View markdown file in Chrome.
MarkView support Github Flavored Markdown, such as table, task list and so on. MarkView also provides table of content for document, fully customizable document and code view styling, and much more. User can use emoji in MarkView! Emoji usage: use alias ":smile:" or shortcut ":D" in Markdown file to represent "smile icon". Please check with MarkView Editor to play with it. The mapping table is here https://markview.bitbucket.io/icons/ MarkView support footnote, superscript, subscript, mark, insert and more. Please play with MarkView Editor to see those actions. Post installation: 1. You need to select "Allow access to file URLs" to access local files. 2. You need to click "options" link to go to option page which is located in chrome-extension://iaddkimmopgchbbnmfmdcophmlnghkim/options.html keyword: markdown
- (2021-08-17) 耿昌宇: Great MD viewer. But it cannot view file URLs due to CORS error Now.
- (2019-04-09) Sulhan Setiawan: You should make it recognize rst files too, so I don't have to change rst file extension into md
- (2017-11-21) 罗宸: 不错的浏览器被动技能 :) 只是觉得目前的样式不够漂亮(比如我觉得行距有点小), 如果能多一些选择或者可以自定义的话,就完美了. PS: 放一个强大的隐藏技能: chrome-extension://iaddkimmopgchbbnmfmdcophmlnghkim/options.html 这里有各种高级设置, 还能打开隐藏的编辑器.
- (2017-05-21) Mike Lippert: I write markdown files often, and this is my goto extension so that I can use any old text editor and get a preview of what it will look like. It's also great for viewing other documentation files from projects that are written using markdown.
- (2016-12-15) Alan Boshier: Have been using this with no problems but now Chrome reports that "MarkView requires more permissions": - Read and change all your data on websites you visit. - Manage your downloads I'm not about to enable that for a markdown viewer.
- (2016-08-24) Massimo Coletti: Requires signing in to some strange site. No way.
- (2016-07-07) Simon Lu: MultiMarkdown support pls. Can not parse metadata in MultiMarkdown.
- (2016-07-04) Frank Ellermann: Requires some obscure login.
- (2016-06-08) Graham Britten: I'm sure it works well, but the required login in to 3rd party site is a non-starter - why do 'advanced features' require a login at all?
- (2016-05-16) Ocie Mitchell: "soft crashes" my mac when I click on the permissions link.
- (2016-05-09) Stephen Wade: Excellent, worked well straight away! It spaces sub-lists a little awkwardly e.g. for - item 1 - sub-item 1 sub-item 1 appears a little too close to item 1. Otherwise all the features worked nicely so far.
- (2016-05-03) Trygve Aasjord: The login is bad. I don't understand why one would need to login anywhere to use an extension, even if you can use a "guest account".
- (2016-04-20) Nikolay Borzov: Works well
- (2016-03-25) Mickaël Guilloux: Support UTF-8 encoding. Generate a contents table from titles.
- (2016-03-05) Michael Behrens: Make sure you enable the extension access to local file URLs so that it can render your local files. :)
- (2016-03-05) Arjun Rao: This is an awesome extension. however, could you please enable a way to disable highlighting for indented code blocks and fenced code blocks for which the language is not specified? I usually use indented code blocks to display non-code preformatted text and the highlighting makes things irritating to read.
- (2016-02-03) Al St: I second reviews that requiring a login to the 3p site is a deal breaker. It looks like a spyware as well.
- (2016-01-12) Daniel Bhugon: Doesn't work. Tries to log in to strange website and then does nothing with md files. Is this a scam?
- (2016-01-10) Sivakumar Ekambaram: Excellent! Nice to have a edit feature too.
- (2015-12-30) I really want to use this extension, but I work in a place that has aggressive security policies and it doesn't work in this case. Requiring a logon to an external site just to use it makes this a non-starter. Steve Jobs once said that "If it requires a stylus, you have failed." Likewise if an extension requires a login, you have failed.
- (2015-12-12) Peter Irlam: Love It!!! Made chrome my default handler for md files after this. The index on the right is just gravy!
- (2015-11-01) Tobias Grasl: Why does it immediately connect to some website when I click the Markview button? In addition, after that nothing happens, loading an .MD file does not format it. Rubbish!
- (2015-07-16) Vikas Putcha: perfectly serves the purpose. opted in for its completness
- (2015-05-01) Sylvain Chamberland: I've tried many extensions to display MarkDown. MarkView is the best by far. I particularly like the content outline feature (a sort of table of contents) that's always displayed. It's a perfect companion to StackEdit, which does not allow viewing or editing more than one document at a time. The only flaw: there should be a better description on the Chrome web store, with better tags for search.
- (2015-04-09) Cutsin Liu: 目前没见过比它好的
- (2015-03-06) Works perfectly, with many options (although the default settings are perfect for me).
- (2020-02-27, v:2.6.5) Scott Bestvater: Chrome 80
Hello, this no longer seems to work properly with Chrome 80.x. Any plans for an update?
- (2018-08-17, v:2.6.5) Maurits de Jong: div#markdown-outline automatic inline style
The div with id 'markdown-outline' gets automatically assigned an inline style "left: <some-value>; overflow-y: auto; max-height: <some-value>;", which breaks the page layout when resizing. How can I circumvent that?
- (2017-06-30, v:2.6.5) Shrek Jones: MarkView no longer opens local Markdown .md files (eg. c:\)
MarkView plugin used to support opening local markdown file. Now the file just gets treated as a 'copy' and downloads - does not open the MarkView renderer. Latest Chrome obviously now needs some extra properties to associate the .md, .markdown files with the plugin. Please can you test Thanks :) NB: 'Allow access to file urls already checked'
- (2017-05-10, v:2.6.0) Text is breaking middle of word for wrapped text
Hi Shane, With the latest update; for long paragraphs; at the end of the line the text is breaking (wrapping to the next line) in the middle of a word. Can you revert the behavior so that long lines break on spaces or punctuation (not in the middle of latin text). Thanks, Jay
- (2017-01-19, v:2.5.48) Anthony Howe: Table issue
Cannot escape pipe in a table cell either with | or \| Last row last cell appears to be missing on a table.
- (2016-08-12, v:2.5.46) Linking to headings (auto-anchors)
Most Markdown processors support linking to heading by name by use of an auto-generated anchor (ala GFM) https://github.com/aogilvie/markdownLinkTest/blob/master/README.md Please add support for auto-generating tags from the Heading name. Details: - Strip # prefix from heading - Replace ' ' with '-' - Lowercase all
- (2016-08-01, v:2.5.46) Ext Guru: Partnership request!
Hello! I represent the company EXT.GURU. I have reviewed your extension, and I would like to invite you to work with our company. I have analyzed, that your extension "MarkView" can bring you a guaranteed high income. You can get the maximum profit with our automatic service for monetizing browser extensions, while our advertising is not annoying or malicious, and does not prevent the extension of functionality. Our system optimizes traffic from around the world. We provide coordination of all the nuances and suggestions of webmasters. Payments are carried out upon request during one hour at a convenient system to you. We would also like to note that our system does not interfere with other systems of monetization, you can plug in our program as an additional method to generate an income. If you have any other extensions, we can discuss. We look forward to collaborating. Sincerely EXT.GURU team. Contacts ICQ: 654784658 Jabber: [email protected] Skype: extguru [email protected] [email protected]
- (2016-02-29, v:2.5.46) Mike Foster: After "source" cannot return to html view
After clicking the "source" button, how do you get it to render that file as html again?
- (2015-07-03, v:2.5.42) Philip Chang: How to set total width
I love the extension. But the markdown is not filling all the width and I'd like to configure the width. How do I do this?
- (2014-06-05, v:2.4.5) Tyler Collier: Auto refresh local files
MarkView is awesome! It would really handy if it could detect file changes and automatically refresh (saving any scroll position).
- (2014-06-05, v:2.4.5) Hao Xin: syntax highlighting upon reloading
Syntax highlighting will be missing upon auto reload local file when file is changed. I have to refresh the browser to get the highlight back. I am using Chrome Version 35.0.1916.114 m