Order your bookmarks and folders by the frequency of use.
Version 0.2 notes: - Fixes bug that was preventing bookmarks with folders inside them from properly reordering. This should now correctly re-order all the bookmarks in your folder. Extension Description: There's an extension out there to order your bookmarks by just about any way you could want...except by the frequency of use. I often add new bookmarks to sites that appear at the bottom of my folder and there's sites I use frequently that should be at the top of my bookmark list but are always somewhere in the middle or bottom and I end up having to search for them to find anything. So I built this extension for my own sanity. Now more frequently visited bookmarks will appear higher in your list of bookmarks in Chrome. A couple caveats: 1.) There's no way to undo the re-ordering once it's applied. I apologize, but if the ordering gets out of whack for some reason, I cannot undo it for you. 2.) You must actually load the page for it to register a visit, not just click a bookmark link while offline. 3.) This will not go through your history, so this will only work starting from the time after you install the extension. Maybe in the future I'll add this behavior, but that would require access to your history, and I don't know about you, but I don't really want to give random developers access to my browsing history. So I'm not going to ask that from you. 4.) This is per Chrome install, and not currently synced to your account so you'll lose the ordering/ranking when you swap chrome accounts. This feature will be available, along with clearing your current counters, and seeing what the current rank weight is for each of your bookmarks. 5.) There's an ongoing list of issues, but the source for that is here: https://github.com/HudsonAkridge/ChromeOrderBookmarksByFrequency if you want to track the progress or add your own. Hopefully this helps some people out!
- (2021-04-02) Derrick Stewart: Exactly what I was seeking. I've never understood why new bookmarks go to the bottom of the folder. So if, like me, you have many bookmarks in several folders and you've been needlessly taking time to scan or scroll down to find sites you frequently visit, get this extension. I'm genuinely surprised more people haven't been annoyed enough to find this. Since I use the bookmarks bar in Brave, I was pleasantly surprised that your bookmarks and folders move left as well (makes total sense to incorporate this feature). Thank you!
- (2021-02-21) Patricio Carranza: Nice! I was doing the same manually (sorting based on last use) and I was looking for this extension for years. Thanks man I hope you keep improving it.
- (2021-01-21) Patrice Kenmoé: Beautiful idea but next time explain how to use your hard work better. a screenshot with some fonts in size 7 is not enough. i did access the devtools but nothing surprinsing. i have to uninstall it with regrets because i will never use it.
- (2020-03-14) xingyu wang: Why it just works when I installed it, then it fails when I open the browser the other times.
- (2019-08-08) Joshua Kerns: Great idea!