Makes Microsoft Planner cards more colourful, based on the selected labels
Microsoft Planner in Office 365 needs to be more colourful - card labels don't stand out enough! This Chrome Extension makes cards in Microsoft Planner colourful, based on the colour of the topmost label you select for each card. It's great for quickly prioritising or categorising tasks and making them stand out visually. It works across the various different views in Planner. IMPORTANT: None of your Planner data is collected or transferred. This extension just changes the visuals for you. It is offered completely free of charge, with no advertising, as-is. As Microsoft changes how Planner renders, it's quite possible that this extension may no longer function as expected. See my blog for more details: https://sharepointrepairjoint.blogspot.com/2019/02/planner-hack-add-background-colour-to.html
- (2020-11-05) Maddy Altobelli: When I tapped the icon it just brings me to chrome extensions on the overview would not get if I were you.
- (2020-10-02) Kerrie Jarman: It doesn't work at all!
- (2020-07-06) Leo Skiba: Loved the extension until planner changed and the extension broke. At first it just turned the planner cards gray, now the cards flash every few seconds from the color they should be to gray. Not very useful and annoying. Really wish this would get fixed as its a great extension.
- (2020-04-16) James Hargreaves: Microsoft obviously changed something - cards do not change colors when you categorize them. With the current version of Planner it makes the card grey rather than white, which is better than nothing. I'd love to see the colors back on the whole card, and maybe an option to pick a background color for my cards (individual cards would be even more amazing).
- (2020-03-31) Mária Filipová: Marty, could you please update for current version? Now the tiles are just gray... Thanks.
- (2020-03-23) Pedro Ribeiro: It is really good and helpfull however since some weeks ago it stop working. HELP PLEASE
- (2020-03-20) Filipe Carvalho: Hi! Can you please update it for the latest Planner version?
- (2020-03-06) Ulises Gómez: the new update are not "colorful"
- (2020-03-06) Thomas Frei: Great Job Harris! Thanks a lot. But what happen today?- MS changed something in the tagging - and all the colors are gone from "colourful Planner" Please fix it.
- (2020-02-27) Justin Isles: This should be the default for MS Teams. Amazing how a single person or small team can do exceedingly better than a huge organization.
- (2020-02-23) Michael Hamesse: Nice tool, thank you Marty! The possibility to change a bit the colours (make them lighter) would be a nice option: sometimes the background colour makes the text not very visible.
- (2019-10-14) Andy Witt: This is great. Could this also be applied to the tasks in schedule view? Currently they are white like the background. Which makes it hard to visualize what everything that is going on.
- (2019-10-10) Christopher Insight: Absolutely beautiful!
- (2019-10-09) Andrew Mahede: Enhances MS planner to make it visually easier to view, sort and recognise items and groupings