Translations and other useful features for vocabulary.com (unofficial)
This is an extension that adds useful features to the great vocabulary.com word learning service: > Show translations in the learning game Translations automatically show up in the word learning game. Click the language abbreviation to change language. > Show your examples when practicing a specific list If you added examples to a list you're practicing, they will show up in the answer section of words. > Add words from any web page (NOTE: you need to be logged in into vocabulary.com to use this feature) Select a word on any website, right click, and you'll be able to: - Start learning the selected word(s) - Add the word(s) to one of your lists (they will appear in a dropdown menu) - Add the word(s) to a new list. The sentence that contains the word will automatically be picked up and listed as an example usage of the word in vocabulary.com. (known bug: this doesn't work everywhere now. Will be fixed in a future version) > Useful side links The extension automatically adds links to other dictionaries and services like Dictionary.com, Thesaurus.com, The Urban Dictionary, GIPHY, YouGlish, Google Images, Wordnik, ... to further understand your words. They appear in the word game answer section and on definition pages. > Leave a comment if you have a problem or would like to suggest another feature, or send a mail to the gmail account 'thorgalle' > Note: this extension requires the permission to access all web pages you visit. It is only used to extract sentences around words you select. Source code is available for review at Github: https://github.com/th0rgall/voc-enhancer. > Disclaimer: I, the developer, am not affiliated with vocabulary.com in any way. The use of this application is at your own risk.
- (2019-12-24) Anouar DK: after installing it didnt't work till i restarted the the browser.. now it work perfectly , thanks !
- (2019-11-19) Distase: Very useful to be able to add words from any page to my vocabulary lists, thank you!
- (2019-07-26) schwarzeni: Thanks for your excellent work :-)
- (2019-05-19) Yao Xiao: very useful! can you add the pronunciation button to the "list page"? thank you!
- (2019-04-25) Jimin Bang: It didnt work. No popups. no anything you promised in your description
- (2019-03-10) Nonym: Works wonderfully. Provides everything I need to more quickly learn words.