Live Speech and Commands Recognition using DictationBox. Click on DictationBox extension icon and start dictation, that simple.
Features: - Supported 100+ languages and dialects - Simple dictation using DictationBox text area field - Auto-text commands are configurable in extension options - Say "next field" to navigate to next [*] field, see auto-text command "order template" for example. - Say "go to sleep" \ "wake up" to switch microphone between standby and listening modes. Latest changes: v.1.1.11: fixed issue when auto-text commands were not recognized on startup v.1.1.10: fixed issue when "next field" command wasn't tracking text v.1.1.9: added "Rate Us" button v.1.1.7: cosmetic changes, bug fixes v.1.1.6: added panel options button, updated icon v.1.1.4: improved microphone error handling and documentation
- (2023-08-11) Qaiser Azim: I like your extension but please include language changing option in popup window . I have to go to option section which is very time consuming
- (2023-03-10) Aasritha Cherukupalli: the ONLY issue i have is that it can't perform grammer checks, like so.
- (2023-02-18) John Cheung: I tried several of these extensions and I think this is the best. I love, the overall efficiency, and especially the voice substitution commands. Now I can complete the entire email just using my voice. I wrote one such app using python, with the same capability. Using python is a lot more cumbersome. I like this app a lot more. I recommend it whole heartedly. Hats off to the developers !!
- (2022-12-08) Barbara Martins: Doesn't auto-capitalize the beginning of sentences, which is ridiculous. If I'm using this app for productivity, the whole point is not having to waste more time afterwards fixing the grammar.
- (2022-08-01) Mariana Funes: Transcribe muy pocas palabras en el idioma elegido o escribe cualquier otra palabra. También en lugar de escribir en español (idioma al que debía transcribir) lo hacía en ingles
- (2022-07-26) Matthew Dillion-Mayne: The biggest issue is it's lake of native support for commands like "Comma" "New Line". It's ok if you don't mind adding punctuation in after. It's actually easier for me to open a new email in outlook and dictate in there.
- (2022-05-31) SC srtcartas: It is pretty amazing, but there is some details I would like to change, It would be great if this doesn't add a space at the begining, also if after a dot the dictator starts with a capital letter so I don't have to be correcting those. Also some shorcuts like saying dot or comma ... that would be awesome. Overall it is absolutely great.
- (2022-01-31) Burhan Darwish: absolutely fantastic
- (2021-11-26) Jed A Tix: did work well for me. thank you so...... much
- (2021-11-21) Edmund Deane: First class! Does a great job, even when I pause in dictation. Convenient to get to from Chrome Home Page, and just WORKS!
- (2021-05-21) Lance Jackson: DictationBox works as promised. It is especially useful on websites where there are text fields that are incompatible with other dictation programs. While the speech recognition system used by DictationBox is not as complex or exact as other dictation programs-in terms of automatic capitalization, spacing, and punctuation-the program delivers what it promises, has a simple clean interface, and is quite effective for drafting short entries. (review dictated with dictation box)
- (2021-04-13) daniel hamilton: It works quite well in Chrome, except that it always place an extra space btwn the end of a sentence and the period (say "period"). However, I want to use the free DictationBox app for Chrome in Vivaldi (Chrome-based but a better alternative), but installing and trying to use it in Vivaldi results in "Ouch! Permission to use microphone was denied." The only setting I see for this is in vivaldi://settings/webpages/, and when I choose Allow for the microphone then it reverts to Ask, but it never asks for permission to use the DictationBox app.
- (2021-01-08) RABAT NEWS RUSSIA: прекрасно работает . Молодцы ребята . Я очень доволен . работает без глюков всё отлично Спасибо !
- (2020-09-28) 生先: Super
- (2019-12-05) Steven Lewis (Lewy): I got to say it's a very good application and very accurate. This application understands exactly everything that I have to say, very happy with it and I will continue to type like this because it's so much easier to talk it rather than type it. it's just a one click copy text button which makes it a lot easier to copy the text and paste it onto any other application.
- (2019-10-21) Volodymyr Prysiazhniuk: Great extension to my browser
- (2023-04-11, v:1.1.12) Jennifer Harker: dictation comes up in another language
I used to be able to use the handy dictation feature, but now when I dictate, it comes up in garble, half English and half Russian symbols. Thanks.
- (2022-10-15, v:1.1.12) Оксана Тимко: Приложение не работает
Здравствуйте, что бы я не делала, пишет ошибку:Ouch! Permission to use microphone was denied. Check link to Fix it.
- (2022-08-11, v:1.1.11) Lawrence Weathers: Can't turn on microphone win10/64 Brave browser
When I click start I get a message Ouch! Permission to use microphone was denied. Check link to Fix it. I click on that statement and nothing is fixed.
- (2022-03-26, v:1.1.11) Stephen Harris: sentence case
Can I set this app to type in sentence case?
- (2022-03-26, v:1.1.11) Stephen Harris: Google docs
Can I dictate directly to Google Docs or Gmail, etc, without having to copy/paste?
- (2021-10-02, v:1.1.11) Peter Parker: Do you provided a list of spoken shot cuts , Such as ful stop, comma, brackest etc etc
I need punctuation mark capability please ?
- (2021-09-14, v:1.1.11) andrea tanganelli: problem
can not find where to allow microphone access
- (2020-09-18, v:1.0.17) John Munn: configuration questions
I've installed Dictation Box . I saw the microphone icon initially but no loonger see it nor have I found a way to get it to show. I load a web page with a text input box and I can get the big mic icon to show in a side panel. I talk and get no text typed in response. I've tested that my mic is working. HELP
- (2020-06-28, v:1.0.15) richard mensah: Needs help
How can this help me in Microsoft word
- (2020-06-27, v:1.0.15) dfjk19: security
will this record passwords and ids?
- (2020-03-24, v:1.0.12) Todd King: Can't get it to work
Either it's broken or I don't understand how it works. If I click the mic icon I just get a popup that says DictationBox for Chrome with a tick box to enable it for that site with More Option and a Suggestion button. I see no way to get an actual dictation box like you show. I tried a dozen websites and the all act the same. I tried saying "wake up" but that didn't help either. What gives? Windows 7 and 10 Chrome Version 80.0.3987.149