Assign tags to your bookmarks and search for them through the address bar.
Bookmarks are one of the vital parts of every browser. However, they are only useful if they are organized in a way that makes it easy to find them again. This extension allows you to: - assign tags to your bookmarks - search for the bookmarks in the address bar using the letters "bt" (bookmark tagger) and the tag(s) in the same way as you use the quick search - import your existing bookmarks and tag them - edit, remove bookmarks and tags - browse your bookmarks by their tags You can assign a keyboard shortcut for adding a new bookmark (e.g. Ctrl + D): - go to chrome://extensions - on the bottom of the page, click on "Configure commands" link - assign the keyboard shortcut for "Bookmarks Tagger" extension Bookmarks Tagger has been released under the license GNU GPLv3. Source code is available on https://github.com/furbos/bookmarks-tagger ========= Changelog ========= 1.1.2 - Remove obsolete IndexedDB.setVersion() - Cleanup media files 1.1.1 - Fixed problem with creating stores for new users 1.1 - Fixed problem with saving bookmarks in older versions of Chrome/Chromium (v20 and earlier)
- (2019-08-10) mayur soni: It would be great if you let me know the already created tags while tagging a new BM
- (2019-05-19) Marek G: Wszystko byłoby super gdyby była możliwość szukania po tytule a nie tylko po tagach. // Everything would be great if it was possible to search the title and not only by the tags.
- (2018-10-27) Yang Zhou: That's exactly what I wanted. Good Job guys~
- (2017-11-16) Максим Матюх: Is it possible to export my bookmarks or make another way to synchronize them between PCs?
- (2017-05-08) Tukoz Aki: Ne reconnait pas les tags crées précédemment (sur Firefox et synchronisés via Xmarks pour moi). Peut-être cette limite est-elle due à Google Chrome. En tous cas l'extension est inutilisable dans ce cas là.
- (2016-10-03) Wyckham Seelig: I think that this is going to be a big help. I would like to be able to export a list of the tags that I have created [I'd alphabetize them and put them in an index to remind myself of all of the tag categories I've created]. Is this possible? Alternatively, could you tell us where tags are stored, so that we could do this for ourselves? I've "kluged" a way of doing what I want by copy/pasting from the options page, but this is clumsy.
- (2016-02-20) NW Social: mine is not autofilling
- (2016-01-02) Rain Slide: TAG!!!OUT OF WordPress!!!
- (2015-12-20) soul mate: 非常棒的自定义分组功能，把书签和网页变成了一列一列的列表。
- (2015-09-10) Benjamin X Yang: So far so good, and this seems to be the only one "working" bookmark tagger that I find in Chrome store after tying around 5 others. But too bad the data can't be restored after removal and re-installation, it is not worthy to spend too much time for tag management, it is valuable data and need to be reserved in some way, looking forward to more improvement, you are still the best I saw in Chrome market.
- (2015-01-01) George Siddiqui: On the right track
- (2014-07-11) Rafael Tolentino da Silva: I really like this, But wouldn't be good to when your writing your tag to auto-complete with some tag you have already, to avoid having some variables of the same tag? keep it up!
- (2014-01-04) Sergey Cleftsow: Excellent extension. But there is one issue. It doesn't suggest existing tags when user types it. Pls, add this option. As a whole the extention is very nice, thank you!
- (2013-12-18) mitch steiner: just ok - needs some work being able to autofill existing tags would be great. the omnibox bt is not working for me google practically invented the tag concept , why is tagging not native to chrome ?
- (2013-09-19) R. St.: Отлично. То что надо. Автор, большое спасибо.
- (2013-08-19) Дима Пима: No search by title.
- (2013-06-23) Leo Staley: It was so close, yet so far. :( Folders don't quite work for how I want to organize my bookmarks, especially with my 2k+ bookmarks but, sadly, the tagging here is a mere two or three lazy steps in a 10 step journey to a good app. I should be able to have the tagger show up right when i bookmark or press Ctrl+D. I should be able to tag multiple bookmarks at a time. I should not have to start typing to find a tag, but there should be a dropdown to select from (most used, user selected, etc.) I should be able to easily sync this with the Chrome Bookmarks, or with my google account or some form of cloud sync/backup. I should have the ability to view only two or three specific tagged categories at a time. I should be able to choose whether my tags are case sensitive or not. I should be able to search by more than just the tag itself. So close, yet SO far... I cried. I haven't found anything so close, and almost thought for a moment i had found what i'd been searching for for years.
- (2013-06-22) Keir Jakich: Feature requests: When I use 'ctrl+d' I would like the cursor to appear in the tag box immediately. Would like this to integrate with standard bookmarks, so they sync / backup etc. Similar behaviour to old Delicious add on for firefox. I really loved that add on... before they killed it! Thanks for the great app! K
- (2013-06-14) Zhiyu Shao: The idea is great yet the execution is poor. I wish this add-on make a seamless connection to Chrome bookmarks
- (2013-04-25) Edward Bussa: The right idea for organizing, wrong idea for convenience. This extension creates a new storage area for bookmarks and does not build on top of the existing bookmarks. This means that your bookmarks will not sync the same way your regular bookmarks will.
- (2013-04-11) Phil Newman: Good idea and almost there. I'd like to be able to tag multiple bookmarks at a time. Additionally, tags are case sensitive, I'd really rather them be case insensitive.
- (2013-03-22) Florian Schumacher: does not work
- (2013-03-01) biri var: it does nt work on chrome i have chrome Version 25.0.1364.97 and i unistall , install but didnt work. it doesnt save
- (2013-02-24) Bryan Stark: Its okay as i cant find a better bookmark tool but i cant search by title of the bookmark i can only search by the tag. Better if I can search by the title of the bookmark.
- (2013-02-19) Ted Strauss: This is the bookmarking app i've been looking for. I bookmark 25 things a day and need to keep them organized by tags -- easily searchable. Tagging interface is exactly as it should be -- fast, fast fast.
- (2019-05-19, v:1.1.2) Marek G: Title search
Please add title search and this extention will be complete and the best in whole chrome web store :)
- (2019-02-22, v:1.1.2) Wyckham Seelig: Migrate tags
It would be VERY nice if I could migrate the tags that I've developed in one Chrome browser to another. I think that the tags are stored in an internal DB and wonder if it is possible to download and then reupload the tags.
- (2019-02-20, v:1.1.2) Wyckham Seelig: Export tags
I'm wondering if it is possible to export bookmark tags to another copy of Chrome. I have an extensive (and extremely useful!) set of tags on a Chrome browser for a PC, but am now migrating to a Mac and would very much like to be able to bring my tags with me.
- (2017-05-26, v:1.1.2) John Roemhild: Remove case-sensitivity please!
Please remove case-sensitivity. I am having to tag twice for every word that is capitalized, and being able to do things quickly is really important for my job.
- (2017-01-11, v:1.1.2) Stephen Kramer: Update from chrome bookmarks automatically?
Is it possible to update the bookmarks list from Chrome Bookmarks automatically without having to re-import them each time you add one to chrome bookmarks? Thanks.
- (2016-11-16, v:1.1.2) Jose Manuel Diaz: Bookmarks Tagger across different computers
Hello, I want to use Bookmarks Manager at home and at the office, both windows computers , both using chrome, but I don't see the bookmarks created in one computer in the other. A I doing something wrong?
- (2016-07-15, v:1.1.2) Kavin Gray: Multiple Tagging previous bookmarks?
How do i tag my old bookmarks at same time?
- (2015-12-20, v:1.1.2) soul mate: 美中不足
- (2015-04-15, v:1.1.2) Ukhara Arahku: sync
where does BT store its database so I can sync it to other PC
- (2015-02-08, v:1.1.2) mister granular: export possibility
hi there, great app, you mentioned an export function, did you get anywhere with that ?