An easy to use speech synthesis and recognition tool for your browser!
Speech to Text (Voice Recognition) is an extension that helps you convert your speech to text. It can recognize a wide variety of languages and related dialects. In order to work with this extension, simply open the addon's UI and then press on the big microphone icon to start converting your voice to text. Please note that, when the add-on is first started, it asks for microphone permission. Please accept the permission to start working with the add-on. All the captured text is placed in the top text-area within the UI. In order to copy the text, use (Ctrl + C) keyboard combination. This add-on has no background activities when it is closed. Moreover, it does not need an internet connection for operation. If you found a bug to report, please fill the bug report form in the add-on's homepage (https://mybrowseraddon.com/speech-to-text.html).
- (2021-05-03) MICHAEL ANHAR: It doesn't recognize the back-and-forth nature of dialogue. It just transcribes one long stream of words instead of detecting breaks in speech and dropping down to the next line accordingly.
- (2021-05-01) Negative 100 plays: Didn't understand half of the words I said, extremely infuriating having to repeat the same sentence 20+ more times before it finally understands.
- (2021-03-28) rabbi islam: I really love this extension
- (2021-03-25) Youness Maarouf: This plugin is better than voice in voice typing plugin. Although, this plugin need some improvement. I noticed the following issues in this plugin: 1- when I move cursor somewhere between the text and try to to type at that place, the text appears at the end of text instead of at the cursor . 2- There is no drag and drop drag and drop functionality in the speech to text window. moreover, when clicking and selecting the text the whole words is not selected. 3- upon repeating the voice it should correct the text.
- (2021-03-02) Joel Viner: brillaint app bit of a risk of deleting what you read but its fantastic these people need a knighthood for this
- (2021-03-02) PeaceBy Jesus: Unfortunately it doesn't work on this page or others such as Quora. However it does work and its own text box.
- (2021-02-08) Tenya Iida: I liked it because it understood most of the things I was trying to say HOWEVER I hated that when I pressed the microphone to add more of what I was saying It ERASED EVERYTHING and now I have no way of getting it back. This made me furious so maybe you should add a history revise or something like that so someone can restore their work or maybe a feature WHERE IT DOESN'T DO THAT. Thank you for your time
- (2020-12-09) Ihsan Ozkan: It is awesome. Harika bir uygulama çok başarılı.
- (2020-11-26) Easy learning with PK: I was looking for voice in voice typing alternative as that does not work on all the websites, found out that it works different way. if somebody is looking for doing voice dictation anywhere on web eg. gmail, gdocs or facebook messenger here is the free extension i found out that works on all the websites. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/speech-recognition-toolki/hmpihaioaacpehkghnkmnmgmihalkmdf
- (2020-10-27) Mrayking: AMAZING! helped with notes so i don't have to spend 15 minutes writing them down. accurate speech recognition with very few mistakes, would definitely recommend
- (2020-09-04) Simon Leung: Easy to use..
- (2020-04-13) Sadiqeen Noor: This plugin is better than voice in voice typing plugin. Although, this plugin need some improvement. I noticed the following issues in this plugin: 1- when I move cursor somewhere between the text and try to to type at that place, the text appears at the end of text instead of at the cursor . 2- There is no drag and drop drag and drop functionality in the speech to text window. moreover, when clicking and selecting the text the whole words is not selected. 3- upon repeating the voice it should correct the text.
- (2019-12-30) TheGuy: no editing functions?
- (2019-12-19) Charles Williams: no editing functions