Set a maximum limit on history entry lifetime. By Nick Semenkovich <[email protected]>
Set a maximum limit on history entries. By Nick Semenkovich <[email protected]> Long-lasting history items in Chrome can be annoying, especially since it's hard to clear just an older range of entries. This extension limits the maximum lifetime of history items in Chrome to protect your privacy. This extension: - Invokes itself every two hours to remove history objects - Limits the history to a 4-day expiry (adjustable on the options page) - Takes almost zero RAM (runs as a non-persistent background page) - Is open source! (See below) ======== CODE ======== Please contribute! https://github.com/semenko/chrome-limit-history-lifetime Copyright 2014, Nick Semenkovich <[email protected]> Released under the MIT License. See LICENSE for details.
- (2021-04-17) 叶文滔: 我使用这种插件的目的是为了无限延长历史记录保存时间，但只要安装上去，插件马上就会将 4 天以外的历史记录全部清空！！！！！ 请 Chrome 插件商城立即移除此危险插件！！！
- (2020-12-14) L T: *** WARNING *** Extension DEFAULTS to clearing all history older than 4 days AND THERE IS NO WAY TO CHANGE THIS VALUE BEFORE IT RUNS ITS FIRST WIPE! You CAN adjust it after the fact for future runs, but as soon as it's installed it will wipe everything but the past 4 days of history before you even have an option to adjust it. *** /WARNING *** More info... I am a developer and also reviewed the code and the code is clean and free of viruses/spyware/trackers (i.e. no Google Analytics even). Even though the extension is old, it does still work as of December 2020 in the latest Chrome. It does exactly what it says. It will delete history prior to a certain number of days. The number of days is adjustable between 0-60 (which I feel is a flaw. I would much prefer some "premade" ranges (ex. older than 1 day, 1 week, etc.). The biggest flaw is that the choices are artificially limited at 60 days, when the code works equally well if it allowed 365+ days. Also of note is this does just clean what it says, your browsing history (the actual address/name/time a site was visited), it does NOT clear your cache, site settings, cookies, serviceworkers, saved passwords, or any other types of history.
- (2019-05-13) Jon Paul Miles: I am a web developer and checked out the code myself. It looks secure and is very simple. Every two hours with a couple exceptions it deletes outdated webhistory beyond your set limit. From what I saw, I would trust this plugin. Definitely something you want to be careful of when installing a web plugin that deals with web history.
- (2017-05-12) Mark Young: With a lot of boards using distinct URLs and no need to remember them for more than a couple of months, I think this would keep my history from getting too out of hand.
- (2016-03-01) Max: Firefox's most missed feature to delete history older than X days.
- (2015-03-26) Юрий Чебукин: Зачем ставить по умолчанию 4 дня?! Всю историю из-за вас потерял. А если мне за прошлый месяц нужно будет историю посмотреть? Поставте 60 дней по умолчанию, тогда будет 5.
- (2014-11-19) Mason George: This took me far too long to find. Simple, concise, does exactly what I need.
- (2015-03-26, v:2014.7.20) Юрий Чебукин: Лимит истории по умолчанию
Пожалуйста, поставьте максимальный лимит по умолчанию хотя бы 60 дней. 4 дня это очень мало.