Type accents, symbols, and special characters through a simple popup system. Promote your education, productivity, and diversity.
Made by high school students Eugene Li and Gaëtan Almela. Frustrated by the lack of a simple, unintrusive accent system on Windows OS, we developed this extension to emulate the one from newer versions of macOS. This version does not work on Google Docs and Gmail YET. Download it now, and we will have a fix soon. :) Diacritics, symbols, and special characters are an important part of any language, and as insignificant as they might initially seem, they play a powerful role in the true meaning and authenticity of communication. With Accents, improve the language learning experience; get better search results; communicate more clearly in everyday writing; and promote your education, productivity, and diversity. TO USE: 1. Hold down a key when typing and wait for the pop-up to appear. Try it with uppercase letters, punctuation marks, and other symbols too. 2. To select the character you desire, you can either press the number or click on the button itself. 3. There is also a shortcut you can use: while holding the key, press the number of the button before the popup appears. Test it out on your favorite websites. Thanks!
- (2020-07-01) Stephen M: This is really excellent - very handy! Just one suggestion, could you possibly add the character "l·l" to the "l" popup? Otherwise typing in Catalan becomes challenging as you still need to use an ALT code for that small middot! :)
- (2020-04-16) Jaden Gargollo: IT DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!! I would very much like to use this because I have to do Spanish homework on the computer and I have to constantly check at my alt codes.
- (2020-04-10) Sutej Gaddam: I'll give you you're next goal. Make it work on Google Docs please. Other than that, its great. But Google Docs.
- (2020-04-09) Clarice Arjona: Doesn't work.
- (2020-04-08) José Del Río: Doesn't work.
- (2020-04-07) Sedona: Doesn't on computers. The instructions say to hold down a key. Okay. iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
- (2020-04-06) Corey Sunakis: does not work at all, when you hold down a key, it is eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)
- (2020-03-30) Clay Kanaga: Works well on everything except google docs and gmail, should have said that somewhere.
- (2020-03-10) Lilian Vo: Didn't work at times and added the vowel with an accent in addition to the vowel without an accent. This isn't that big of a deal but made it annoying and finicky to use.
- (2020-02-11) Caitlin lloyd: doesnt worrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
- (2020-02-08) Robert Jimenez: Hold down a key and the accents will pop up... just attempted on the evernote web and it didn't work. When you hold down a key it typically retypes that same letter repeatedly, so the "enye" was not something I could produce. Thumbs down.
- (2020-02-01) Tibe That Guy: The accents automatically override certain the keys for important symbols on AZERTY, like the exclamation mark. e.g. The apostrophe is important in French, for verbs like s'appeller, yet s' would become s with circumflexe. Maybe a simple select menu instead?
- (2020-01-16) Andy Rollyson: It won't even work for me. Nothing pops up. Nada. Zilch.
- (2019-11-27) Isaac.m: didnt even open half the time and when it did it didnt even type anything, just plain awful
- (2019-11-22) Fred d'eau: Super facile a utiliser ! Bravo.
- (2019-09-29) Ben Hayward: it just doesn't work, and I've tried everything
- (2019-09-28) Chenzhong Li: it's just a such simple and useful tool that address critical need for Eng/Spannish writier. Thanks
- (2019-08-18) Leander: doesnt work
- (2019-08-02) serafina **: very easy to use and helpful
- (2019-07-09) Justin Guglielmino: Didn't work for my purposes. Trying to use it with Clozemaster language learning.
- (2019-06-19) Roger Navales: If your on a Chromebook be sure to note you have to hold the alt key for it to work.
- (2019-06-17) Esther: Doesn't work on google translate, which is fine, just FYI if you are trying to get accurate translations
- (2019-06-13) Amber Pines: Absolute rubbish. No "key" worked for me. I won't reccommend to anyone.
- (2019-06-03) KitKat with a B: I don't know but it doesn't work for me, I hold down a button and it just presses it more like a normal keyboard and no pop up appears???
- (2019-05-14) Tezzygaming 2yt: oof
- (2020-07-01, v:1.1.0) Stephen M: Add the character "l·l" to the "l" popup menu
Hi there! I mentioned in one of my reviews that the extension is absolutely brilliant - just what I needed. The only problem is that I quite often have to type in Catalan, and have to produce a "geminate l", which means two l's with a middot in the middle. At the moment, I have to type ALT + 0183 to generate the dot, so it's a little fiddly. Adding this to the popup for l would be really helpful! Thanks very much :)
- (2020-06-17, v:1.1.0) Aliki Drakopoulos: Not working
I hold down the keys and nothing pops up
- (2020-06-14, v:1.1.0) Georgia Taylor: change to english
change to english
- (2020-06-12, v:1.1.0) The Ranting Macrophage: wont work
When I Hold It Down It Repeats the letter and does not give the popup menu, please help me.
- (2020-04-23, v:1.1.0) Charbel Hakim: It does not work properly
Hey! When I hold a key down, for example "e", i get "eeeeeeeeeee" with no choice to put an accent
- (2020-04-14, v:1.1.0) Anonymous anon: Can you make it a bit simpler?
It doesn't work when I hold down the key I need the accent for, instead it just repeats the letter over and over again. Is there a simple shortcut I'm missing, or can you add different keybindings for putting in accents?
- (2020-04-06, v:1.1.0) A Stick: Repeating characters on some sites
It works on most sites, but I am trying to get it to work on edpuzzle.com and it just repeats the character (eeeee). Is there a way to fix this or will it be fixed?
- (2020-04-04, v:1.1.0) Mark B: Works beautifully on some sites, not at all on others
I find this extension delightful when I send email on fastmail.com; but on conversationexchange.com, it doesn't work at all for typing messages. I can type in a fastmail window and then copy and paste, and get the accent marks that way, so the extension is still useful. Is there something the web developers at conversationexchange.com need to do? Thank you.
- (2020-03-23, v:1.1.0) Madison Hamilton: App is not compatible
Doesn't even activate when I press it on google docs.
- (2019-11-26, v:1.0.9) Mulan Xu: Doesn't work on most websites
Well, basically it only works on the google search bar, not on Outlook and Duolingo (or even on this). I hold down on a letter and it comes out like aaaaaaaa... My laptop is HP, am I doing something wrong or is it just not compatible? It seems like a really cool idea, but it's not really useful in the search bar.
- (2019-10-13, v:1.0.8) Victoria Miron: Czech language and accent switch
Hello! Your extension is very useful, I think it has a great potential. But I also speak Czech, and there's no such letters as č/Č, ď/Ď, ě/Ě, ň/Ň, ř/Ř, ť/Ť, ů/Ů, ý/Ý. Could you, please, add them to the extension? Czech speaker would be very grateful. Also it would be easier, if there was some kind of switch, that allows to change accents. Thanks for your big job!
- (2019-09-06, v:1.0.8) Rotten Taco: Issues using
I've been trying to use it the way that you say and that will not work for me. Any advice or help? It claims that my device is COMPATIBLE, but it doesn't work when I try using it. I use a Lenovo N22 Laptop.
- (2019-06-05, v:1.0.8) Gracielli Conrado: letter without accent
Is there any setting to not keep the letter without the accent? For example, when I type "nao" it stays like this "naão".
- (2019-04-22, v:1.0.8) Kenneth Jørgensen: Confused
When I try to test it out on the search bar on Google, you said to hold it in order to work, but it spams the letter like "aaaaaaaa". What am I doing wrong? (I'm on Laptop)
- (2019-04-20, v:1.0.8) Thierry Jomini: Not working on google doc
Thank you so much for this! It works great and really help a lot. If you could make it wotk on google doc it would be a life savior!
- (2019-04-12, v:1.0.8) Joe Piper: Not working
I can't get this to work. Just holding the key does nothing. Am I missing something?