Allows to export Chrome history and bookmarks into JSON file, which can be converted to CSV/XLS/XLSX file at http://www.json-xls.com
Save Chrome history and bookmarks as JSON files. Click on 'Chrome History.json' or 'Chrome Bookmarks.json' button to download JSON file with your browser history/bookmarks. If you want to convert downloaded JSON file to CSV/XLS/XLSX format please use online converter http://www.JSON-XLS.com/json2xls. NOTICE: This extension doesn't export history or bookmarks into CSV or Microsoft Excel Binary File Format (.xls) file. Any JSON file can be converted to CSV/XLS/XLSX format at http://json-xls.com/. ----------- v2.0: - Fixed download if "Ask where to save each file before downloading" is Checked in Chrome's Settings v1.9: - JSON files have been formatted! v1.8: - Extension requires 'Manage your downloads' permission (for Chrome v65.0.3325.181 or later)! v1.6: - Two new limits were added for history records: 100K and 500K! v1.4: - Allows to limit number of history records! v1.3: - CSV/TSV formats are available! v1.2: - human readable format for date/time stamp!
- (2019-12-04) Mark Diez: Works quickly and is intuitive. Users who don't want to open the online converter can simply uncheck the checkbox in the dialog box -- or if you forget to do that, just close the new browser tab that comes up. If you open the JSON file in Wordpad (in Windows 10) and save the file as type RTF, the URLs will become active links.
- (2019-11-26) Jaime Love: Simple job to do and it was easily done. The formatting is lack-luster, but all the info was organized quickly!
- (2019-11-17) Truong Ha: I Cant download json file
- (2019-11-04) Danial Shaikh: THIS APP JUST DOESNT WORK. REDIRECTS TO ANOTHER CONVERTER FILE AND YES, MY CHROME IS TOTALLY UPDATED. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME! NOT EVEN SURE MY CHROME BOOKMARKS AND HISTORY IS SAFE OR THIS SCAM CHROME EXTENSION HAS JUST TAKEN EVERYTHING AWAY! EXTREMLY DISAPPOINTED!
- (2019-08-26) Robert DuWors: "Extension requires 'Manage your downloads' permission" Rather than snark over and over, explain how to do it! Not obvious.
- (2019-02-23) Marina Oliveira: Ok, I got exported my history, but now how to import?
- (2018-11-28) Gaurang Tandon: Works quickly and is intuitive. Users who don't want to open the online converter can simply uncheck the checkbox in the dialog box. To developer, you can use JSON.stringify(historyRecordString, null, 4); or something similar to generate a pretty output of the JSON file instead of putting everything in one line. As much as I want my history records, I also want them to be readable :)
- (2018-10-10) Mati Roy: I like it except it limits to the last 500,000 history records.
- (2018-08-21) Tony Puglisi: does not save file, forces page redirect to json converter
- (2018-05-27) Heymr Paul: Brings you to a page so you can upload it to a converter. Gave me no results and showed me no file. It only brings you to this page to make you download yet another piece of software. What kind of software and what spyware is in it is anyones guess. AVOID THIS ENTIRELY.
- (2018-03-09) Flavio Silva: Grande sacada
- (2018-02-18) Josh Comley: This does exactly what it says it will do, got my bookmarks in JSON perfectly
- (2018-01-20) Thu Nguyen Thi: good
- (2018-01-08) Janardan Misra: Junk!
- (2018-01-05) Milciades Gómez: MALO
- (2017-11-28) David C: Doesn't work
- (2017-11-22) Encore Télévision: CA MARCHE PAS TABARNAK!!!
- (2017-10-07) Bruno OS: very nice
- (2017-09-25) aymen opa: Your rating: Hated it
- (2017-02-12) charlene gardiner: Lazy
- (2017-01-01) Nikolai Koudelia: Works like a charm, thanks!
- (2016-11-29) Gersivan Oliveira: Seria ideal se baixasse diretamente a planilha com o histórico. Precisa ser mais prático.
- (2016-10-09) Samsu Boong: Krångligt dessutom vill ha pengar
- (2016-07-08) private name: should export direct to xls/xlsx/ods
- (2016-05-20) Russell Ridge: Doesn't disclose very limited export unless you subscribe
- (2019-11-06, v:1.9) Zeljko Micic: JSON
What's the location of downloaded JSON file? I didn't get the option to save it to desired location. Does this extension works with newest Chrome Version 78.0.3904.87?
- (2018-05-23, v:1.8) Jochem Stoel: Periodically import/export
I would like to periodically export bookmarks/history to a specified location, overwriting if possible. For instance once every time I start Chrome. Can you add this functionality or should I unpack your plugin and add it myself?
- (2018-05-23, v:1.8) JSON file not downloading
H, When we click on 'Chrome Bookmarks.JSON' button a file is downloaded but that fileis not a .json file. Please fix the issue.
- (2018-03-06, v:1.5) Muhammad Bilal: Older History
How do I see more than 50000 older records?
- (2017-11-28, v:1.3) Gavin White: A Valid JSON is Required
Where / how do I get this?
- (2017-11-10, v:1.3) Kathryn Gorham: cancel my subscription
I had to run a screen video on the history for the employee meeting tomorrow. This extension would not export. Kept crashing when the window opened up to save. I have screen video of it crashing multiple times. REFUND me. Also I think you charged me twice. I cancelled one when it had my company name for the card. Then I did it with my personal name. I got 2 texts from my credit card company saying there were charges. Refund everything. I wil report it to my credit card as non-functioning software.
- (2017-11-09, v:1.3) Kathryn Gorham: can't print
Paid for the 2.99 to get .csv file. I click the icon. Get the box history.json or box history.csv. I click history.csv. Pop-up with where to save the file then it in seconds it's gone. I've tried repeatedly. MacBookPro Sierra 10.12.6 Chrome 61.0. I've rebooted. I've restarted Chrome. Can't get it to function. IF I CAN'T GET IT TO WORK TONIGHT ... WON'T BE OF ANY USE. NEED IT FOR EMPLOYEE REVIEW TOMORROW.
- (2016-08-16, v:1.2) Vitaly qwery: Feature request
There will be also good feature to add import form generated file. It's useful when you don't have access to google services or just don't want to use google sync for bookmarks.
- (2016-07-11, v:1.2) pogue972: Once exported, how do you import back in?
So, I exported my history to a json file, and I downloaded the JSONView extension so I can see the history file, but how to I import it back as my history?