Replaces suggested replies on Gmail messages with poetic verse.
Once you install this extension, suggested replies in Gmail messages will be replaced with lines of poetic verse drawn from thousands of lines of public domain poems. Frequently asked questions: - Is this endorsed by, sponsored by or in any way associated with Google? Absolutely not. - Is this an April Fools’ prank? Sort of, but it’s real and it doesn’t go away on April 2. - Why did you do this? Suggested replies — what Google calls “Smart Reply” — are useful, but they tend to be cheery and bland. It's possible to have whole conversations of nothing but prefabricated responses. This is an attempt to question that particular future. - Can a computer have the soul of a poet? Maybe someday, but right now it can only echo the souls of poets past. Free and open source: https://github.com/chriszs/suggested-poems
- (2019-04-16) Richard Day: Awesome! My poetry loving wife is getting much more meaningful replies from me now!
- (2019-04-09) Barton Poulson: Anything that brings a little more poetry into my life is worth it! Brilliant!
- (2019-04-02) Josh Dempsey: Great work!
- (2019-04-01) this is so much better and more meaningful that Gmail's own apparently random replies
- (2019-04-11, v:0.6) Lenny Longo: Gsuite?
Hello, I think this is an awesome idea. I've installed this. It works on Gmail but when I open an email in Gsuite, I see it displays poems on the bottom of the gmail for a second, but as soon as I move my cursor they disappear. Can you help with any suggestions? Thanks.