it in other chrome account? I want to keep my browser history and migrate it from one account to another.
- (2021-01-25, v:184.108.40.206) minha noor: Time stamp in ms
Hi, This is a great extension. I am currently working on a university project, and I am experimenting if I can use the data of my browser history for it. I wanted to know if its possible to get the time stamp in milliseconds? Or if I can convert it somehow using the export? I am assuming you used the chrome.history API.
- (2020-09-03, v:220.127.116.11) Francis Fillion 1: Triggering the extension
I have installed the extension. THis is likely a weird question to you, but how do I trigger the extension to generate an export? Francis
- (2020-08-15, v:18.104.22.168) Ian Yt: How to remove it?
Please tell me how to remove it to account
- (2020-08-15, v:22.214.171.124) Ian Yt: How to remove it?
How to removed it to my desktop please help... I'm using (android)
- (2020-07-07, v:126.96.36.199) Wa Qas: Visit Count Means
Hello - What do you mean by 'visit count' on the spreadsheet? Thanks for creating an amazing extension