Alt+click any element to generate its optimum jquery selector path.
If you are writing jQuery, you frequently decide and write the optimum jquery selector for your need. However, the rules for optimizing a jQuery selector are relatively easy and can be automated. That's what this extension is for. Instead of having to step through the DOM, find the ID which could be anywhere, and try to remember again exactly what the rules are for optimizing the jQuery selector, this tool builds the selector and copies it to your clipboard. Done! Voila! Additionally, the tool tells you how many elements on the page that selector calls so you instantly know whether the selector is unique (calls only one element) or not (calls many elements). The readme.md file delineates the logic used. Primary source behind the logic is: https://learn.jquery.com/performance/optimize-selectors/
- (2021-04-18) Emad Rashdan: Not working
- (2020-01-06) Francesco Balduini: do not work!
- (2019-12-12) Reinier Garcia: It doesn't says how to use it.
- (2019-07-18) HTT ZIP: Nice
- (2019-05-11) Quack Skoper: Great extension, thanks.
- (2019-04-25) Foulques De Moncade: same here
- (2019-03-12) basil beltran: still broken
- (2018-12-16) Maruf Alom: Not working
- (2018-09-21) doesn't work
- (2018-09-19) Ryan Dowler: Doesn't work
- (2020-03-16, v:2.3) Micah Rowland: Doesn't work in Chrome Version 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)
This doesn't work in Chrome Version 80.0.3987.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2020-03-10, v:2.3) Tony Meza: Please update and add to New Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser extension store.
I would love to try this extension on the new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser. Unfortunately it is not working at the moment. Would please update this extension to work with the latest version of chrome, I would appreciate it.
- (2019-01-02, v:2.3) Renzo: Fix correct padding and margin at message
Thanks for bringing us this excellent extension. Please fix padding and margin at message alert because sometimes it shows just half of the message because it has another line on top of it. Thanks for your time.