Automatically summarize any article, text, document, webpage or essay in a click.
Hi 👋 TLDR This is a chrome extension (+ web app) that can take a painfully long piece of text and sum it up into five key bullet points using the power of NLP. There's so much content out there but too little time to read. So many times, it happens that there's a long article that we're interested in, but we don't really feel like scouring through it to extract relevant information from it. TLDR This is a simple tool that can come in handy at that time by helping you spend less time reading counterproductive stuff and more on doing valuable work. Steps to get cracking - Just click the "TL;DR" button in Chrome's toolbar on a webpage which you'd like summarized and within a few seconds you'll get the <5 sentence summary right there.
- (2021-10-14) Isaac Quesada: The app helpped me during my exams and i got to win them
- (2021-10-03) Pat MySecret: Grabs too much "wrong" stuff, and distorts/replaces some key words... America become "A miracle" ..that sorta thing.
- (2021-09-29) beep boop: What it says when it can't TLDR it for you is that they couldn't generate it from the link, which leads me to believe that instead of just looking at the browser you have open and are looking at, it independently copies the link you're at and tries to summarize and then send you that, which is more steps than I feel necessary. Especially since it won't be able to TLDR anything if it can't access the link, and since the websites that i need shortened need you to log in, it can't help me.
- (2021-09-21) bothina mortazawi: love it
- (2021-07-19) RonM: excellent when one is in a hurry and unable to read through a long article this extension gives you the jist. Works a treat.
- (2021-07-13) RQ J: It cannot use, man
- (2021-07-11) Shazia Kashif: It's good time saver for learner.
- (2021-04-05) Naomi Klepping: You're app doesn't work whether I put the link in or type out what I want to be summerised your app doesn't seem to be able to carry out this task.
- (2021-03-28) Diogo Nunes: Used it twice, one time failed to produce a summary the other time it was not relevant enough.
- (2021-03-28) Priti Garg: Wonderful app for all the users especially for students, researchers etc. Saves a ton of time and has a great future ahead.
- (2021-03-15) Nick McKinlay: Same problem as many other reviewers: it simply doesn't work. Infinite loading animation with no result. Instructions followed exactly. This was free and I still feel duped.
- (2021-03-03) Tu i tam: Amazing app. helpful and very good mantain.
- (2021-02-28) CE C EAST delhi: Wonderful tool for making summary of any article within seconds. I liked both the options of basic and advanced AI summary. AI summary is just like human summary or i can say better than human summary and a lot of time and money saver. Keywords selection features is another wonderful tool. Helping my company a lot. Wish you good luck. I liked another product of this company writesonic.com which also have wonderful tools of content generations including ads and Article/blog writer. If there was option of giving more than 5 star, i would have given more. Thanks
- (2021-02-24) Mariana Aguiar: it doesnt generate anything for me, always saying I need to log in through my University or that I need to press an 'accept' button which I can't see anywhere. disappointing. I've even made an account (albeit a free one) with my university email address so I don't really see what can be going wrong here
- (2021-02-20) Haritha B: Its just amazing....I just love it
- (2021-02-08) Hakan Yazgan: The best Summarizer Extension a came across
- (2021-02-03) R Donny Adam: KERENNNN
- (2021-01-27) Harshul Jindal: It is just waste as it just removes the first line and takes the lines after that and presents them in bullet points. It just wasted my time.
- (2020-10-19) Heather Lo: Great tool to get a quick summary of a page. Awesome for SEOs to see if content is targeted enough
- (2020-10-02) CupOfHotTea: it's sometimes useful but can't handle articles that are too long since it's not actually summarizing, just picking out main sentences to let you have an idea of what it's talking about
- (2020-04-06) Nagy Tamás: Extracts license information only from a wikipedia page (wikiwand), even with the premium/advanced BS, but asks for money right away...
- (2020-02-06) Scitlec Notsob: Would like the possibility to view the key phrase that TLDR produces 'in context', i.e. within the web page, as highlights.
- (2019-12-23) Douglass Hatcher: Wow. It does what it says it'll do: summarize any article or piece of content into 5 bullets. Use it as your own personal quick study tool of an article. Use it in a post on social media to provide highlights of an article to entice people to click through. Awesome.
- (2019-09-30) BRICEYDA ANGELES PEREZ: No hace nada
- (2019-09-29) Xavier Paredes: Giving this extension 3 stars to give it the benefit of the doubt since I just installed it and it's possible that I'm either doing something wrong or the page I'm trying to distill is just not compatible. When I try using it on the page below, I just see the animated icon and it never goes past this. https://blog.freelancersunion.org/2019/09/26/net-90-payment-is-a-policy-that-freelancers-cant-afford/?utm_source=Freelancers+Union+List&utm_campaign=48b2db3ded-Newsletter-9-26-2019_National&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_de7ca13e56-48b2db3ded-106727781&mc_cid=48b2db3ded&mc_eid=63f79cd9ba Any idea why it isn't working? Thanks
- (2019-09-27) Koba Kobayashi: The extension worked so well and I really loved this extension, undoubtedly worth 5 stars, this changed how I read saved for later articles because I don't have to read all of them wit this. But by now this extension no longer works and the site was also unable to reach. I'm so disappointed with this. I hope this extension will be re-activated and the site get back to accessible.
- (2019-09-09) Mijo Džalto: TLDR; I love it.
- (2019-09-06) Kerem Kayacan: It does a good job selecting the important sentences. We should be able to select how long the summary will be. I might want to read 10-sentence summaries for some articles.
- (2019-07-30) Kevin Smith: The tech itself is decade old and most of the time the summarization doesn't capture the real important content.
- (2019-07-29) scott ashley: most simplicity ever!
- (2019-07-29) Shahriar Yazdipour: Best for lazy people like me
- (2019-07-28) Mike: Absolutely awesome. Simple and single purpose extension. Love it
- (2019-07-28) Alec Dewitz: Awesome app!! Just open an article, click the extension and BOOM! Summary.
- (2021-03-15, v:2.0.4) Avery Bain: Not working despite subscribing
I have subscribed to the service and every time I attempt to use it there is an error. Very frustrating.
- (2021-02-26, v:2.0.4) Frauke F: Server Error
I am not able to sign in to summarize articles as it always says that there is a Internal Server Error/problem
- (2021-02-26, v:2.0.4) Arushi Das: Error 500
Every-time I try to sign up for an account, in order to summarise articles, the page loads and display Error 500.
- (2021-02-26, v:2.0.4) Jenna Marie Capistrano: Error 500
I am trying to sign up for an account so I can get articles summarized, however, every time I type my email and a password, the page would load and then say Error 500. I have tried for 2 days now.
- (2021-01-14, v:2.0.4) katlego hlongwane: TLDR
Hi I cant seem to be able to download the app on my computer please help
- (2019-09-28, v:1.0.4) ajay vaidya: Doesn't work with Wired.com
Hi, I tried to summarize an article on Wired.com but it didn't work. I did click on the app. Can someone please help me?
- (2019-07-28, v:1.0.3) Alekhya Das: doesnt find any text to summarize on WP
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-campaign-sees-political-advantage-in-a-divisive-appeal-to-working-class-white-voters/2019/07/26/39234f00-aef1-11e9-8e77-03b30bc29f64_story.html?utm_term=.71c4657aefe2 Used this article