Allows you to make temporary edits to any page.
New! Design Mode is a tiny extension which puts Chrome into edit mode, allowing you to edit entire pages as though you were in an HTML editor. This extension is great for quickly testing concepts, such as whether a page layout breaks when a heading hits a certain text length, or whether an image or button would look better on the other side of the page. ★ Move images by dragging them around. ★ Edit existing text by clicking and typing. ★ Add new text before or after existing elements. ★ Change font style using standard keys (ctrl+b for bold, etc) This extension is not designed as a hardcore development tool and is limited by Chrome's implementation of design mode. Changes are temporary; reloading the page will clear any changes. Tips: ☛ You can make a single HTML element editable by adding the "contenteditable" attribute. ☛ You can activate design mode by hand by opening up the development console (F12) and typing: document.designMode = 'on'; Of course, that's more work and you don't get the nice icon telling you which tabs are in design mode. You need a cool extension for that, right? ;-)
- (2023-03-11) BlackGhast: wont turn on.
- (2018-11-23) DatBrian: It was okay, but don't like the red grammar catchers
- (2017-05-09) DK: didnt work
- (2016-12-03) Simon Barton: I can fix typos!
- (2016-04-01) Joel Gillman: Worked like a charm for me! Very handy for trying out new text on a page to make sure it fits well.
- (2015-11-25) Luke Z: Didn't work at all.
- (2013-07-12) Markus Frömmel: The extention doesn't work at all for me unfurtunately (I guess google changed something in chrome) However I will award 3 stars for this invaluable hint: "☛ You can activate design mode by hand by opening up the development console (F12) and typing: document.designMode = 'on';" Does a similar extension exist with the same functionality?
- (2022-10-10, v:0.2) Kristine Schachinger: Used the editor it accidentally deleted the text now I cannot get it back
Was editing text for a mock-up -- somehow it deleted - no undo and when I reload or go to another window the text won't come back .. help!
- (2022-07-19, v:0.2) Eran Osishkin: Add a keyboard shortcut?
Hi, this extension is great! Very helpful for my work. is there a way to make a keyboard shortcut for turning it on and off? Thanks!
- (2017-11-28, v:0.2) Ivan Rocha: thnak you
this extension is great!
- (2017-05-24, v:0.2) html split view?.:
Is there a way to enable WYSIWYG / HTML split-view that shows changes as they occur...like FrontPage`03? I love the idea of an "in-place" editor, but I need to see my code changes before saving, and the auto-magic creation of backups of any file edited. These two features would do away with the need for HTML Editors as local applications. THANKS BUNCHES & BOOKOODLES in advance!