Bring speech recognition capabilities into ANY text box on ANY website
100% Satisfaction guaranteed. If it doesn't work as you expected - we'll give you full refund - no questions asked. Voice Type directly into most common website's text-boxes. Including Gmail, WordPress (using the TEXT tab), any text area input and more. Using the most accurate Speech To Text technology, based on Google's engines. By the makers of the most popular dictation notepad online (Speechnotes - rated 4.7! on the Chrome store) After initial installation - it's recommended to close and reopen the browser, so it can work smoothly on all opened tabs. Default recognition language is English-US. To switch language go to the app's options page on: chrome-extension://oibmlbjklbogiccfokpgddgoleeiilid/askforpermissions.html To start recognition - simply place the mouse in the text-box, and then you can either right-click and choose Start-Recording from the popup menu, or, simply click on the extension's button right to the address bar. First time - you'll need to give the extension microphone permissions. For Dictating on Facebook On facebook, and maybe other specific websites, you might need to manually type in Space (using your keyboard) and only then start dictation. This is because facebook expects user's keyboard input. Would love to hear your feedback! Enjoy limited offer of fixed price for life, no recurring fees, no hidden costs. Includes all future updates.
- (2019-12-06) William Handelman, M.D.: Worked initially then stopped. Will try a little longer. Obviously needs some tweeking.
- (2019-11-18) Steven U: My Chrome browser says the extension is installed. I have been using it for more than one year for my reports. This morning, I woke up to finish a report, and the intro page comes up asking for permission to use the microphone. I clicked it and nothing happened as far as the next box that was supposed to pop up. I have restarted Chrome, but the intro "buy it now" page keeps coming up. I am logged in on my usual Google acct and the extension setting says it is there, but I cannot get it to start. Has anyone noticed that this program will capitalize words that are not supposed to be? I have to back up and change it to small case about every ten words. It is time consuming. I tried to click the pay button to pay again but the next page states that it is already installed. It looks like I will have to type out this entire report to make deadline and I will be late for work.
- (2019-07-26) Gustavo Guerschberg: excellent
- (2019-07-18) David George: Great product to get work done in Gmail and Slack quickly. Doesn't work the best in G-Suite Products but that is because they have their own voice dictation tools but works great on tools like https://www.editpad.org. Nice work.
- (2019-07-15) Patrick Farnon: This is a very good speech to text app. I struggled with Nuance's Dragon Naturally Speaking for some time but gave up in the end because it made so many mistakes in rendering my ( slightly Scottish inflected) accent into English, that out of frustration I went back to typing. It was easier and quicker. How far this was due to the Sennheiser (or the Nuance) microphone I cannot say. But Nuance was worthless for me. I also use Google translate regularly for English to Spanish texts and sometimes use the inbuilt microphone. I was on the point of buying a new microphone but found that the inbuilt Speechnotes microphone is excellent, gave excellent results and had no problems with my accent in English. So in that sense it is - for me - miles better than Nuance. And I'd give it five stars on that simple basis. I work as a writer and journalist, and with Speechnotes, dictate my texts, edit them and save them as word docs. That is all I need. And Speechnotes performs that task excellently. It is a great wee app and I say that from experience.
- (2019-07-05) G&B: You can push the mic whatever you want, but this app won't work.
- (2019-05-29) Jay Kelly: It does work most of the time, but not in every web page or field. For example, not working in this one! haha. I would really love to see them add a KEYBOARD SHORTCUT to turn the microphone on and off. attention Developers! This is a feature request =)
- (2019-05-09) Jorge Gonzalez: No funciona para escribir directamente a Facebook, WhatsApp web y el colmo ni en Chrome web Store para escribir está calificación!
- (2019-04-29) Les Norman: If you have ever paid upwards of £150 for Dragon and then had to uninstall it a year or so later when nothing and no-one, not even Dragon, can persuade it to work without crashing or freezing, you really appreciate this Speech Notes program with its very minor inaccuracies and irritations for just £6. It is not yet quite as good advertised but not far off. It doesn't work on this web page for example or in WhatsApp for Web but for G-mails it is magnificent, and astonishing. I use the web based page for other programs like Word and copy the text across. Again, remarkable for free or £6. All priase, no complaints from me.
- (2019-03-17) DDO ACCOUNTANTS: this app doesn't work for me at the moment
- (2019-03-04) Patricia Wynn Norman: Interesting how the negative (and often irate) reviews from late 2018 aren't here any more...
- (2019-02-28) Len Kowalik: Update Feb 2019 It seems that is a variant, clone, or version of another extension that my initial review was based on. I have seen others that appear identical, that are supposedly 3 different products. Seems to be a common practice in this marketplace. I added this one to hopefully get rid of a problem that I was having with what I thought was a separate product. That is, if I delay saying "comma", it inserts " oh,". Another reason that I suspect this is the same software under a new name - it does the same thing. This was not always the case. It seemed to have started fairly recently, maybe weeks ago. Annoying but predictable. I am using this on a Chromebook, so I have no idea how it may work on other platforms. I just tried a couple of others. This one still seems to be the best. My understanding, from viewing similar apps, is that there is a restriction from Google that prevents any voice recognition from working in certain "text" fields, this box for example. In light of that, the description that this works in ANY text field is misleading. April 2018 So far it works quite well, but not in all "text" fields, this box or gmail subject line for example. The start recording button in the right-click popup is particularly useful. I just started using the trial version, and would like to know how long that lasts. It often capitalises common words in the middle of a sentence??? I have been using "English - Canada" as my language, so that it spells neighbor as neighbour. Yes, I know, the "u" is superfluous, but language options seem to work well in spell checker, and the two are fighting. I tried other variations of English, but it seems to stick with US. Not a deal breaker by any means. Tried a little Spanish and it handles that well. It does as well as or better than voice recognition on my Android phone. Overall, trivial hiccups, but MUCH better than typing for me. Considering buying it, but don't know what advantages that really gets.
- (2018-11-17) Ronald Montes: I have a serious problem with this app, or extension or what ever it is. On many sites even though you can see the clear txt the data is not saved. And I'm hard pressed to find a site that this so called voice typing will even work. I have a very high quality connection to the Internet with a high end system running MS Windows 10.
- (2018-11-02) joboco 2: I wish it worked with Yahoo mail Very good when it works..
- (2018-10-19) Eric Cheng: doesn't work
- (2018-10-12) Darryl Diptee: Fairly accurate, good enough for the price. Sometimes it's perfect, sometimes not so much. I like that it continues working even when the window is in the background. Works in Gmail. I'd recommend using a boom mic to increase accuracy.
- (2018-09-30) John Newell: Disappointing. When it works it is fine, but it has it's moments where there's no reason for it to simply NOT WORK. Checked mike, released cache, rebooted - just an unresponsive input window ( though reading existing text is fine - but pointless. It also fails to live up to the ability to work on any text based HTML page where input is allowed.... not so.
- (2018-08-12) Helmut Mueller: In Chrome installiert, geht. Allerdings: Während der Aufzeichnung sendet mein Computer mit ca. 16 KB/Sekunde (sagt NetWorx), der erkannte Text wird einfach auf die Seite geschmiert, und nach 3 Sekunden Pause dann in die Text-Area übertragen. Auf Android und im IPhone geht das alles um Klassen besser. Der Produktivitätsgewinn ist gering.
- (2018-08-10) bigstormx21: bir çok web sitesinde işe yaramıyor satın aldım umarım geliştirirsiniz
- (2018-07-07) Alex W: Edit: Doesn't work in Discord anymore. :( --------- LOVE IT! It doesn't work in some fields, like this review field, but it works perfectly fine for other things like Discord and so on. This will help take away the pain in my hands a lot and I have no problem paying for it! I just need to know that it will be actively worked on. :) Could you please make it possible to switch language directly from the plugin icon? Instead of having to go to the settings menu.
- (2018-06-12) Saskia Wijngaard: OMGoodness we tested like 4 of the other speechnotes and they were horrible. This one worked perfectly.
- (2018-06-08) 賴銘松: very very nice, very very work.
- (2018-03-01) tecnologran multiservicios: bien
- (2018-02-25) Joshua Ninyett: Purchased and it has not worked. Sent request to support no feedback to date. Can someone let me know if they have had similar issues. I get a red microphone but it wont open up into a text to use.
- (2018-02-17) Kyle Hahn: I, as well as others feel confused and cheated as we paid the supposed "one time fee of $10" for lifetime use and access to all upgrades. Then you come out with the premium which has the same basic "deal". It is rather confusing and you owe it to your paying customers to provide the "premium" as part of our guaranteed upgrade to Speechnotes.
- (2019-10-21, v:0.1.9) Ted Steele: speachnote premium
Does not work at all. I want my money back!
- (2019-10-14, v:0.1.9) Victor Manuel Ibañez Salazar - 461: Your program does not work at all, I need it to work. I want my refund. Please write to [email protected]
I want my refund. I need your typing to work
- (2019-10-11, v:0.1.9) Ashley Carter: Unable to dictate
Hello I have paid for the use of your app. However it seems your app is having some issues as I cannot dictate at all on any site. After reviewing your reviews it seems many other users are experiencing the same issues.
- (2019-10-10, v:0.1.9) Allison Legros: Not dictating
The SpeechnotesX Voice-Typing is not working at all. It shows the microphone is on, but when I dictate nothing happens.
- (2019-09-27, v:0.1.9) Samuel Or: how do I refund?
Not working, do the steps as described, can I get the refund?
- (2019-09-08, v:0.1.9) Jeff Desrochers: Cant download and purchase the extension
This is the error code i get. [OR-CAC-20]
- (2019-09-08, v:0.1.9) Jeff Desrochers: can seem to purchase the extension, keep getting error.
i keep getting an error when i try to purchase the extension i have tried multiple times What gives???
- (2019-09-03, v:0.1.9) Mary Crawford: Is it possible to correct your mistakes by voice?
Is it possible to use a command like Scratch That or Correct That to fix any mistakes in your dictation?
- (2019-09-01, v:0.1.9) Rob Damiani: love this extension!
Are there keyboard shortcuts to start/stop dictation?
- (2019-08-29, v:0.1.9) Narayan Iyer: Speechnotesx Chrome extension is not working
I have purchased the extension yesterday however i am unable to add it to chrome. Could you please check & help.