Get more done in Salesforce - list and search records, make new ones, create a task or login as on the fly!
This extension helps you get to any Salesforce page quickly. Just type in what you need to do! Compatible with Lightning and Classic NOTE: If you have a custom instance Domain Name, you must create a CSP Trusted Site Definition for your Classic domain URL in order for this extension to work - more info here https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.lightning.meta/lightning/csp_trusted_sites.htm Open the Navigator and - [NEW FEATURE] Add tasks on the fly by typing "! <your task>" - [NEW FEATURE] Search all records with "? <search terms>" - Go to your Home page with "Home" - Object List views with "List <Object>" - Create a new record with "New <Object>" - Go directly a Setup page by typing it's name - Access Object customizations with "<Object> <Section>" (e.g. "Contact Fields") - Switch between Lightning and Classic with "Toggle Lightning" - Commands looking weird? Run "Refresh Metadata" to make sure you have what you need - Login as another user with "Login as <partial match of username>" ** You can hold shift or control when you press enter or click your mouse to open the selected item in a new tab ** Default shortcut keys (use Command instead of Control on Mac, and/or customize your options at chrome://extensions/shortcuts) - Control + Shift + Space: Navigator Bar - Control + Shift + A: Lightning App Menu - Control + Shift + 1: Tasks - Control + Shift + 2: Reports
- (2019-10-08) Ian Kang: Very useful tool, but there are rooms for improvement. For example, it takes me back to Classic UI which I hate.
- (2019-09-25) Ben Gottesman: This is a must have utility for Salesforce admins and anyone else who is constantly moving around to different parts of Salesforce (different objects, setup, reports, etc.). The Classic version of the utility was good but sometimes had to be refreshed. Lightning version of the utility is much more reliable.
- (2019-07-16) David Cheng: A big THANK YOU for porting this to Lightning. Note that there are still some instances in which this version does not work in Lightning or Classic. When you try to invoke the navigation bar, there's an error in the browser console: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of null at <anonymous>:2:48 (anonymous) @ VM312:2" and "document.getElementById("sfnav_searchBox").style.zIndex = 9999" Haven't been able to determine what setting or characteristic of the instance causes the issue. Note that the original version doesn't work in these instances either, but there's no console error then.
- (2019-07-11) Jake Richter: This extension keeps me from switching to classic.
- (2019-04-22) Ian Wilson: My company is in the process of transitioning to Lightning and I was terrified when I realized that the original "Salesforce Navigator" extension wasn't compatible. It was an absolute game changer for me as a Salesforce admin & developer. Luckily I found this amazing extension, which takes all of the benefits of the original and adds a number of features that are huge improvements (such as the ability to login as another user on the fly). I'm very grateful that this was developed - it should be #1 on the list of must-haves for any Salesforce admin. You'll never be able to live without it once you try it.
- (2019-04-18) David Smith: Fantastic that this works in Lightning! It's a shame that it doesn't work automatically in classic, I operate across 40 or so instances so it's not really viable to add the necessary settings to each org. However, the old version still works so I just run both.
- (2019-04-04) Michael Beaty: I have missed this functionality since Salesforce Lightning came out. Often colleagues would switch to Classic just to develop with this tool, with it available in lightning now, it has substantially increased the speed with which I can work and configure the system. Thank you so much for putting this together, I have missed this functionality greatly!!
- (2019-03-14) Jason True: Works great! Loving it in classic and lightning
- (2020-01-26, v:2.4.9) Erica Perez: Nothing happening
Hello, I have just installed but have been unable to successfully get the search screen to show up. CTRL + SHIFT + SPACE is doing nothing for me. When I click on the extension in the browser header, I am not prompted with any settings to change the keys. Any suggestions?
- (2019-12-11, v:2.4.9) Simon Ooley: Open Search Box Error
I am unable to execute the Open Search Box command (SHIFT + COMMAND + SPACE). All other Shortcuts work well. Is there anything I am doing that would block or cause the command not to work? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated
- (2019-11-20, v:2.4.9) David Cheng: Uncaught TypeError
There are some instances where the action bar doesn't appear in Lightning or Classic. When you try to invoke it, there's an error in the browser console: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of null at <anonymous>:2:48 (anonymous) @ VM312:2" and "document.getElementById("sfnav_searchBox").style.zIndex = 9999" Haven't been able to determine what setting or characteristic of the instance causes the issue. Note that the original version doesn't work in these instances either, but there's no console error then.
- (2019-11-13, v:2.4.9) Brett Martin: Unable to open Search box
I have tried changing the Shortcut commands but am still unable to get the Search box to open. All other features/shortcuts work, just not what is normally mapped to CTRL + SHIFT + SPACE.
- (2019-10-28, v:2.4.9) Brent Mennen: Field Service Objects
Whenever I try to go to any object related to field service I am directed to about:blank. All other objects seem to be working fine.
- (2019-10-18, v:2.4.9) David Smith: Flow path broken
The current "Flow" shortcut goes to /lightning/setup/InteractionProcesses/home, instead of /lightning/setup/Flows/home
- (2019-09-23, v:2.4.9) Daniel Deepak: Option menu for the extension is not working
I disabled the extension and enabled it. After that the option menu is greyed out I couldn't access them and the extension is also not working
- (2019-09-04, v:2.4.9) Kristen Owens: Product2 Object
Hi! I've noticed a bug with the Lightning Navigator plugin - the links to the Product object reference the deprecated object with the API Name "Product", rather than the actual object currently in use by the platform, "Product2". Going to the List Product/New Product links takes you to an error screen, but interestingly going to Product > Fields for example still takes you to an object definition. It is just not the right object's definition. For pure Sales or Service Orgs, Product is not *always* a key object. However for any admin with CPQ/Q2C, this is definitely a major problem. Thanks for looking into it!
- (2019-08-27, v:2.4.9) Michael Beaty: Any possibility of working with Managed Package Objects?
I work with the NPSP and EDA managed packages from Salesforce.org quite frequently, any change this will/can be updated to work with the Custom Objects that come in managed packages? It seems to partially work in Classic, i.e. I can get to the Object page from Home, but in Lightning it doesn't seem to recognize them at all.
- (2019-08-20, v:2.4.9) Joshua Dreiling: Accessing Lightning Experience pages
This works great with lightning experience (which is awesome), but is there a plan to index lex specific features like lightning record pages or the object manager? I noticed that neither of those, as well as other lex specific areas of the setup menu, are available.
- (2019-08-15, v:2.4.9) Thomas Nieuwenhuizen: goes to About:Blank at times
Sometimes when i click on a link in the search results i get directed to an About:blank page, i think i've setup the CSP correctly but could you perhaps clarify it a bit more what the format should be on the Overview page (example?). Using it in classic atm. It only seems to happen when i'm on a setup page other than the home setup page
- (2019-08-14, v:2.4.9) Brad Edgerly: Well done!
Love the tool.