A regex engine to handle basic regular expressions on all viewed pages.
Whether you want to consolidate your cloud-to-butt and your xkcd inspired s/keyboard/leopard extensions, or just do a simple regex replace on all pages, this extension is for you. With a quick engine that doesn't interrupt page display and an easy way to add new expressions, Regex Replace is what you need to do fast and easy regex replacements on every page you see.
- (2020-08-08) Taki: Easy to use, you don't have to click it so it can work, it's automatic and very well developed.
- (2020-04-12) Udit mehra: thanks so much worked for me i am using many of extension but they are not work thanks so much ihave 6000 tables to replace company name now done thanks so much best replace extension
- (2020-03-16) Autoplay: Awesome!
- (2019-07-06) Aleksandr Agafonov: работает отлично, с русским тоже
- (2019-04-09) Dustin Davis: I use this to replace text in tutorials so I can copy and past commands to match my custom environment. There are a few more features I'd like to see: 1. Edit regex 2. Case insensitive option
- (2019-03-06) Ilker YÜKSEK: Çok kullanışlı bir araç..
- (2019-02-26) Vander Karl: Struggles to perform the bare minimum necessary. I don't know if this is an unforeseen bug or what, but it always runs the code twice. This is obviously problematic, as you would then have to code exceptions to make sure every single rule knows when it has already run (sometimes this is just about impossible). If this were the ONLY problem, I might still begrudgingly use it. However... You cannot go back and edit rules. If you want to make a slight adjustment to the rule, you have to delete and replace it. You cannot change the position of rules. The rules run in order from top to bottom, and there is no fast method to change positions. Those two problems make it so any decently long and moderately complex rule list is made EXTREMELY tedious and strenuous to maintain. All three problems make the extension borderline useless. Only use this extension if you're going to use extremely simple and short rule lists. It's fine for simple censure or gaffs, but anything more and working around all these issues becomes borderline impossible.
- (2018-12-01) Аndrew B: Doesn't appear to be able to replace html.
- (2018-05-21) Vlad Epifanov: 10 computer leopards out of 10
- (2017-08-17) Ich: didnt work for me with search: multiple="multiple" tabindex="1" size="5" replace: multiple="multiple" tabindex="1" size="10"
- (2017-03-21) Eric Tully: Have tried multiple regex search/replace extensions. This is the best I've found. I'll never have to see curly quotes or em dashes again. :)
- (2017-02-03) Warmuser: These extension is WONDERFUL!!! :D
- (2017-01-12) Robert Potter: Works. Will not replace text in Disqus comments. Will not replace text in URLs (I guess that's a security feature?). I wanted to undo Disqus's redirection of web links to their own site, but this tool won't do that.
- (2016-02-05) Spectre: So many words I never have to see again. So many webpages made funnier. 10 out of 10. Would download again.
- (2015-06-11) Udo M. Rader: if you need one extension, then it is this one :)
- (2015-01-17) Mike Janson: Minimal but it does the job as well as could be desired. It's not mentioned but you can use \b to set up word boundaries.
- (2021-05-03, v:0.0.4) yiu chau lin: Entry Limit
Is there a limit to the number of terms to find and replace?
- (2020-12-12, v:0.0.4) Willie P: devtools
will this work in/with devtools?
- (2019-11-22, v:0.0.4) BlewTooth: Certain regular expressions break websites
I have noticed that this extension breaks some websites including the google.com homepage and search page when using two basic regular expressions such as: /[lr]/gi /n(?=[aieou])/gi I'm sure there are many more regular expressions that will also do this.
- (2018-08-14, v:0.0.1.3) Backup
How can I save backup to load my regex in new SO installations?
- (2018-03-08, v:0.0.1.2) Alejandro Fuentes: How does it work?
How do I use it? Any manual?
- (2017-02-23, v:0.0.1.2) Philip McGeehan: Replace div id
Can this replace the id of a div? I'd like to be able to change: <div id="__nq__hh" to: <div id="somethingelse" Thanks
- (2016-10-02, v:0.0.1.2) PrimeTime Sports & Entertainment Inc.: Trying to replace text with an image
Trying to replace 'London Knights' with "<img src="http://www.goclutch.com/ryerson/images/logos/CHL/OHL/LON.png" height=25>" Any way to make this work?
- (2016-02-02, v:0.0.1.2) dRAke RafE: its working ...
but ... its not working when its real html like <body> or any other element i want to replace : <img src="blabla" to : <img src="../blabla" how can i replace that sir ?
- (2015-05-08, v:0.0.1.2) Ich: use it with wildcards?
How to use it with wildcards? as example http://.*/out\.php?s=http://.* -> http://$2 would be nice too if to see other example with regex too