Open Slack in Browser, not App
This extension automatically redirect to the slack link with your browser, not open slack app. Nothing more, nothing less. You don't have to download and install slack app in your machine once you install this extension. You can continue to use slack through a Chrome browser. If you are feeling irritated with "Opening link in Slack... You will be redirected in a few moments. Don't have the app yet? Download Slack for Desktop Or, you can open this link in your browser" No more getting annoyed. You don't need to install Slack App. スラックのリンクをブラウザで開くとappを開こうとしてきます。 このextensionはappを開くことなくブラウザのままリンクに飛ぶようにするだけのシンプルな拡張機能です。
- (2022-04-14) P.-A. Sicart: It works. Thanks! Slack is so *pushy* about its desktop app. >_<
- (2022-03-10) Alexandria LaRue: Works perfectly and it's exactly what I needed, thank you!
- (2022-01-14) Gary Miguel: Does what it says! Thank you!
- (2021-03-23) Joey Vay: Not all heroes wear capes! Thanks mate, it does exactly what it says on the box :)
- (2021-03-08) It's stop working...
- (2021-02-09) Ben Oakes: Exactly what I needed. Quick response from the developer too, especially for a freebie. Thanks!
- (2020-02-18) 西田和史: works well, just I want function
- (2022-01-27, v:1.0.1) Slack on browser not open when link to image (look link below)
https://xpto.slack.com/files/UETHVFZNA/F0327N7T6MW/screen_shot_2021-01-27_at_15.57.36.png This link not open automatically.
- (2022-01-07, v:1.0.1) Johannes Wiesner: Is this plugin open source?
If yes, can you link to the repo? :)
- (2021-06-26, v:1.0.1) I. C.: Doesn't work again :)
it'd be so great if you update the extension. When I try to open → Chrome shows me this dialog "https:// cln.sh / Zbw1v9" message (remove spaces in that url).
- (2021-03-08, v:1.0.1) It doesn't work anymore
I don't know what happened
- (2021-02-04, v:1.0.0) Ben Oakes: No longer works with new design
Hi and thanks for this extension! Slack seems to have updated their design and unfortunately, the extension no longer works. I thought you might like to be aware!
- (2021-01-30, v:1.0.0) I. C.: Does NOT work any more
Any ideas why it doesn't work any more ?
- (2020-03-19, v:1.0.0) Mark Johnson: How to make web-based Slack behave like it’s a natively running program?
I run Asana browser version like it’s a standalone app in Mac OS X Catalina (current). There’s a simple tool called Fluid that makes it act like a standalone app. Love it. Do you know how to run Slack like that, so its running the browser version in a sort of wrapper so it looks like a separate app rather than being in a browser tab? That way your extension could launch or switch to it, how cool would that be! It’s really helpful when a web-based version of a frequently used app has its own icon in the tray and can be toggled to like any other native program, Mac or Windows. One option is to run a specific browser only used for Slack so there aren’t any other tabs. It’s less than optimal but workable in a pinch.