Enhances the formula editor textareas to have syntax highlighting, tabbing, parenthesis matching, and find and replace.
Use this extension to save time and headaches working with formulas. It helps you more quickly understand the structure of a formula, review the fields used by it, and edit the formula. When you visit a formula edit page it will automatically enhance the formula textarea with a code editor. This includes formula fields, validation rule formulas, workflow rule formulas, and field update formulas. Editor Features Include: - Syntax highlighting - Tabbing (tab and shift-tab) - Parentheses matching - Find and Replace - No code wrapping - Resizing the editor - Format button - Works with Lightning! A new button is created named "Load Field Details" that loads details about the fields found in the formula. Field Details Include: - Field type - How many times it is used - Formula field compile sizes - Field edit links - Field record values - Field Label - Field Help Text - Picklist values - Sub formulas Have an issue or a great idea for this extension? Visit the support tab above to leave feedback. Updates 1/6/2019 - Fixed some bugs handling decimal numbers 9/5/2018 - Added a button that formats the formula for you 7/11/2018 - Editor now remembers your font size 6/24/2018 - Now works with Lightning 3/1/2017 - Editor now remembers what size you made it 8/12/2015 - New "Load Field Details" button 7/11/2015 - Insert buttons for fields and functions work now 1/9/2012 - Fixed text wrapping in nowrap mode.
- (2019-10-03) Karen Bonilla: Such a great extension! It's super useful for matching up parentheses on complicated formulas.
- (2019-09-23) Nicola Mitcham: Love it!
- (2019-06-05) Joshua Elsman: Love this extension! Night and Day from the standard editor.
- (2019-04-24) Andrea Onhaus: I have paid for it and installed it and its not working at all. Nowhere to go for help. I need help asap
- (2019-02-23) It works, thank you!
- (2018-06-19) Ryley Oroku: The parentheses matcher helps so much.
- (2017-05-01) Jeff Krakowski: I enjoy all the functionality -but my screen displays the enhanced editor under the standard sf editor. Thus when checking syntax sf always checks the standard editor and ignores my work in the enhanced editor, also saving causing the standard to overwrite the data in the enhanced editor : (
- (2017-03-28) Matthew Straney: I have alot of hope for this Chrome extension but it does not appear when I'm in any sort of formula editor. Not sure how to activate that. Its been added to my chrome and allowed in incognito. Does not work in regular or incognito
- (2017-02-22) Joshua Hric: I highly appreciate the functionality this extension provides. It is acts a very lightweight IDE to troubleshoot complex formulas, as well highlighting nested parenthesis and keywords. The only improvement I was would suggest is to work with the debugging tool, as I have to turn off the extension to find the error temporarily.
- (2017-01-30) April Barclay: Makes formula building so much easier.
- (2016-11-01) David Duffield: A splash screen comes up when you first go in which cannot be closed on my laptop. Maybe if I were on a bigger monitor it would work, but this is something basic which should have been caught.
- (2016-09-20) Rich Tepper: So much easier than cutting and pasting into an external editor. Thanks.
- (2016-09-11) Yoni Barkan: Not sure why Salesforce hasn't paid you millions and incorporated directly into the product.
- (2016-07-11) Ohad Idan: Thank you for creating such a useful extension! I featured your extension on my blog, on a post on my favorite Chrome Extensions for Salesforce: http://www.forcethe.cloud/2016/07/5-must-have-chrome-extensions-for.html
- (2016-07-06) Dmitri Goncharov: This is simply incredible!
- (2016-04-27) Rebecca Ralls: Super helpful.
- (2016-03-23) Jason Hardy: Nifty little add in so I don't have to pull my formulas into the IDE.
- (2016-03-22) Matt Feeney: Adding different colored nested parenthesis would make this extension be fantastic. That said, it is still a great tool and very useful. Btw, be sure to view the instructional video included. I learned a lot and had to modify this review (learned how to resize the formula window). Thank you!
- (2016-01-30) Granger McGregor: It works OK. It doesn’t pair up the parenthesis in different colours (like Notepad ++ does) which would be the main benefit of having it. Still much better than native Salesforce so thank you.
- (2015-11-11) Brandon Mayotte: While this may not be perfect, it is light years ahead of what the native formula builder provides. It has already helped me when creating some pretty complicated validation rules. A+ on finding the syntax errors where they show themselves.
- (2015-09-02) Codi K: Hi Kyle, great job on this product! It is really helpful. We use a lot of complex formulas in our SFDC org and as a senior business systems analyst this is priceless. Is it possible to add the "Load Field Details" button/functionality to the formula editor on Workflow Rule, Field Updates? This would make the product even better! Thank you for your consideration.
- (2015-01-23) I find this so useful, especially when pairing up parentheses. Yes, it's annoying you can't use the insert field name/operator/function menus, but it is so easy to toggle the enhanced editor off (to insert the field etc) and on again using the little checkbox.
- (2014-11-12) Meighan Brodkey: The fact that you can't insert fields is Killer, but great to enable when having a problem.
- (2014-02-24) Ben Gottesman: Extremely useful. Would like a word wrap option and I wish the cursor was darker. I often have trouble finding it.
- (2013-03-11) Adam Cooper: Great, but inserting a field name and inserting a formula doesn't work for me. I have to copy paste the field name or copy paste the formula syntax into the editing box to get it to work. If this could be fixed it would be an easy 5 stars!
- (2018-07-14, v:1.4.6) Victor Almeida: Won't Start
I have used this app before when it was free and really liked it. I just bought it for a newer Mac, and I get the icon in the upper-right corner of the window, but the functionality never turns on. I've tried clicking the icon, refreshing, closing/restarting - nothing. Any suggestions?
- (2018-06-28, v:1.4.3) Jeff Krakowski: The text is hidden above the visible window
I appreciate this app, but i have a couple issues: 1-often the formula and inserted merge fields are inserted in a line above the visible window and i cannot see or edit it. 2- SF pulls from the standard editor when saving not this app's 3- when i click save, the screen jumps up and i have to scroll down to save again.
- (2018-05-30, v:1.4.2) Adel Selim: can't see
I can't see the editor . am on classic but can't any change. Is there a way of activating the extension or is it on by default
- (2018-01-29, v:1.4.2) Dave Morris: My god Man
My God, Man it doesn't work in Lightning? What are you thinking?
- (2018-01-23, v:1.4.2) Lightning Support
This is one of the few things that makes me switch to Classic on a daily basis. Please add Lightning support!
- (2018-01-08, v:1.4.2) Remember font-size selection
Please have it remember or have setting for font-size. Thank you!
- (2017-12-20, v:1.4.2) Shaun McArthur: Font
How do I increase the font size permanently?
- (2017-11-28, v:1.4.2) Adam Grossman: Please add lightning support
I love this tool and recommend it often. Please add compatibility for Lightning!!!
- (2017-11-21, v:1.4.2) Jack Volkov: LEX Ready?
Can this extension be used in Lightning Experience setup?
- (2017-11-13, v:1.4.2) Is this an open or closed-source project? I would like to contribute improvements.
Do you want others to collaborate on this?