A text to speech tool with natural sounding voices.
Text to Speech (TTS) is a text to speech extension with natural sounding voices by using HTML5 TTS APIs. Some features: 1. Easy one-click text-to-speech via HTML5 API. 2. Auto detects language (no need to set input language each time) 3. Text-to-speech is enabled by holding (Alt), (T), or (Insert) key 4. Highlights selected text while text-to-speech is running. 5. Uses the native HTML5 API (no need to install additional plugins). Note 1: For the highlight feature to work correctly, please select text paragraph-by-paragraph. The highlight feature is still in Beta and may not work properly in all websites. Note 2: HTML5 TTS API is still a work in progress and may encounter crashes or errors. If the API is not active in your browser, please go to "about:config" page and search for "webspeech" keyword. Once you find "media.webspeech.synth.enables" item, right-click on it and click - Toggle - to enable it. To report Bugs, please visit the addon's homepage (https://mybrowseraddon.com/text-to-speech.html) and fill the bug report form.
- (2020-07-25) Andrew Spoda: good. but how to switch between voices? and how to change voice speed and/or pitch?
- (2020-03-12) Second Life Around: Updating Review - THIS EXTENSION DESERVES A MUCH HIGHER RATING AVERAGE. IT'S EASILY A 4.5 STAR GOING ON 5! I've been using this extension for over a year maybe longer. And during that time I've tried nearly all of them here at the Chrome Web Store...and I always stay on this one because it's easily the best one on all levels. Original Review - Has mostly always worked for me. Thank you for creating this extension. God bless.
- (2019-07-16) soul mate: Can't adjust the speed, the reading speed is too slow
- (2019-05-20) Humanitaire Empathique: Doesn't work.
- (2019-04-20) Noodlebox: It's almost perfect! But is there a way to change the voice into Google Female English? Also change speed and pitch of the voice too? Also there's seems to be bug you can't type anything on input a few times, I don't know why. It seems like it happens after you activate the TTS on two paragraphs of text, that the "unable to type in the input field" bug kicks in.
- (2019-02-18) David Delma: This is an easy to use extension, but it won't switch to others languages on my computer. It only uses french voice.