Encoding/Decoding Plugin for various types of encoding like base64, rot13 or unix timestamp conversion
This extension enables you to encode and decode selected text via the context menu. This reduces the time you spend on looking up values and gives you more time to concentrate on the important things of development. Version 1.3.0 introduced a new in-clipboard-conversion which will allow you to copy text into your clipboard and select a conversion from the menu(when no text is selected). After the conversion the new text ist pasted back into your clipboard. The context menu this extension enables is customizable through the options page. To get there either click on the item or go to Wrench -> Tools -> Extensions -> d3coder options. Via the popup you are able to choose between 5 message types: alert the result, display the result via native HTML5 notifications, inject a DIV-element to the pages bottomm, via console.log() or replacing the selected text on the page. You can also deactivate functions( e.g. if you don't need and want to free the space they use). The current version has implemented the following en-/decoding functions: - Unix Timestamp - rot13 - base64 - CRC32/MD5/SHA1 hashing - bin2hex - bin2txt - HTML entity - HTML specialchars - URI encode - Quoted printables - Escapeshellarg - (PHP) Unserialize - "L33T"-speak - reverse
- (2018-06-29) Clauton Lopes: installshield wizard error
- (2017-09-20) It does the job, however, it breaks some websites (ex: listmoz.com)
- (2016-12-13) Lance E Sloan: It works in a lot of cases, but I've just noticed while working with quoted-printable text that it doesn't do that very well. For example, the string "=E2=80=94" should decode to "—", but this extension shows "â". Also, "=E2=80=99" should decode to "’", but it gave "â" again. It doesn't handle the "=" linebreaks correctly, either. The decoded text includes a lot of equal signs in them.
- (2016-07-19) Amy Powell: Very useful tool! A bit difficult to understand how to use at first. It looks like the bugs mentioned in earlier reviews have been addressed which makes this a valuable resource.
- (2015-08-27) Pedram Azimaie: When you cannot save/copy decode result. this extension is useless.
- (2015-08-05) Ross Patterson: Took me way too long to look for a tool like this.
- (2015-07-16) Colin Harms: In place base64 decode? Aw yiss
- (2015-04-19) Confused Brit: Good enough for rot13, but translations from base64 end up with gibberish ocluding half the message
- (2015-02-09) ashish kumar: good
- (2013-07-19) Arsène von Wyss: Great extension, but unfortunately the one decoder I used is buggy: the quoted-printable decoder doesn't decode the line continuations ("= " at line end) correctly.
- (2013-05-21) NFY Newsfactory: great tool - please add json decode
- (2013-03-07) Yayan Mulyana: Love it, But how to copy the results ? I mean to clipboard.
- (2012-12-04) Albert Yu: it would be best if it support url-decode (i.e. %20 => " " , %3C => "<", etc).
- (2012-12-03) Ken Gant: Love the different encodings & decodings. You (the developer) might simply mention in your front page that a user needs to go to the Chrome Settings page for Extensions to change the d3coder options, such as copying the results to the clipboard (super helpful!)
- (2016-12-13, v:2.0.6) Lance E Sloan: Incorrect quoted-printable decoding
It works in a lot of cases, but I've just noticed while working with quoted-printable text that it doesn't do that very well. For example, the string "=E2=80=94" should decode to "—", but this extension shows "â ". Also, "=E2=80=99" should decode to "’", but it gave "â " again. It doesn't handle the "=" linebreaks correctly, either. The decoded text includes a lot of equal signs in them.
- (2016-10-08, v:2.0.6) Cherif Mhd: page facebook dechiffrer (not found)
Page facebook not found, just numbers and letters all the page.
- (2016-07-30, v:2.0.5) Ext Guru: Partnership request
Hello! I represent the company EXT.GURU. I have reviewed your extension, and I would like to invite you to work with our company. I have analyzed, that your extension "d3coder" can bring you a guaranteed high income. You can get the maximum profit with our automatic service for monetizing browser extensions, while our advertising is not annoying or malicious, and does not prevent the extension of functionality. Our system optimizes traffic from around the world. We provide coordination of all the nuances and suggestions of webmasters. Payments are carried out upon request during one hour at a convenient system to you. We would also like to note that our system does not interfere with other systems of monetization, you can plug in our program as an additional method to generate an income. If you have any other extensions, we can discuss. We look forward to collaborating. Sincerely EXT.GURU team. Contacts ICQ: 654784658 Jabber: [email protected] Skype: extguru [email protected] [email protected]
- (2016-05-20, v:2.0.5) Christoph Rackwitz: hex decode
Hi! I'd like to see something that can decode "AB CD EF"-style hex. Thanks!
- (2016-04-29, v:2.0.5) L. Donovan Heinz: ROT-47
It would be quite easy to add ROT-47 to the decoding possibilities.
- (2015-07-11, v:2.0.5) Mark Lawrence: Make the output more useable
A really like this extension, but I'd love it to be more user friendly. It should be very simple to change the output from: A message box with an OK button, to A textbox, so that users have the ability to easily copy out the en/decoded text? Is this a possibility?
- (2015-04-16, v:2.0.5) Евгений Кочергин: need
please add convert: inet_ntoa Inet_aton
- (2014-12-17, v:2.0.4) Duwial Hakvoort: unserialize not working
The unserialize option is not working for me. It's not showing in the popup and it's not being set on my clipboard.
- (2014-02-28, v:2.0.3) Elizabeth Synge: Context menu changes don't always work
The feature to adjust context what appears on the context menu only seems to work when I right click with nothing selected. When I select text and then right click on the selected text, I still get the full list of options.
- (2013-05-03, v:2.0.2) Brendan Fortune: Add morse code to the list of encoders/decoders
Really like your extension... could you add a morse code encoder/decoder to the functionality?