The Syntax Highlighter for Chrome
Sight is the Syntax Highlighter Chrome extension that makes reading code on the browser a joy. You can choose the theme, font, font size and toggle line numbers on the options page. To force a specific language syntax pass #ft=[lang] on the url of the file and reload.
- (2020-04-05) Budi Arsana: No support for YAML, no documentation how to customize.
- (2019-07-07) Tymski: Crashes browser tab on large files.
- (2019-01-16) Danny Schlitt: Love the themes and the formatting for json! Please add line wrap support and I'd rate 5 stars, some json strings I need to view are simply wayyyyyyyy to long for one line.
- (2018-09-05) Muntashir Al-Islam: One of the best syntax highlighter out there. It also reformats the file, which is also a clever idea.
- (2018-08-21) Stoyan Penev: Not working
- (2018-05-16) Ansel Zandegran: Would love to have an ability to pause it when not needed.
- (2017-12-26) Roman Murashov: Perfect.
- (2017-11-03) Khải Hoàng: This is the best I find so far
- (2017-08-15) Victor Șaptefrați: please add auto-format minified code.
- (2017-06-02) Alex W.: No line wrap :(
- (2017-05-17) Derek Haupin: Hmm. Its pretty, but no line wrapping option. This makes it completely useless for minified/optimized resources.
- (2017-04-27) Jon Clark: Lots of themes to choose from - line numbers, all the goodies you would expect. Does what I need it to.
- (2016-09-01) Iung Herman Mihail: Awesome but doesn't work under the "view source" ? That would have been the ultimate developer live-support tool.
- (2016-06-21) very useful to a web developer, thanks.
- (2016-06-18) Dan Goodliffe: Spot on... don't forget to allow access to file URLs :-)
- (2016-04-27) Amadeus Mozart: excellent
- (2015-11-09) Jakub Hantak: cool plugin.. work fine
- (2015-10-14) Luca Sartori: Just what I needed.
- (2015-07-11) Jordan Harris: Great extension! It's working really well for C++ and I love the color themes it has. Much better than the other extensions I found. For the Visual Studio template, I would like to suggest trying to make class names have that light blue color like in VS2013 and VS2015.
- (2015-06-19) Andrew A: Does exactly what it says. Sometimes I view svn repos on my web browser and it is nice to get highlighting without having to download a file and open it in an editor (especially if it isn't my main computer with a text editor/IDE). Works great
- (2015-04-21) Deepak Venkatesan: Why the line numbers are removed? (-2 * for that)
- (2015-03-10) Travis Sims: No line numbers. Broke disabling JS cache -- a CRITICAL bug for web development.
- (2015-03-03) Cj Welborn: It keeps trying to highlight my local HTML files. Shouldn't you let the browser parse the HTML and display instead? Sight interferes with the styling of the background and text when viewing these files. They only show correctly when I disable the extension.
- (2014-11-20) Jose Orihuela: I use it all the time, at home and office!
- (2019-03-19, v:1.20.0) please add protobuf support
please add protobuf support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2018-05-12, v:1.20.0) Polynár Dávid: HTML
Pls add .html highlighting
- (2018-04-13, v:1.20.0) how to exclude markdown files
Hi there, Very cool. But how do I exclude Markdown files? I'd rather they were formatted with a Markdown interpreter extension. Thanks, Steven
- (2018-03-01, v:1.20.0) Nick Ellsworth: PSA: Workaround for custom fonts
If you go in your web inspector and change the value of one of the dropdown options to a font name on your computer, you can then use that font for your syntax highlighting.
- (2018-03-01, v:1.20.0) Nick Ellsworth: Italics
Is there support for italics in syntax highlighting? If I'm using Operator Mono, for instance, it switches to script for italics which makes comments stand out more easily.
- (2017-09-22, v:1.20.0) Amlanjyoti Saikia: XML support
Does this work with XML files? Because it didn't work for me at least. If possible add XML support.
- (2017-06-02, v:1.20.0) Alex W.: Line wrap
Please add line wrapping..
- (2017-03-10, v:1.20.0) Christiaan Bloemendaal: Fold functions
Would be great to be able to fold functions so that you only see the function name.
- (2017-03-06, v:1.20.0) Carlos Filoteo: Pretty print
Would be great if this extension could pretty print minified files.
- (2016-12-01, v:1.20.0) Christian Stene Bakkhaug: rashes page when I download xls file
The plugin crashes the page I'm browsing when I press "download this" on a xls-file.